J&D Campground/Knoebels/Elysburg, PA.

1 mile down the road from Knoebels.

There is no tent camping here. Nice and green, lots of grass, we will camp here again. This is the nicest camp ground in the area.

No need to worry about bringing food. Knoebels is rated #1 for food and it is very affordable.  Cheeseburger on a hard roll with lettuce, tomato, and onion, $2.50.  Pickles on a stick for a dollar. We LOVE this place.

Picture9109033.jpg

Picture9109034.jpg

NO, I'm not showing off my balding head or my hitching skills, just some more of the campground between the TV and Trailer.

Picture9109056.jpg

Picture9109040.jpg

http://www.jdcampground.com/

http://www.knoebels.com/

(Golden Ticket Awards)

http://www.amusementtoday.com/corndo...rkAndRide.html

J&D is a great campground the best to use for Knoebles plus it's great to walk across the street at night to the ice cream stand. All the sites are level full hook up plus cable some are close to a large pavillion incase you have a large group just make sure you don't park on the grass or put your outdoor mat on the grass that's a BIG NO NO :D

I've got to try this place sometime as well.  We've talked about it for about 3 years now.  Not sure about this year though, lots of scout trips, a vacation in Maine with family, etc.

Maybe I just need to put it on the calendar for 2012 - probably in the fall when the colors are out?  This year we have a weekend in the white mountains planned again.

We will be there for the Covered Bridge Festival in Oct. think large craft fair. We were there last year for a 3 day weekend the same time and got to go out to dinner with the owners Dick Konoble and his 2 sons, it was a great night and learned alot about the place, can not wait for this year to see them again. We might have to plan a trip there during the summer to see the park in full operation.

Who knows that might be a great palce for a Grand Gathering for folks who can not make the Fort all the time, J&D would be a great spot to camp as they have the large pavillion behind some of the sites.

If anyone is camping at J&D this year, look across the creek that runs past the campground.  If you see a single campground on the other side of the creek, my cousins rent the space from the farmer who owns the property.  We camped at that spot back in the mid 60's.  I was born in Shamokin, Pa and still have alot of family members still there.  Would love a GG at J&D and Knoebels, It's a great family amusement park with wonderful food and great prices.

• 3 years later...

This is so great!  Found out yesterday that the hubs could take Friday off.  On top of the fact that we found out our oldest son's marching band isn't going to Friday night's game.

SOOO…..I have been online off and on all day trying to book a last minute camping trip since we found ourselves with an extra day on a long weekend!

A googling I go to check out CG's near Knoebels here in PA…..found J & D, looked for images to check out……3rd image in came from none other than Fort fiends dot net!!  Hip Hip!  I was like, well why didn't I just check there in the first place?!?!?  Who needs Woodall's??

Cross your fingers we get in……...

No luck with J & D…so not going to Knoebels this time around.  Ended up in the Poconos at a place called Silver Valley.  Not close enough to go to Knoebels but it was the next one that had a spot, and had full hook ups.

Plans include rafting on the Lehigh river for the dam release on Sat., maybe - a big MAYBE - Dorney Park, depending on timing and weather.  Otherwise just chilling and enjoying the beautiful weather that is in the forecast before school starts this week and everything hits the fan, leaving no time for camping in the near future.  

Beckers I will check out that CG you mentioned for a future visit.  There are so, so many here in PA!  

I'm in Bucks County….NE of Philly.  Unfortunately, I have 2 teenagers with schedules that keep us from doing much camping during the school year any more.  Well that plus our district doesn't do a lot of long weekends like we had back in FL…..(BOO)!

But I'd be up for lunch or something some time if it wasn't too far away.

Any of you going to the Hershey RV show?

Love Knoebels, never camped there. This place is on the bucket list for sure now.

We will be at the Hershey show, camping at Pa Dutch then, also going to try to meet up with ceemike..Mike & Judy there on what they called old geezer day :rofl2:. But I usually get the multi day pass to go more then once and see some seminars also.

We will be at the Hershey show, camping at Pa Dutch then, also going to try to meet up with ceemike..Mike & Judy there on what they called old geezer day :rofl2:. But I usually get the multi day pass to go more then once and see some seminars also.

Not sure if I qualify for old geezer day just yet…but may try to get over for a day trip just to grab some freebies and CG discounts.

What seminars do you sit in on?

Not sure if I qualify for old geezer day just yet…but may try to get over for a day trip just to grab some freebies and CG discounts.

What seminars do you sit in on?

It really depends what ones are offered but things like electrical, workcamping and such. Do you still have my cell# if so give me a call if you go.

Continuing this hijack... What do you think of PA Dutch? I asked about it on the "good/bad/ugly Thousand Trails" Facebook group and it got a lot of thumbs down- especially saying it is not big rig friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I qualify for old geezer day just yet…

Geezer Day is for Seniors 55 + who get a 50% discount on admission. They don't card you either.  :rofl3: Or maybe I just look like a geezer.  :rofl2: