Unelected it or not after numerous trips to disneyworld we still haven't been to Disney qwest. Mainly because DD was always too young.

Well, this morning we are watching a show about Disney and DD asked why we've never been and if we can go there during our next trip.

So for those of you that have been there. Please tell me what you thought of it. We might be there this Christmas and I know it's going to be busy so would be a mistake to try and go then?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Thanks

Ray.

We went once. I love video games but it tends to be dated at this point. If you book packages now they include 2 passes for 1 day at Disney Quest. The food inside wasnt really great but DTD is right there so no big. You could probably spend a half day and say you did it. 

I went there one day a couple of years ago. The Virtual Reality games gave me a headache.  I was actually going because somebody told me there was a BattleZone game in there. In my former life, my ex and I had a full size BattleZone in our apartment. I got really good at that game and was hoping to play again.

Unfortunately, the BattleZone was gone :(

Since we have Premier APs this year, I may venture back just to take a look see.

Ray,

We have been several times and my two teenage boys love it but even they don't want to stay more than a couple of hours these days.  It is worth a trip but it isn't going to make your trip.  Mrs. YC and i were able to enjoy the nightlife of DTD a little while the boys played inside during our trip in June.  Not sure that would work with your DD.

YC…Eric

Ray-

We have gone several times.  it was definitely a fun thing to do with my girls when they were younger. 

The last time we were there, they had a new game based on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.  The game involved shooting canons.  The shooting mechanisms were what they later used on Toy Story Midway Mania.  That game was a lot of fun, and I imagine it's still there.

There was another game which involved riding around in vehicles that were like bumper cars.  Only these had the ability to scoop up and shoot large rubber balls at the other cars.

Then there was Virtual Space Mountain, which is a lot like the Sum of All Thrills at Epcot.  In my memory, I liked Virtual Space Mountain better.

I think you'd have a lot of fun with your daughter, so go.

TCD

Thanks for the input everyone.

DD has called it. As many of you know DD gets to pick a special place to go if she gets straight As for the semester. I.e. Chuckie chz, local amusement park, Etc.

Well she said she wants to go to Disney Qwest for her reward.

This is great news since DW hasn't said we are going for certain. But this is how it works on most trips to Disney.

• 2 months later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but thanks for asking and thanks for the answers. When we upgrade to APs this year, we talked about the ones that offer the water parks and Disney Qwest was included but we weren't sure what it was. It sounds like it is a big Dave and Busters type of place.

I know it costs to get in (except we'll have APs). Are the games then additional cost?

No the games are not additional cost. My teenage boys practically lived in the place one trip, and really enjoyed it. I went in there once (as an adult, by myself). The virtual reality games gave me a headache, and the main reason I went in there was there was rumored to be a BattleZone in there, but it was gone. Unfortunately, as the classic games wear out, they will eventually go away, as replacement parts can't be found.