So, for me to come from Pittsburgh to the fort, it's about a 2000 mile round trip. After fuel and the ever increasing price of sites there, are you all die hards? Or is there a point where you just drive the car and get a hotel? Right now for the March / April trip were planning, we can pull the camper to the fort , or drive our car and crash at POP for about the exact dollar including fuel. I'm definitely doing the fort because our passes will expire in April, but I'm curious if any of you have a strategy or a defining line.

Thanks

AP

When they come up with rooms that have full kitchens and 2 recliners and cost the same as the FORT then we'd leave the RV at home. Until then we're die hards I guess unless as Carol and Susan said it's only for 3 nites max, but then we'd fly since it would mean a hotel room on the way down and back which would almost pay for one ticket when you figure gas.

For us it's mostly dog related.  8)

We only do one big family trip per year - and "family" is DH (who doesn't fly) + 3 dogs.

I've been on my own for a couple of weekend "girls getaways" - some in a rental camper at the Fort and some staying at a Value.

The times I've stayed at a Value were super short trips down to go to the 24 hour MK event - basically coming in Thursday night, going home Saturday/Sunday.

If I have my druthers (and budget) I'm going with the Fort. 

It's getting close to the nightly cost we would consider someplace else if we were not doing the parks. For now the ability to leave the car parked and take Disney transportation around the resort offsets the savings at other facilities. I also prefer to stay at a known entity than someplace I haven't been to or seen.