So we have been to FW almost every month of the year. Mostly in the winter, spring, and summer due to the kids school requirements.

I have always heard that it was slow in September so when DD asked to go to Disney for her 10th birthday on September 20th I thought, sure that would be fun.......WOW was I wrong! I have never seen this place so crazy with traffic and people.

Including a poorly timed attempt at a boat trip to MK, right as the Hoop Dee Do let out and normal in and out of parks we have never spent nearly this long traveling around Disney.

Was I wrong about September being a low time?

Maybe because it's opening weekend for Food and Wine? I hate to hear about the crowds right now, because we're heading down next weekend. We used to go the week after Labor Day (very low crowds). This year we planned this trip to be able to be there for Food and Wine and Halloween Horror Nights. We may have to go back to doing Disney early September and just doing a long weekend at Universal, in October, for Horror Nights.

Maybe because it's opening weekend for Food and Wine?

Is it that transportation has seemed super busy or are the crowds in the parks bad too?  How are the wait times for attractions?

I've either been a guest or have worked in 3 of the 4 parks every day since last Weds and can't really say that I've noticed a difference from last year. But that's me.

I used WDW transportation, I know it's hard to believe, and it seemed normal to me.

My commute to and from WDW seems to be normal for this time of year.

The standby line last Wed afternoon on the 7DMT train was 60 minutes. At HM and POTC, it was 15 minutes, and the standby line at SSE on Thursday night was 5 minutes.

Maybe because it's opening weekend for Food and Wine?

Is it that transportation has seemed super busy or are the crowds in the parks bad too?  How are the wait times for attractions?

I've either been a guest or have worked in 3 of the 4 parks every day since last Weds and can't really say that I've noticed a difference from last year. But that's me.

I used WDW transportation, I know it's hard to believe, and it seemed normal to me.

My commute to and from WDW seems to be normal for this time of year.

The standby line last Wed afternoon on the 7DMT train was 60 minutes. At HM and POTC, it was 15 minutes, and the standby line at SSE on Thursday night was 5 minutes.

That's good to hear!

I used to go every September on my birthday, but now that I handle Europe for my company, I can't go in September due to a huge trade show in Amsterdam (ya, pretty tough duty...). BUT, when I did go in mid September the crowds were just silly low. I once rode Pirates of the Carribean 5 straight times without leaving my boat - and I was the only one in it. Just told the CM at the end of the ride that I wanted to go again. This was about 7pm.

September is by far the best time to go in my experience.

Mostly we have seen transportation be very backed up and packed. But the parks have been every bit as crowded as it was during our June trip. Also the loops have been mostly or completely full.

Ride wait times have been a little lower than June levels but still pretty high during the day time.

In terms of crowd levels Sept is one of the better times, but with temps still in the low 90s, high humidity, and a fair amount of rain, it can be uncomfortable, unless you're from Atlanta.

That is so true, Lou. On the other hand, all the yankees go back to their resorts around 4ish, and don't return. I personally don't mind the heat at all, but I must admit that we don't have the humidty with the heat like you do. I can walk outside and immediately take a picture in the middle of summer in Atlanta. In Orlando I have to wait 10 minutes until my camera lenses defog!

I will also add that dining reservations have been MORE difficult to get than both our March and June trips...

ABSOLUTELY!!! In September Disney offers free dining for guests staying in the resorts - so ADR's are hard to get. That is also why the transportation can be crowded as you must stay at a Disney resort to get free dining.

Just for chuckles, I checked to see what the Touring Plans app says for today...

They're putting the overall crowd level at a 4 out of 10 (sweet!) and individual parks at:

MK 6

EP 4

HS 2

AK 4

TSM currently only has a 30 minute wait!!

Looks like Hollywood Studios is the place to be.  :)

Just curious, I see you are from central PA, and you mention several trips per year.  Do you take your camper down each time?  how long do you stay for each visit?

We just moved to PA last year and brought our camper back this past summer.  Still trying to figure out how to get down there more often.

Driving isn't our only obstacle, though…now we have one in high school and taking a few days off to wander down to Disney World isn't an option any more with his homework and extracurricular stuff.

Just curious, I see you are from central PA, and you mention several trips per year.  Do you take your camper down each time?  how long do you stay for each visit?

We just moved to PA last year and brought our camper back this past summer.  Still trying to figure out how to get down there more often.

Driving isn't our only obstacle, though…now we have one in high school and taking a few days off to wander down to Disney World isn't an option any more with his homework and extracurricular stuff.

Sorry for delay on replying, back to work now and trying to catch up.

Yes, we have been camping at FW now for about 5 years. The first 2 years we pulled the 5th wheel down and really liked it. But as the kids got bigger and less willing to sit in the truck for 18 + hours for the trip so we traded it on a 32 ft class c motor home.

This year because of the work changes we were able to make 3 trips to Disney. 1 in the truck and 2 in the motorhome.

Now, to be honest, we are all completely Disney 'd out!

Our trips from central Pa take about 18 1/2 hours and sometimes we stop and sometimes I drive straight through.

I am glad to help if you want any suggestions on route, campgrounds or rest stops on the way, or anything else just PM me.