All great feedback and things I would have never thought of or would know. Rust should not be an issue where we live, but may camp some at the beach so will look at Club Car as the better option for the aluminum frame. 

If we buy we will use it whenever we can camping which is a couple times per month. 

We looked at renting, but over the course of 1 - 2 years we would spend far more in the rental cost vs. purchasing one. 

As for transporting our goal is to upgrade to a toy hauler in the future so that will not be an issue.

Our ez go is a 48volt cart. It has 6-8 volt batteries it has a voltage reducer.

Every ez go I've seen from a golf course has a governor on it to make it go slower and further. You can remove the governor fairly easily. So it will go faster. Our electric actually has a switch so you can go slower and further.

I wouldn't worry about battery corrosion of your frame. But I would check for corrosion. Especially of your buying one that came from a coastal area.

I must respectfully disagree about batteries come down to how well they're maintained and how much they are used. Yes a battery that is properly maintained and used less will last longer but there is a big difference in the quality of batteries. Ask anyone who owns a golf course.

If a person is only going to use a cart camping a couple of times a year, it is cheaper to rent one instead of buying and maintaining one. Carts are not cheap to own and also you have to transport it. But that is another issue. 

And I must respectfully disagree with this.  An electric cart is cheap to own once you've paid for it.  We broke even on our first cart within two years.  We kept that cart until it was 20 years old and sold it for roughly half what we paid for it.

Then in 2010 we bought a new 2011 Club Car, intending for it to last for the rest of our years of camping.  We've broken even it on it too.

But the key is not how many times a year you use it.  It's how long your trips are.  We take only 2+ week trips.  Our next trip to the fort will be for a month.  At that rate it doesn't take long to break even. 

We also use the cart around the house and in the neighborhood.

Be the biggest hit at the Fort. We are parting with a member of our family...Herbie. We had him for 7 years now. A lot of hard work and dollars went into building him. Unfortunately our kids are starting to outgrow the custom seat we built on the back. Before I tear him down and rebuild him with a full size back seat, I want to shop him to see if anyone would be interested. I am buying new batteries this Saturday since we have a week fort trip coming up in 2 weeks. PM me if anyone is interested

1187d80b2810c81ed12de2daf9fa4da3.jpg

BTW... I can give you the info about where we bought our cart. I shopped SEVERAL Georgia dealers and stalked Craigslist for months before we bought. I think the place we bought from has the best deals in the area.

I also like the guy. Our cart came with a bit of a warranty, and our charger went bad after that time frame. He replaced it at no charge any way. 

BTW... I can give you the info about where we bought our cart. I shopped SEVERAL Georgia dealers and stalked Craigslist for months before we bought. I think the place we bought from has the best deals in the area.

I also like the guy. Our cart came with a bit of a warranty, and our charger went bad after that time frame. He replaced it at no charge any way. 

Please send me the information.  I greatly appreciate it.

Be the biggest hit at the Fort. We are parting with a member of our family...Herbie. We had him for 7 years now. A lot of hard work and dollars went into building him. Unfortunately our kids are starting to outgrow the custom seat we built on the back. Before I tear him down and rebuild him with a full size back seat, I want to shop him to see if anyone would be interested. I am buying new batteries this Saturday since we have a week fort trip coming up in 2 weeks. PM me if anyone is interested

1187d80b2810c81ed12de2daf9fa4da3.jpg

Oh my gosh... I love this!  How cute :)

Another thing to think about/look at when getting a cart is the motor, controler, and voltage. Most standard golf course carts are slow and replacing motors and controllers to get them up to higher speeds can be costly. For example our standard cart that came from a course runs about 10-11 mph our other cart runs at about 17mph, in Fl if you want to make it street legel it has to run over 20 and under 25. When I looked into uprgrading our standard cart it was going to be about 2000.00 for everything needed to get it up to speed.

A cart with good batteries, body, frame, and motor can be a lot of fun to add things to and customize how you want it.

We have a 97 club car we bought to use at our campground on the Blueridge Parkway.  We took it to FW with us last time.  No modifications have been done to it except I repainted it and re-upholstered it myself.  Drive train is all original and at FW we were probably one of the slower carts.  I did manage to hit 13 mph where the radar zone is.  Most carts passed us.  That was not a problem for us because we were never in that big of a hurry anyway.  The only expense we have spent on it has been batteries.  I don't count spending money on paint and upholstery because that was optional.

Zane

Ken,

Since our gc is an older buggy I decided to go the diy route.  I considered getting a pro job but that was going to be way too expensive for me.  I took off everything on the body bolted on I could.  I went to Walmart and got some sandpaper and I chose Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. Took about 2 or 3 afternoons.  I also used black sprayon bedliner in spray cans for the roof supports and backseat rails.  I think I got that at Lowes or Homedepot.

It's no Herbie like in the above posts but for $70.00 it satisfied me.  I bought the seat upholstery online.

post-3023-0-86742600-1425845248_thumb.jp

Ken,

Since our gc is an older buggy I decided to go the diy route.  I considered getting a pro job but that was going to be way too expensive for me.  I took off everything on the body bolted on I could.  I went to Walmart and got some sandpaper and I chose Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. Took about 2 or 3 afternoons.  I also used black sprayon bedliner in spray cans for the roof supports and backseat rails.  I think I got that at Lowes or Homedepot.

It's no Herbie like in the above posts but for $70.00 it satisfied me.  I bought the seat upholstery online.

I think it looks great, $70 well spent.

Spray paints have come alng way in the past few years. The only problem, it's still spay paint. If your not anal like me and don't mind touching it up when you get scratches, spray paint is an economical way to go. I'm too much of a perfectionist

You can also get automotive clear coat at auto parts stores and probably walmart. We used a primer and spray paint for fiberglass then some craft paint, and finished off with the clearcoat/topcoat. The craft paint did fade some ( neon colors and glow in the dark splash painted on) however the rest of it held up great against scrathes and such.

I've used Plastidip on car parts. The trick is several thin coats built up to a thicker coat. That way when you want to peel, it will peel easily. Getting a thin layer off can be quite a chore. Ask me how I know. It is fun to play with and more colors seem to be available all the time. They have gloss, semi-gloss and mat clears now as well.