A solo day at Disneyland. (California Adventire)

let's get back to TSMM. Mr. Potato Head is pretty funny. He tells some pretty good jokes.

raysiphone10142014049_zpsd5d5a60f.jpg

The que is not the same as TSMM at HS but the ride is. Here's a picture of the que (spelling). Not much to it. Not going to bore you with pic of the ride as it's the same.

raysiphone10142014050_zps6c7e6c41.jpg

After TSMM we headed back across the bridge and ran into these guys.

pinkcameradiswneyland2014180_zps6778c322

raysiphone10142014052_zpsf987a286.jpg

It wasn't lunch time yet but I was hungry and I was in a hurry so I stopped for a quick snack.

For those of you that know me know that I love hot dogs and would eat them all day every day if I could. And this one was pretty good.

raysiphone10142014053_zps452fa699.jpg

This is were I was heading. Grizzly River Run in the Grizzly Peak area. It's a river rafting ride were you usually get really wet. It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot either and I really didn't want to get wet. The wait time said 10 minutes but there's was a bunch of people in line so I asked a CM at the FP return and she said it was more like a 25-30 minute wait time so I skipped it and headed towards Soarin.

raysiphone10142014055_zpsccf0f677.jpg

This is the entrance from the Grand Californian resort for guests.

raysiphone10142014056_zps3d62da22.jpg

This girl was cute. I did ask if I could take her picture for a Disney board and she said yes. Actually I took the picture and she looked over at me and that's when I asked. Lol. I didn't want her to think I'm a creep. Don't say it Dave! Or Lou!

Marty. What do you call this again? Disney Bounding?

raysiphone10142014058_zps3bde0247.jpg

Ok how many people can name the hotel that the monorail goes thru?

If guessed the Contemporary you'd be right.

And if you said the Contemporary and the Grand Californian you'd be right also.

Don't believe me? Just look. It's hard to see because of the trees but look closely.

raysiphone10142014059_zps839b836e.jpg

Here's a pic I borrowed from jimzim.net

Mo is that what I need to do when I borrow a pic of the interwebz?

imagejpg1_zps70b33a73.jpg

Even though the monorail goes thru the Grand Californian resort it doesn't have a stop in the resort. You actually have to catch the monorail in DTD which is only a few minutes walk from the resort.

Let's head over to Soarin! And the Condor Flats area. If you look towards the top left corner of the pic you'll see Soarin.

raysiphone10142014060_zpsf08340e5.jpg

The entrance to Soarin.

raysiphone10142014066_zps216d8152.jpg

Let's head inside.

raysiphone10142014063_zps5ef1292a.jpg

Again it's the same ride as the one at Epcot. It even had the big black spot.

WTF! Did the original film have a black spot on it? I thought I had a picture of the spots but I can't find it. Oh well.

As you exit, you see a gift shop across the way. To the left of the gift shop is were the Lightening and Mater meet n greet use to be before Cars Land. I'm actually looking back at the Grand Californian and you can see the monorail track right before it enters the hotel.

raysiphone10142014065_zps61676ecd.jpg

Let's turn around now and head back thru Buena vista street and then on to Hollywood Land.

That is the ToT in the background.

raysiphone10142014067_zps98f2cdfa.jpg

As I entered Buena Vista Street these guys were performing, again.

raysiphone10142014068_zpsd272f7b3.jpg

Well this is a good place to stop.

In the next update we will get a look at the Aladdin Theatre and finish up with CA and I'll explain Plan B and why it's all Jason's fault.

Thanks

Ray.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, I wonder how old that monorail picture you borrowed is?? The reason I ask, is that is a picture of the old monorail train, and they were updating the monorails to the new ones back during my trip in 2008.

Are they still using any of the old monorail trains??

Hmmmm, I wonder how old that monorail picture you borrowed is?? The reason I ask, is that is a picture of the old monorail train, and they were updating the monorails to the new ones back during my trip in 2008.

Are they still using any of the old monorail trains??

I don't know if that an old monorail train or not. It was just the best pic I found of the area I was at. I saw a train go into the building and it surprised me. I didn't know the train ran thru the building. I waited for another train to go thru and tried to find a better place to get a pic of the track going into the resort but I was on a mission and couldn't stick around too long.

Also. Look at the pix I took and the one I borrowed.

Did you Notice the building is a different color?

Time to leave Buena Vista street and head down to. Hollywood Land.

raysiphone10142014070_zpse75e059b.jpg

raysiphone10142014071_zps5bf5c828.jpg

raysiphone10142014072_zps02b548f2.jpg

raysiphone10142014073_zps19b7b849.jpg

Let's turn left and head to Hollywood Studios.

raysiphone10142014076_zpsf6cc3247.jpg

The first thing I spotted was this food cart.

Turkey leg or chimichanga?

Turkey leg!

raysiphone10142014077_zps8317b4ef.jpg

Pic from Hollywood Studios.

Hollywood Backlot Stage area.

raysiphone10142014078_zps880cb194.jpg

Muppet Vision 3-D. I've seen it here before so I skipped it.

raysiphone10142014079_zpsfe218388.jpg

Monsters, Inc- Mike and Sully to the Rescue.

I really like this ride. It takes you thru the movie to return Boo to her room.

raysiphone10142014081_zps90a115fb.jpg

raysiphone10142014086_zpsf874421d.jpg

raysiphone10142014082_zps39e7565a.jpg

This is where the have the Mad T Party. I won't be here tonight so you'll have to go see it and tell us about it.

raysiphone10142014087_zpsa3b524f9.jpg

This is at the end of Hollywood Land.

raysiphone10142014089_zpsb888d2a4.jpg

Let's keep walking. As you can see I'm heading towards ToT but that's not my destination. See those people? They're heading to Disney's Aladdin - A musical spectacular. And that were I'm heading.

raysiphone10142014088_zpsbd58652a.jpg

Well I used Plan B and I was admitted into the theatre before the rest of the guests. Here's a shot of the empty theatre before everyone else came in. Belief it filled up fast.

raysiphone10142014090_zps8473dbcd.jpg

I was seated front row center.

