How to reuse Magic Bands

I've searched the site as best I can and looked around the WDW site but couldn't find the answer that I'm sure is out there in the ether.

We have our MB's from last October and I am wondering how to tie them to our current reservation. I have tied my reservation to MyDisneyExperience account but I the Incredible welcome package I received and the website indicate I need to order MB's. Is this a case of poor website design and welcome package programming I can ignore or is there something else I need to do?

Your old Magic Bands and new Magic Bands will be clones of each other if they're both linked. I use different colors interchangeably.

I agree.  I have every color of MB available free except blue (because I hate that color).  When at WDW I just pick out whatever color matches with what I'm wearing that day.

Thanks for the responses.

Is there a way to not have to order new ones?  We have a enough junk as it is and don't need more. I also hate throwing something away that is reusable. While it is looking like we might end up going to Epcot for the Food and Wine Fest the current plan is no Disney parks but we still need access to the CS, other resorts and the like.

Grey! Yuck.

I like the idea I saw on the other MB thread about making a garland for the Christmas tree but with just the DW and myself I doubt we will ever get enough to be practical. Just going to take the ones we have and tell them we will use those and see what happens. Thanks.

The MBs are still in the testing stage so they are offering new MBs for every new resi. Maybe by next fall when ya'll come back the MBs will work at the campground. Right now it is hit or miss (mostly miss) They will give you a card to use on the CS and front gate. The way the gate is set up now it's much easier to use a card or hold a MB (when they work) up to the reader.  

You can check your MDE and look at your MBs on file and make sure they are still active. They will be unless you deactivated them in which case you can simply reactivate them to use on all your trips. 

But who knows how things will be working next fall.

You can check your MDE and look at your MBs on file and make sure they are still active. They will be unless you deactivated them in which case you can simply reactivate them to use on all your trips. 

Thanks. I did some further looking around and found the MB's under my account (as opposed to the obvious order page under my reservation). Even Disney didn't point me to this when I sent them an e-mail. The response was you have to order new ones each time.The bands still show as active so I will continue with our plans to just take them with us and see what happens.