1st Time / Renting RV / Renting Golf Cart

Hi Everyone,

This website is such an awesome site! Thank you all for helping out. This is my first trip and taste of RV'ing. I plan on renting a class A (30ft) from cruise america and plan on staying at FW. I'm overwhelmed with loop recommendation etc. Still lost there. But my question is how much typically does it cost to rent a golf cart at FW? I saw on another post that renting from outside FW might be going away, did it? or can you still rent from a outside source?

Finally, I don't want to ask which loop would you recommend etc, but is loop 200 decent for a first timer? I just want a little bit of privacy etc.

Thank you all!

Blessings,

Dan

Just wanted to say welcome.

Unfortunately I cant help with the golf cart info as we have always brought our own or rwnted from the Fort (expensive) and have never stayed in the 200 loop. Some one will be along soon im sure with infor to help you out.

Just remember you can always ask a fellow camper for help if you need it, backing in remembering how to hook something up, so on. Most are very helpful.

First of all, WELCOME!!!! And congrats on deciding to try RVing. Where are you driving from? A cheaper option might be to rent from one of the companies that will actually set the camper up at the Fort for you. Of course, then you miss out on the experience of traveling in it. 

With the crack down, it's best not to discuss the details of outside golf carts in the regular forum. I'd call the company and ask them for specifics. 

Welcome!

We've got a bunch of info that might help you choose between sites/loops, including videos of all loops, a Google earth overview and the Fort Fiends mobile app that includes photos and specs on all sites, on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

I agree with Kelly about not getting into too much detail about off-site cart rental operations here, as we know the Mouse is watching.  8)

Disney officially no longer allows off-site cart rentals to be delivered/picked up on property, and has been cracking down on this for a while now.  They do appear (for now at least) to be willing to work with some vendors, as long as they follow the rules as they currently exist.  Best bet is to call the vendor you're interested in renting from and discuss what all is involved in getting a cart from them, as it may vary from one to the next, and the situation still doesn't seem to be set in stone.

Oh and forgot to mention... current cost to rent a cart from Disney is $59 plus tax for 4 person, $79 plus tax for 6 person. 6 person carts are first come, first serve, and cannot be reserved in advance.

More golf cart rental info here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/golf-cart-rentals-disney-fort-wilderness-and-r100

First of all welcome.

We rented from a local guy who set up the RV for us at our site. And it was a lot cheaper than renting for Cruise America. I'm sure they are a good company but there are cheaper options. The person we rented from included his golf cart with the RV rental which made it even more economical. If you'd like more info on the RV rental we used please PM me.

Great info so far! Im coming up from Ft Lauderdale so not far at all. I'll be picking up the RV right from Kissimmee so mileage won't be an issue plus I get to take our mini-van with all of our stuff etc. 

Sounds like you're not renting the RV, for the experience of the drive, so I agree with other Fiends... renting from someone who sets it up for you is the way to go!  We did this and LOVED it.  With this option, you could drive your van to the Fort... then you'd also have it there to drive to the parks (if you wanted) or Walmart if you needed to make a run.

Welcome!! :)

Great info so far! Im coming up from Ft Lauderdale so not far at all. I'll be picking up the RV right from Kissimmee so mileage won't be an issue plus I get to take our mini-van with all of our stuff etc. 

I am also in the Fort Lauderdale area. I had a travel trailer for a few years. Found that it was not as convenient to just go up when I wanted too. Also was restricted by the number of passengers I could fit in the truck. In November I rented from Cruise America behind the airport and we drove up in a class C. Came home, traded in the TT and now have a Class A.

Have been out with it almost every weekend since. Back to the Fort twice already.. Be Careful, you will become addicted.