Transition from Halloween to Christmas Decorations

Ok, I have a question that I need one of the experts here to answer. We are looking to spend Halloween 2015 at the Fort and would like to see some of the Christmas decorations as well if at all possible. How long after Halloween do those decorations come down and at what point to does the Christmas stuff start going up?

As of right now we have reservations for 10/29/15 – 11/07/15 and I’m really hoping that in that week after Halloween we might be able to see some of the Christmas stuff. I could play with the dates a little and possibly arrive a day later but we definitely want to be there (and settled) on 10/31.

Yup, at the parks, the fall stuff comes down, and the Christmas stuff goes up within the week following Halloween.

At the Fort, the serious decorators will be switching stuff out on November 1.  Some go to Thanksgiving decorations first.

The official decorations (garland on bus stops and trading posts, big Christmas tree at Settlement) won't happen until close to Thanksgiving- you're not likely to see that on November 7.

TCD

Yup, at the parks, the fall stuff comes down, and the Christmas stuff goes up within the week following Halloween.

At the Fort, the serious decorators will be switching stuff out on November 1.  Some go to Thanksgiving decorations first.

The official decorations (garland on bus stops and trading posts, big Christmas tree at Settlement) won't happen until close to Thanksgiving- you're not likely to see that on November 7.

TCD

We're typically at the Fort during October...but looking to push it back to November next year just so we can see the lights (that and we'd like to try Mickey's Christmas Party).  We can save about $300 if we come the two weeks before Thanksgiving compared to Thanksgiving day and after.... but I don't want to be disappointed.

Should we wait and spend more?  Or do you think the difference will be minimal.

Oh... and I'd rather come and not freeze (my concern with Disney Nov-Feb), but I know there are no guarantees when it comes to weather ;)

There will be a LOT of decorations up the 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving. All of the parks were decorated well before Thanksgiving last year too.  It seems they started on EP, HS and AK right after they finished MK that first week.

Resorts can sometimes take a little longer, but since they usually shoot to have everything in place by Thanksgiving these days, if you're there the week before, it should still be quite festive.

We're typically at the Fort during October...but looking to push it back to November next year just so we can see the lights (that and we'd like to try Mickey's Christmas Party).  We can save about $300 if we come the two weeks before Thanksgiving compared to Thanksgiving day and after.... but I don't want to be disappointed.

Should we wait and spend more?  Or do you think the difference will be minimal.

Oh... and I'd rather come and not freeze (my concern with Disney Nov-Feb), but I know there are no guarantees when it comes to weather ;)

I don't think you would be disappointed at all coming in early November.  There will be plenty of decorations.

As Mo said, the parks will all be decorated.  There will be plenty of decorations around the Fort, too.  The decorations definitely build as Thanksgiving approaches, but there will be plenty.

And the weather in November is usually perfect.  And the crowds will be way less before Thanksgiving week.  Thanksgiving weekend is brutal in the parks.

TCD

I don't think you would be disappointed at all coming in early November.  There will be plenty of decorations.

As Mo said, the parks will all be decorated.  There will be plenty of decorations around the Fort, too.  The decorations definitely build as Thanksgiving approaches, but there will be plenty.

And the weather in November is usually perfect.  And the crowds will be way less before Thanksgiving week.  Thanksgiving weekend is brutal in the parks.

TCD

Also reasons that the beginning of November is one of our favorite times to go.

Okay... almost 37K posts between the two of you, so I'm taking the word of the experts and scheduled our trip with Jason for 11/7/15 - 11/22/15 :)   Bonus, the difference in money will pay for the tickets to Mickey's Christmas Party :)

Okay... almost 37K posts between the two of you, so I'm taking the word of the experts and scheduled our trip with Jason for 11/7/15 - 11/22/15 :)   Bonus, the difference in money will pay for the tickets to Mickey's Christmas Party :)

Experts?  Or just 2 people that talk too much?  8)

Actually we've been that time of year a bunch, and are doing it again this year.  Great time to go!  :)

If you go behind the MK and drive by the building where the decorations are produced, you'll see flatbed after flatbed loaded with the largest of the Christmas trees and other large Christmas decorations. It's very impressive. Reminds me of an army preparing for war.

It would be cool to see it all rolling out.

Thanks to a tip from TCD, I got to see them decorate the Settlement area at the Fort in the middle of the night one year.

It is pretty darned impressive.

Mo? Do you think they will be decorating the Fort while you (we) are there this year? I'd love to see it that!

I'm not sure.  If I remember correctly, it was much earlier last year - so we might miss it.

But on the plus side, it may all be done when we get there!  :)