A solo day at Disneyland. (California Adventire)

I can't wait for my flight out west!!! Last time I went, I flew at night both directions, this time we are flying during daylight hours. Really looking forward to the views!!

Hopefully your flight path is over the Grand Canyon. Pictures just don't do it justice.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grand Canyon is just one of those things that you can't believe, even when you see it.

Vegas, baby!

Your right. When I was younger I would drive home to California to see my family and almost every trip I would stay the night in flagstaff Arizona and visit it. But now im old and I fly. One day we will have to drive again so DD(10) can see it.

That's the car your father-in-law leaves in Vegas to use six times a year?

Very nice.

BTW- whose Starbucks cup is that there on the pavement next to the car?

We will never get our cinnamon rolls back at this rate.

TCD

Yep. FIL goes out there for 2-3 weeks at a time so he does get quite a bit of use out of it.

Not my Starbucks cup. I don't drink coffee.

Nope. Not even Disneyland has the old cinnamon rolls any more.

Ray..... Wish I was with you....

You know what, I really would have liked your company. Don't get me wrong. I had a really good time but when I was at the Aladdin show I was sitting there thinking how much my DW and DD would like this show. Or when I walked up to the Haunted Mansion I thought dang it I wish Katman...Jasom was here since this was his idea and I knew he would really enjoy the Halloween theming. And yell at him because 1/2 of plan B was all his fault. Lol

I guess to me part of the whole Disney experience is sharing it with the ones you love.

Ok. So here goes my little TR about my solo trip to Disneyland and California Adventure. Now I know a lot of you are at a GG and a lot of you are at the Fort so I hope this will help us poor schmuckfaces that are stuck at home while you guys have fun.

First I had to get a ticket. Fortunately I have enough points on my Disney rewards visa to buy a ticket.

Free ticket! Winning!

Because a one day ticket with hopper isn't cheap.

image_zps3e888f4d.jpg

Ok ticket in hand I head to the entrance. California here I come!!!

image_zpsb4786f10.jpg

Wait I think I already posted that picture? Oh well I look good so let's see it again. Even though the camera adds 20-30 lbs.

:rofl2:

After picking up my guest assistance card I head straight for here...

image_zps4fd72d03.jpg

Ok photo bucket or my moms wifi is acting up so this is going to be a short update. But don't worry I've got tons of pix to share.

Ray

How was your son's graduation ? Does he plan on staying out there?

It was great thank you.

Yes. He's applying for jobs in San Francisco Bay Area. That way he can continue to live with his mom( ex-wife) until he gets some work experience and them he wants to move to Denver, Colorado.

Just got on the plane in Las Vegas. They closed the doors and made an announcement that there are delays at DFW and so we are going to pull away from the gate and park. For upto 1 1/2 hours. WTF! Why the heck did they board us? I could be sitting in front of a machine wasting my money.

My connection in Dallas was only 45 minutes.

Ray that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! I thought there was some rule about how long they can make you sit? I thought it was an hour? I hope it doesn't end up being long.

Boy that is stupid.  Hope you are on your way by now, maybe even close to home.

Stupid is an understatement.

Luckily we only sat for about 15-20 minutes before we took off.

And we landed at gate C29 and my connecting flight is at gate C26. We will be taking off in 10 minutes.

And I'll be at my other happy place by 4:00-4:30. (Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma).

Ok let's get this TR rolling. I know these pix won't compare to the GG pix from Defeated Creek but I hope you like them.

Before we get to Cars Land we have to go down Buena Vista Street.

As I entered I noticed this shop to the left. Oswald's. Guest relations is right next door.

It's a neat little store that sells all sorts of Oswald merchandise.

And my DW's maiden name is Oswald. (Side story...DW's uncle & aunt were living in Dallas Texas when JFK was shot. They had several threatening calls and actually came back to Oklahoma for a few days to get away from it.).

DSC03000_zps53ddacbb.jpg

Car outside of Oswald's

DSC03004_zpsda70db42.jpg

I think this is the only time I've ever seen Oswald. Does anyone know if he makes an appearance at Disneyworld?

image_zpscfb1df0c.jpg

Ok for those of you that have never been to C.A. Let's just look around BVS.

DSC03001_zpsb59d74ce.jpg

DSC03002_zpsfe1bdfbc.jpg

Guest relations is in here.

DSC03003_zpsc6f6f921.jpg

Love the Art Deco fountain. If you like Art Deco architecture, like me, you'll like CA.

DSC03010_zps673198e4.jpg

Ok who knows who this store is named after?

DSC03007_zps77232110.jpg

This building reminds me of all the Spanish missions thru out California. Also if you turn left at this building you head to Hollywood Land, Monsters Inc., Aladdin show, ToT, etc.

DSC03008-Copy_zps5ede44d0.jpg

This is the Red Car Trolley that the News Boys usually rides in. I don't know why but they weren't in it at this time. I did catch a little bit of their show later.

DSC03005_zps6307a1b1.jpg

Here's Goofy and the Five & Dime. They were a fun group to sit and watch for a few minutes.

image_zpsa2c2c4a8.jpg

As you leave Buena Vista Street you reach a junction that either takes you to Cars Land, a Bug's Land, or the Pacific Wharf (and then to Paradise Pier).

This is where you would pick up your FP for Radiator Springs Racers. Remember they don't have FP+ I'm California. This is one reason Plan B worked so well. I think it was about 8:30 am when I took this picture.

DSC03015_zpsdfd3b18c.jpg

Ok we arrived at Cars Land.

IMHO. The imagineers got this one right. As I walked in I felt like I was in the movie.

image_zps4fd72d03.jpg

Here's the sign that greets you when you arrive at Radiator Springs.

Population 12.

DSC03022_zpse71c72eb.jpg

This is looking down the main st of Radiator Springs.

image_zps958bfe15.jpg

As you enter to your right is Filmore's Taste-in. They have fruit and fruit juices and some other hippie stuff.

DSC03023_zps15e91b13.jpg

To the left is Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It was a fun little ride that I was a little nervous about riding it as I don't do any spinning rides. Well thankfully it didn't spin me around. It more or less whipped me around. I liked it. You should try it. It was about 8:30 am and I walked right on.

DSC03025_zpsdf9ffb57.jpg

Here's the queue. Notice there's no one in line.

The theming is well done.

DSC03026_zps6498534a.jpg

DSC03028_zps585c0d99.jpg

DSC03031-Copy_zps3c27f1c3.jpg

Photo limit. More pix coming right up.