Stage left.

raysiphone10142014092_zps322e4827.jpg

I sat next to the family up front and they were watching my seat so I could take this picture.

Stage right.

raysiphone10142014094_zpse8fe8c81.jpg

The show started and I was able to get a few pictures

raysiphone10142014097_zps7290d0ca.jpg

Sorry the pictures are blurry. I would have gotten more but about 5-10 minutes in to the show they stopped the show. They said they were having technical difficulties.

WTF! Don't they know I'm on a mission.

I waited only a few minutes and when it start back up I decided to move on.

Where was I going?

ToT? Nope been there done that.

Here's where I'm going.

And it's all Jason's fault

The place where it all began!

The happiest place on earth!

DISNEYLAND!

raysiphone10142014103_zps4db884b9.jpg

Well it's photo limit so I'll post some more pix later of Disneyland.

But before I go I'll explain why it's Jason's fault.

Before this trip I was trying to decide which park to go to and I decided to go to CA to see Cars Land for my first time and since I've been to Disneyland almost as many times as TCD has been to Disney World. Lol.

The decision was made. Or was it? Katman...Jason mentioned that Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is specially themed for Halloween.

Well this is something I had to see. Thanks Jason. A hopper at Disneyland isn't cheap. Lol Disneyland is also nicely decorated for Halloween.

And in the next update we will look at Disneyland and the Haunted Mansion.

And before I close this update let me explain Plan B.

It's really not that exciting. But there is three parts to it.

Part one

Disneyland still has the old FP program. And I used it in conjunction with part two.

Part two.

As some of you know I am a service connected disabled veteran and sometimes have difficulty standing for extended periods of time and walking for long periods of time. So I get a Disability access card.

Well I took full advantage of the program. Unlike Disneyworld, when you get a DAS at guest relations they ask you what ride you want to go on first and they give a you a time to go on that ride. And then after you've used that pass you go up to a CM who is at a kiosk close by and you tell them which ride you'd like to go on and they look at the wait time cut it in half and tell you to go to that ride at that time. Example. When I went up to TSMM it said there was a 30 minute wait time. Well the kiosk was right across the street so I walked over and the CM told me to go to TSMM in 15 minutes. Each land has a kiosk. At Disneyworld you have to go to the attraction and the CM at the FP+ return line write a return time on your card.

Part three

is a something I've done for years and Lou said something similar to what I've done for years.

I'm nice to the CM at the attraction. Yep that the second part of Plan B.

You'll be surprised how nice and generous they are when your nice and appreciative of them. I've gotten rider swap passes, FPs, and some CMs, like the one at Monsters inc. Have let me walk right in an attraction.

Try it. I think the key for me is. I'm genuine. I'm not a suck up. I just like meeting people and like talking to them.

Example. When I arrived at Monsters, inc I already had my DAS card signed for the Aladdin show. And it was a 30 minute stand by wait. So I struck up a conversation with the CM at the FP return line. I asked nicely if he could change my DAS card so I could ride Monsters, Inc since I still had about 20 minutes before the show was scheduled to start.

He said I would have to go to the kiosk and ask them to change it. Or come back after the show. But he said that if I had them change it to Monsters, inc that I would probably lose my return time for that show and I would have to wait till the next show several hours away.

I politely said thank you very much and that I appreciated his help but I really wanted to see the show and after the show I was going to Disneyland after the show and wouldn't have time after the show. As I was walking away he said fellow me. He walked me in the building and told the CM checking FPs that I was ok and I walked right on ride.

Thanks

Ray.

Ok this TR is taking way to much time. Let's end it shall we. I've got about 80-90 pix just from disneyland but I won't bore you with them. Let's see if we can just post a few so can end this tr.

With out to much commentary. I give you Disneyland at Halloween.

pinkcameradiswneyland2014181_zpse958c65c

pinkcameradiswneyland2014182_zpse910f468

raysiphone10142014105_zps8a271288.jpg

raysiphone10142014109_zpsb13058db.jpg

Snack time.

raysiphone10142014111_zpsd82fca19.jpg

the reason I came to Disneyland. And it was worth it.

The Nightmare Before Christmas.

raysiphone10142014114_zps3b5fed82.jpg

raysiphone10142014113_zpsbc53c43c.jpg

raysiphone10142014115_zps5c87d83b.jpg

raysiphone10142014117_zps38ce7396.jpg

raysiphone10142014118_zpsb648ed8f.jpg

I've got a bunch more pictures of the inside of the Haunted Mansion but let's move on.

After the Haunted Mansion I hit Fantasyland pretty hard.

I rode...

Mr Toads wild ride

Pinocchio's daring journey

Alice in Wonderland

It's a small world and a few others.

After I went back to CA and rode RSR once again.

After that I headed out.

Well thanks for reading along and let me just end this by saying if you haven't been to Disneyland and California Adventure, you really need to head out west and check them out. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks

Ray.

Neat report Ray. 

You know the saying we use when a jerk is being a jerk...'what goes around comes around', well it also applies to kindness, politeness and being nice.  I think your niceness was coming back at you.  Glad you had such a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing it with us.

Neat report Ray.

You know the saying we use when a jerk is being a jerk...'what goes around comes around', well it also applies to kindness, politeness and being nice. I think your niceness was coming back at you. Glad you had such a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

I'm a firm believer in"karma".

Do u to others as you would like done unto you.

I just think it's easier to nice to people then rude.