That's a good question.

We have been trying to catch up with all the Avenger movies in anticipation of the Avengers 2 movie being released, and we rented and watched Thor 2 recently.  There was a scene in there where it looked like Nick Fury was sitting at a table with a smoking cigarette or cigar nearby.

Would you believe that Disney actually has its smoking policy on its website?

Here it is:

Disney%20movies%20smoking%20policies_zps

It says right there on the site that the policy was last revised on March 20, 2012.  I assume that Iger is referring to making changes to these restrictions.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/citizenship/policies/smoking-movies

TCD

Ok, that makes sense. I interpreted "properties" to mean physical properties (parks) but further research shows that other articles used the word "movies." That prompted me to think I remembered Walt smoking in Saving Mr. Banks but I found this on Wikipedia: Although the filmmakers did not receive any creative interference from Disney regarding Walt Disney's depiction, the studio did request that they omit any onscreen inhalation of cigarettes[36] due to the company's policy of not directly depicting smoking in films released under the Walt Disney Pictures banner, and to avoid an R-rating from the Motion Picture Association of America.[37][38] Instead, Disney is shown extinguishing a lit cigarette in one scene, and his notorious smoker's cough is heard off-screen several times throughout the film. 

Yes, that makes more sense than DFA.

But, if it is Disney's Hollywood Adventure, it seems like a lot of fuss to change just one word in the name of the park.  I don't know why they can't leave it as DHS.

TCD

I don't know why they can't fix a piece of torn canvas either; best not ask questions of the geniuses at work.

• 4 weeks later...