I know it's a little late to be attempting a July 4 ADR to see the fireworks from dinner; but I thought I'd ask.

I know the California Grill has great views- but I can't get an ADR and honestly can't imagine how crowded it would be.

I know of 'Ohanas.

Other restaurants where you can possibly have a few of fireworks if you time it right? Barring that, we could always do a resort dinner and watch fireworks afterwards.

Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian

Rose & Crown at Epcot

The Mexican place on the water at Epcot

Ok, I officially have reservations on the books for all of these. :)

Crystal Palace?  it's a character dinner but many tables have a great castle view.

I don't think I could manage both seeing fireworks and characters. Though, neither of my kids at big Winny the Pooh fans. Wife is, though...

Spice Road Table in the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot is right on the water.  (and delicious)

We ate at one of the Moroccan places the last time that we were there. I don't recall windows- so I think it may not be the same place. We are kind of food sissies- so we'll see.

The plaza.

I like this one for the whole family. And it is budget friendly!

You could do CG early and go back later for the fireworks. If you get an early ADR.

I don't think I realized that until DaveInTN was proclaiming how great Disney was in his "totally a trip report" trip report.

We ate at one of the Moroccan places the last time that we were there. I don't recall windows- so I think it may not be the same place. We are kind of food sissies- so we'll see.

The new place just opened last year along the water...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/spice-road-table/

Some food pics I took in November...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/14387-spice-road-table-epcot/

Narcoosee's is the best I've seen so far.

That would get my vote - for the view, atmosphere and the food.  Especially now that they put the Crispy Whole Snapper back on the menu.  Best. Fish. EVAH.

I just hope it's still there when I get back this fall.

And I have never eaten there! Ok, I haven't eaten at too many places.

It's pretty pricy, but very good. To eat less expensive, you could order several apps.

I talk about it in my April 2013 TR if you want to check that out. We went on our anniversary.

And just because I wanted to look at this photo again, this was the last time they had the Crispy Whole Snapper on the menu...

5213492540_fbe7a54c6c_z.jpg

Not sure if it's the same this time around but the description sounds very similar.

It's not a dish for the feint of heart, but if you like Snapper, or just amazingly well-prepared fish, it's amazing.

And I admit I had fun freaking DH out by facing the fish at him while I ate it.  :rofl2:

We are possibly sneaking away to Disney for Memorial Day WITHOUT KIDS! I won't lie- I've made ADRs for each night and a couple of lunches, too. Still have not decided on a place to stay or how we are getting there, though!

And I say that because we want to splurge a little on nicer placed before our summer of Disney with the kids.

And just because I wanted to look at this photo again, this was the last time they had the Crispy Whole Snapper on the menu...

Not sure if it's the same this time around but the description sounds very similar.

It's not a dish for the feint of heart, but if you like Snapper, or just amazingly well-prepared fish, it's amazing.

And I admit I had fun freaking DH out by facing the fish at him while I ate it.  :rofl2:

So.. what's etiquette on what you do and don't eat? I've never had fish served whole.

We are possibly sneaking away to Disney for Memorial Day WITHOUT KIDS! I won't lie- I've made ADRs for each night and a couple of lunches, too. Still have not decided on a place to stay or how we are getting there, though!And I say that because we want to splurge a little on nicer placed before our summer of Disney with the kids.

Fun!!!! Do Narcoosee's or CG?

So.. what's etiquette on what you do and don't eat? I've never had fish served whole.

Just dive in - anything you can pick off is fair game.  The meaty parts actually flaked off pretty easily.

Even the tail is delicious when it's fried and crispy.  :)

don't they do the same Fireworks on July 3?

Yes they do.

We are possibly sneaking away to Disney for Memorial Day WITHOUT KIDS! I won't lie- I've made ADRs for each night and a couple of lunches, too. Still have not decided on a place to stay or how we are getting there, though!And I say that because we want to splurge a little on nicer placed before our summer of Disney with the kids.
Fun!!!! Do Narcoosee's or CG?

Yes!

Right now, our line up is:

- Thurs, Narcolssee's at 9:10pm w/ Wishes at 10

- Fri, Cape May Cafe

- Sat, Fulton Crab House

- Sun, California Grill at 5:50pm, but we'll go back for Wishes

Other than that, we have a reservation for Beaches and Cream one lunch. And that's likely all I'll make reservations. Unless I do Crystal Palace for lunch as my wife is a life long Pooh fan. I remember going there on our honeymoon. Isn't there a planning thread? I could share my spreadsheets for cost comparisons and itinerary.