Random crap is good, especially when you have 3 different shoes and no matches!

As a lot of people already said, layers work the best.  Things that pack down small that you can take in the parks with you that you can add/take away during the day as temps change.

Nights in one spot I would make sure you had something pretty warm or again a couple of items that you can add together, long sleeve shirt, maybe a vest, then a warm jacket over the top.

Keep your head covered and you will stay warmer.

We just endured the Halloween blast of frigid weather (to us) tenting at the Fort.  Ample blankets and sweat shirts/pants helped.

Being a Floridian for almost 40 years, I dread having to pack when we travel to colder climates.  I hate how everything is bulky and fills your suitcase up so quickly... and heavy shoes are a burden.  Both to wear and pack!

Being a Floridian for almost 40 years, I dread having to pack when we travel to colder climates.  I hate how everything is bulky and fills your suitcase up so quickly... and heavy shoes are a burden.  Both to wear and pack!

^^^^^^^

This is me . . . on I've been in south (well south central) Texas for 40 years. I hate carrying jackets around, or the layers I have peeled off.  But for reals - - first world problems, eh??  Can't be too bad...if I have to be chilly, at least I'm at Disney!!!

To quote Shakespeare, "How doth one pack for November at yon beautiful Fort??"

We roll out on Wednesday, and I feel like I have brought clothes to cover winter on summit of Mt. Everest, summer in the Sahara, and everything in between. If feel that maybe, just maybe, I have over done it.

Living in Texas means I think anything below 70 degrees in cold. Knowing this fact, REALISTICALLY, what type of clothing do we need for days and some evenings at the park???

Lots of good ideas followed.

So, from this theard I have learn the following:

#1: pack all the clothes you own.

#2: Bring pie (or cake), but really, pie.

:smug:

#1 yes

#2 yes and yes

I bet Disney loves it when it gets cold.

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar on that and when it rains too!

If you have the room to pack a pair of water proof shoes, like crocs or similar foot ware, do it!

DH and I were driving near AK yesterday, temps were dropping and rain starting to spit.  I said, 'this is tiger seeing weather'!  After some discussion, he dropped me near AK's entrance.  Took a sweater and an umbrella from the car and headed to Asia.  I had fun but long story short, the tigers had been called inside because of the tornado warning, so no tigers to see.  I did have a wonderful conversation with the CM in the Asian bird aviary.  Saw a male fairy bluebird, beautiful little bird with a wonderful song.

Rain stopped spitting and started pouring, even with the umbrella went home with wet shoes and jeans.  Still fun!

BTW  wonder what they used to call the tigers inside.... maybe shake a big bag of kitty treats?

What's with all this pack gloves and layers stuff?

Its florida!

I pack shorts, short sleeve shirts(t-shirts), and swim shorts.

That's all you will need.

But I do like Beckers and others have said, I do bring two pair of shoes.

A black pair and a blue pair of flip flops.

When we did Christmas 2012, we were happy for our winter coats, gloves, and hats. We were also envied by others in lines who said they were Floridians and literally didn't own that stuff. We also found out that if you wait until nightfall, Harry Potter Land in Universal is fairly empty and most rides are short waits (including a couple of roller coasters that literally had no wait). Oh and I don't like butter beer or whatever it was called.

When we did Christmas 2012, we were happy for our winter coats, gloves, and hats. We were also envied by others in lines who said they were Floridians and literally didn't own that stuff.

They were crazy Floridians then or recent transplants. Personally being born and raised in Florida anything below 75 is jeans weather and below 70 I break my hats gloves and scarves!