Shellie May- Duffy's Japanese friend

My daughter has been sucked in by Duffy. Back at Christmas, she found someone with a bag or shirt that was like Duffy, but a girl bear. Turns out that girl bear's name is Shellie May and he's Duffy's boo. And, they are only available in Disney World Sea in Tokyo.

This past trip, we did 2 days in Epcot and failed to see Duffy. In my daughter's exhaustion, she broke down in tears when she found out we missed him by minutes. I told her we would order a Shellie May from eBay when we got home.

The first thing she did when we got home was found the Shellie May link that she saved. The price was better than others I had found, so I ordered it Wednesday 2/25. It arrived today (right in the middle of the expected shipping range). A little less than a week from Japan; color me impressed!

It could have been packed a bit more securely, but it came through safe and sound so I really can't complain.

b72569efe6574275a2faec8333a95138.jpg791c0177cf4926ba52ca78dd4c075936.jpg8a607a70823058595dcdb4765263a1df.jpg392736fc2b01628fdd44338854a0ec14.jpg222e8bcd8e86b92973589c39d0450b02.jpg3f6ce9f17e64a487a57fa70163b216d6.jpg

Now, can anyone translate this?

b7bdc6f86b845d5c2b449e2406be24cf.jpg3912e30c5d4c442189f1424f6daa5b92.jpg

Aw... Shellie May is cute and I'm glad your daughter is happy.

I know Duffy is HUGE in Japan, so I'm not surprised he has a friend. :)

Apparently there is a cat now, too. And daughter found (and wants) the tsum things.

Nice going there, Dad.

The TCD twins love Shellie May too.  They always notice when there are foreign visitors at WDW with Shellie May gear.

They know better than to ask me to buy and of the Shellie May stuff on eBay. 

TCD

Ha! I am a pushover sometimes. I bought her the Duffy pillowpet because she batted her pretty eyes at me last summer. I claim to be a hard-butt, but really... JUST DON'T TELL HER!

Would you happen to have the link??? Please.......

Best Regards,

Norm

This is from the same seller. I did do a little bit of research- apparently folks are selling counterfit knock offs. As far as I could tell from the listing, this one appeared to be legitimate. And having it in my hands, it really seems legitimate. In addition, the seller included the bag from the Disney store over there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shellie-May-Tokyo-Disney-Sea-Limited-Authentic-Bear-Plush-Toy-17-inch-Duffy-NWT-/141589946630?

I love this and I love these moments when as a parent, we can make it better for our kids when they are sad. Good work.

She's adorable!! How in the world can we not get her here?!

It was nice. The whole story is that we had dinner at Biergarten at like 5:15. We were in line for Duffy on the way to dinner, but they had to switch him out and we didn't want to take the extra 3-4 minutes as we were running a tad behind for dinner (and my wife is spastic about that sort of thing). We never expected that by the time we got seated and done with dinner that it would be after 7pm. We came out at like 7:02pm and my daughter was crushed. When we left the line before dinner, the cast member mentioned that Duffy was out until 7:15 (even though the sign said 7). The agreement with my daughter was we'd haul tush to make it from Germany to the entrance of the World Showcase BUT if Duffy wasn't there, I'd buy Shellie May. That calmed her and we took off like a flash (including me pushing my mother-in-law in a wheelchair!). Duffy wasn't there and I bought an expensive bear. :) Daughter was happy and OK that Duffy wasn't there.

Thank you, appreciate it. My one daughter loves Duffy too.

Best Regards,

Norm

You're very welcome. Per the tag, these run about $38 USD over there. I paid $49 and then 15 for shipping. I figure $15 for 1-week shipping is likely close to their actual cost. So this person made $11 or so profit on my sale. I'm good with that. :-)

The Shellie May I first saw was at Epcot.  A girl had just returned from Tokyo where they purchase her.  Is she the 17 inch with blue eyes?

Yes, blue eyes and 17" doll.

Checked with my friend, but she's not able to translate Japanese. So sorry, but I'll keep checking. Just a thought, if any fiends are at Epcot, I'm sure someone at the Japanese Pavillion could translate.

That's a great idea! We're headed back to Disney and Epcot this summer. I'll make sure my daughter doesn't loose the booklet!

Oh and my comment got lost due to the dang app. Can anyone (or does anyone know someone who can) translate the little booklet?

I have some friends with Japan connections on Facebook. I through this out there to see if anyone can help. I only shared cropped pictures of the text to translate. if you mind I will take it right down Doug

And just like that we have an answer thanks to Whip, a Fiend who I dont think you have met yet. 

http://supermerlion.com/duffy-the-disney-bear/

P1. Minnie makes a friend for Duffy. “It is completed!”.
P2. Duffy is embarrassed to received Minnie’s present.
P3. In front of him he meets a cute female friend.
P4. She had a charming shell pendant in the shape of a heart. “Nice to meet you Shellie May!”.

I found this:

http://supermerlion.com/duffy-the-disney-bear/

Shellie May origins:
P1. Minnie makes a friend for Duffy. “It is completed!”.
P2. Duffy is embarrassed to received Minnie’s present.
P3. In front of him he meets a cute female friend.
P4. She had a charming shell pendant in the shape of a heart. “Nice to meet you Shellie May!”.

Down the page there is a translation for her card.

Best Regards,

Norm