A weekend park report.

Past weekend we visited DW. Eventually there were going to be my wife and myself, then my 3 adult daughters, adult son, 2 granddaughters and 2 in-laws. In the beginning we were scattered due to delayed flights, airport pickups, and drives over from Tampa. Wife, myself and 1 GD started at AK on the safari ride. Driver was good, she had some good stories and jokes, but the ride itself wasn't any different than the last time we went on it about 5 years ago. After that we wandered over to Dino.and and met up with the kids and other granddaughter. They all went on primal swirl and the dino dumbo type ride. After a few got on Everest. Then we made the mistake of heading over to the MK. We parked in the lot got on the tram, then waited for a safety walk thru. Finally made it to the monorail for a fun filled packed ride to the MK.

Got some fast passes, then headed to Country Bear. A few of us went in the others went to the Pirates for standby. They waited a 1/2 hour and they shut it down due to a breakdown. When we came out of the bears they were roping off the street for the Electric Parade. So we waited and waited and waited. The monorail recording said the parade was at 8 and 10 with fireworks at 9. Finally I looked at the schedule and the parade wasn't until 9 and 11. We gave up ,fought the crowds and headed to our Buzz FP... Which said was good from 8:55 to 10:55 a 2 hour window?

The ride broke down, but where I sat I was able to rack up 160000 point before it restarted. I ended up with 297400 points.

After that we bailed with the the 2 grand kids and went back to our hotel the Caribe Royale. Nice place, wish we had spent more time there.

I didn't realize how long it took to leave the MK and get to your car.

Sunday kids and grand kids went to HS, we hung around the hotel then headed to Epcot. Walked around the countries then met up,with everyone else. Got some food, went on Spaceship Earth as a standby, did the butterfly garden and the weird cokes. Looked at the flowers, and one GD did the Phineas and Ferb spy game in England.

We had a decent time, but the MK was a zoo. I don't think I'll go there again after it gets dark. People are too pushy, you can't see, and they clog the walkways hours before the parades and fireworks start. I've seen a mass panic mob scene better organized.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this stuff. My wife had her hand stepped on 3 times by the same 2 girls playing outside of the Bears. When she finally yelled at the kids (after telling them twice to please be careful) the mother said to the kids did she say something to you 3 times? Never had the kids apologize nor did she say she was sorry for their behavior.

Past weekend we visited DW. Eventually there were going to be my wife and myself, then my 3 adult daughters, adult son, 2 granddaughters and 2 in-laws. In the beginning we were scattered due to delayed flights, airport pickups, and drives over from Tampa. Wife, myself and 1 GD started at AK on the safari ride. Driver was good, she had some good stories and jokes, but the ride itself wasn't any different than the last time we went on it about 5 years ago. After that we wandered over to Dino.and and met up with the kids and other granddaughter. They all went on primal swirl and the dino dumbo type ride. After a few got on Everest. Then we made the mistake of heading over to the MK. We parked in the lot got on the tram, then waited for a safety walk thru. Finally made it to the monorail for a fun filled packed ride to the MK.

Got some fast passes, then headed to Country Bear. A few of us went in the others went to the Pirates for standby. They waited a 1/2 hour and they shut it down due to a breakdown. When we came out of the bears they were roping off the street for the Electric Parade. So we waited and waited and waited. The monorail recording said the parade was at 8 and 10 with fireworks at 9. Finally I looked at the schedule and the parade wasn't until 9 and 11. We gave up ,fought the crowds and headed to our Buzz FP... Which said was good from 8:55 to 10:55 a 2 hour window?

The ride broke down, but where I sat I was able to rack up 160000 point before it restarted. I ended up with 297400 points.

After that we bailed with the the 2 grand kids and went back to our hotel the Caribe Royale. Nice place, wish we had spent more time there.

I didn't realize how long it took to leave the MK and get to your car.

Sunday kids and grand kids went to HS, we hung around the hotel then headed to Epcot. Walked around the countries then met up,with everyone else. Got some food, went on Spaceship Earth as a standby, did the butterfly garden and the weird cokes. Looked at the flowers, and one GD did the Phineas and Ferb spy game in England.

We had a decent time, but the MK was a zoo. I don't think I'll go there again after it gets dark. People are too pushy, you can't see, and they clog the walkways hours before the parades and fireworks start. I've seen a mass panic mob scene better organized.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this stuff. My wife had her hand stepped on 3 times by the same 2 girls playing outside of the Bears. When she finally yelled at the kids (after telling them twice to please be careful) the mother said to the kids did she say something to you 3 times? Never had the kids apologize nor did she say she was sorry for their behavior.

I agree... it's really no fun, when the parks are full.  Sorry about the rude children AND the rude parents, that's really too bad  :(

Mark- I hate to break it to you, but if you think the MK was a zoo this weekend, you don't want to be anywhere near there when it's actually busy.  We popped in to the MK on Sunday evening, and found it to be not too bad compared to recent crowded conditions.

At least you had great weather.  We don't get enough days of temperatures in the 70's/low 80's and low humidity.

TCD

True, the weather was great Sunday. I've got a red face still. Saturday was a little on the crummy cool side. Long pants weather.

We were at the MK Saturday night.

Sunday at Epcot we were pleasantly surprised at the lack of heavy crowds. For the most part it wasn't bad getting around the countries, we hit a couple of areas that were crowded, and that was usually caused by large groups standing in the middle of the walkways chatting away oblivious to everyone around them.

We left before dark, so I'm sure it got more crowded near the fireworks time.

Sorry about the DB parents. That is becoming more and more prevalent.

Trophies and medals for everyone! Even the lazy kids who don't work hard/try hard and finish in last place! Hurray!

Those are the same kids who end up on American Idol all pissy and heartbroken bc their parents always told them how great they were even though they were tone deaf.