• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The official policy is that you aren't supposed to park at another resort to go to a park.  There are times of the year when they are strict about this, and will only allow guests registered at that r

TCD is referencing Josh... my work here is done! 

I have both of those items. They're only included in the deluxe package, however. 

Sounds like the potential for a new site sponsor. Short term rentals on short kids to get swap passes.

And we have AP! That's right... just put us up at the Fort, and you can borrow my short kid all day! I can get him to slouch for the 44 inch rides and cry at the suggestion of the 40 inch rides. As an added bonus, you can even hike him up on your shoulders to block you enemy's view of parades and shows! 

And we have AP! That's right... just put us up at the Fort, and you can borrow my short kid all day! I can get him to slouch for the 44 inch rides and cry at the suggestion of the 40 inch rides. As an added bonus, you can even hike him up on your shoulders to block you enemy's view of parades and shows! 

Just a couple of suggestion:  include a giant stroller and an iPad for the kid to hold while up on shoulders in the deal, and you'll be rolling in the dough.

TCD

Just a couple of suggestion:  include a giant stroller and an iPad for the kid to hold while up on shoulders in the deal, and you'll be rolling in the dough.

TCD

I have both of those items. They're only included in the deluxe package, however. 

Another question.  If I want to get to MK by rope drop and I plan to leave an hour ahead of time for travel issues should I leave camp at 6am?  I figure that puts me at MK by 7am. If they open the ticket and bag check area at 7:20am then we are there and ready.  What time do they usually start letting people through the tunnels?

You are are so funny. I have an abundance of littles I can offer. Okay so I think I get the swap thing but is there a place where I can find the exact number of people who can swap?

The official Disney World Website has detailed information about the Rider Switch Service:  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

What actually happens at the parks varies greatly from Disney has on its own website.  From what I've seen, when you qualify for Rider Switch, they give you a paper pass that is good for up to three guests to use at any time through the end of that calendar month.  I'm not sure what happens if you have a large party and if you asked for two passes.  The passes they hand out are inconsistent with the information published on the website in the first place.

Another question.  If I want to get to MK by rope drop and I plan to leave an hour ahead of time for travel issues should I leave camp at 6am?  I figure that puts me at MK by 7am. If they open the ticket and bag check area at 7:20am then we are there and ready.  What time do they usually start letting people through the tunnels?

Lately, nobody goes through the tunnels until the official park opening time.  Maybe a few minutes early, but that's it.  The only exception if for guests with early dining reservations or BBB reservations.

What time do settlement buses start running? How about boats to the Contem.?

The internal buses begin running at 6:30 am, but they run very inconsistently at that hour. 

The boat times are posted at the marina- the resort boats begin running at 6:45 am:

Image2769.jpg

Image2770.jpg

TCD

Ok I'm adding this thread as a perfect example of one of the reasons I love Fort Fiends...

Thanks to you all, someone will plan a trip to WDW with realistic expectations, and armed with a TON of really great information to help plan and get the most out of their trip - even with FP+ and all the other changes that have taken place in recent years.

You have even managed to calm her concerns and encouraged her not to worry, because it IS still possible to have a terrific time at WDW.

:bravo:

The official Disney World Website has detailed information about the Rider Switch Service:  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

What actually happens at the parks varies greatly from Disney has on its own website.  From what I've seen, when you qualify for Rider Switch, they give you a paper pass that is good for up to three guests to use at any time through the end of that calendar month.  I'm not sure what happens if you have a large party and if you asked for two passes.  The passes they hand out are inconsistent with the information published on the website in the first place.

Lately, nobody goes through the tunnels until the official park opening time.  Maybe a few minutes early, but that's it.  The only exception if for guests with early dining reservations or BBB reservations.

The internal buses begin running at 6:30 am, but they run very inconsistently at that hour. 

The boat times are posted at the marina- the resort boats begin running at 6:45 am:

Image2769.jpg

Image2770.jpg

TCD

Good to know. Now I can sleep just a hair longer, not that I will but I could. 

Ok I'm adding this thread as a perfect example of one of the reasons I love Fort Fiends...

Thanks to you all, someone will plan a trip to WDW with realistic expectations, and armed with a TON of really great information to help plan and get the most out of their trip - even with FP+ and all the other changes that have taken place in recent years.

You have even managed to calm her concerns and encouraged her not to worry, because it IS still possible to have a terrific time at WDW.

:bravo:

Exactly Mo!  I knew after finding FF I had found family.  Someone always has an answer, photo or even map. I 100% agree with your 25,000 post about why you love FF.  

Question number the next.

What are the best apps to have while touring the parks?

TCD I like your idea of taking pictures of you FP and ADR. Any other little tips like that?

Someone else will have to answer about the apps, as I haven't found any worth messing with.

I will tell you that the My Disney Experience App is a huge pain in the butt, and I avoid it like the plague.

TCD

I have no experiences with apps, other than the free one on my tablet that tells how many days until the next time I will be at WDW, Lord willing. (81 days!)

As far as when to leave the campsite, for a 9:00am opening, we left the campsite about 7:15am.  Not sure what time that got us to MK (using the resort boat and walking from the Contemporary boat dock to MK gates), but we were close to the front of the line to get into MK.  In fact, we were so far forward, we could only see part of the opening show by leaning back and craning our necks.

BTW, there is a restroom on the far left outside the gates to Epcot and MK.  We took turns visiting rest rooms after finished eating our breakfast while waiting for rope drop.

I'm a fan of the Lines app from Touring Plans - it's free with an annual subscription.

http://touringplans.com/disney-world-app

I've found their wait times to be pretty accurate, and since it's pretty much all text, it loads fast and doesn't drain your battery.

That said, I also have the menu section of the AllEars website bookmarked in my browser.  While you have to check the dates to make sure they're current, it's a good resource.  And again, text based so quick to load, easy to use and no battery drain.

http://allears.net/dining/menu

Someone else will have to answer about the apps, as I haven't found any worth messing with.

I will tell you that the My Disney Experience App is a huge pain in the butt, and I avoid it like the plague.

TCD

Yup I have already figured that one out. FAIL

I have no experiences with apps, other than the free one on my tablet that tells how many days until the next time I will be at WDW, Lord willing. (81 days!)

As far as when to leave the campsite, for a 9:00am opening, we left the campsite about 7:15am.  Not sure what time that got us to MK (using the resort boat and walking from the Contemporary boat dock to MK gates), but we were close to the front of the line to get into MK.  In fact, we were so far forward, we could only see part of the opening show by leaning back and craning our necks.

BTW, there is a restroom on the far left outside the gates to Epcot and MK.  We took turns visiting rest rooms after finished eating our breakfast while waiting for rope drop.

Awesome

TCD I noted your directional change