Overall experience from recent trip

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it, exactly.   Based on what I've seen, the problem is that there are guests using the Fort as a place to congregate and party- not to camp.  Over Thanksgiving weekend, there were a couple of l

The problem is they have a unique product (campground at an attraction) and they know it.   Now if Universal decided to build a campground, or if KOA built a large one in the area they may start to li

I can solve this problem. Bring beer to my campsite, and I'll take care of the rule breakers who are bothering you. 

I can solve this problem. Bring beer to my campsite, and I'll take care of the rule breakers who are bothering you. 

But that's the problem in a nutshell. 

You or anyone else that's a guest shouldn't have to approach another camper about poor behavior. 

The Fort personell should enforce the rules, or ultimately the guest should have enough common sense and courtesy to not be disturbing others.

Back in the good old dark ages, the majority of campers seemed like they had an overall better code of conduct and respect for others than the common vacationer.  They were a community.

Now you've got everyone and their brothers decending on the Fort and other campgrounds and they treat it like any other place they generally disrespect.... loud music, foul language, dropping trash, letting kids run wild.  It's like going to the beach or to a mall or city park.

The Fort personell should enforce the rules...

More often than not, that doesn't happen.  And not only that, but if you do complain to management about a neighbor, the solution is generally to offer to move YOU and do nothing about the offending neighbor. 

I know of a few cases where people complained about dogs left barking all day, and in all cases Disney's solution was to offer to move the person complaining, despite it saying in a few places in the rules/pet agreement that if your dog is a nuisance to others, you may be asked to remove the dog from the Fort.

Back in the good old dark ages, the majority of campers seemed like they had an overall better code of conduct and respect for others than the common vacationer.  They were a community.

This is my first post in a while due to personal happenings but have to chime in.

I don't consider a lot of these people campers by the traditional definition. Unfortunately the camping world has been infiltrated by partiers who aren't there for the overall experience but to be able to brag about how much they put away over the weekend. I even see the same behavior in our state parks but it is generally squashed quickly due to the rangers frequently patrolling the campground particularly around quiet time.