Thanks to an adorable 6 year old at the shareholders meeting who caught Iger off guard, he just let it slip that there will be a forthcoming name change to Disney's Hollywood Studios.  The new name is still to be announced and he did not say when the name change would be taking place.

Thanks to an adorable 6 year old at the shareholders meeting who caught Iger off guard, he just let it slip that there will be a forthcoming name change to Disney's Hollywood Studios. The new name is still to be announced and he did not say when the name change would be taking place.

I told you what it was going to be called awhile ago......Disney's Florida Adventure.

I am a soothsayer.

It is a genius name and very original.

Let me do it.  

It needs to be repeatable by 5 year olds.

Well that got it mostly right.  I listened to it live and after he asked off mic if it had been announced yet, he did come back and confirm that it was happening, but that they weren't announcing what the name would be yet.

Um....you guys aren't listening. It is DFA. Done deal.

You might be right, but I think all of the southern California architecture incorporated in the park, including but not limited to the recently exposed Grauman's Chinese Theater, make the use of the word "Florida" in the name questionable.

I think the word Hollywood will stay in the name somehow.

TCD

From the "other announcements" section of that same article:   "Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that Disney would expand its policy against characters smoking across its properties, including Marvel. Exceptions would be made for historical characters."

I'm curious what characters smoke now and will have to stop. And which historical characters can still smoke. Any ideas?

From the "other announcements" section of that same article:   "Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that Disney would expand its policy against characters smoking across its properties, including Marvel. Exceptions would be made for historical characters."

I'm curious what characters smoke now and will have to stop. And which historical characters can still smoke. Any ideas?

That's a good question.

We have been trying to catch up with all the Avenger movies in anticipation of the Avengers 2 movie being released, and we rented and watched Thor 2 recently.  There was a scene in there where it looked like Nick Fury was sitting at a table with a smoking cigarette or cigar nearby.

Would you believe that Disney actually has its smoking policy on its website?

Here it is:

Disney%20movies%20smoking%20policies_zps

It says right there on the site that the policy was last revised on March 20, 2012.  I assume that Iger is referring to making changes to these restrictions.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/citizenship/policies/smoking-movies

TCD

You might be right, but I think all of the southern California architecture incorporated in the park, including but not limited to the recently exposed Grauman's Chinese Theater, make the use of the word "Florida" in the name questionable.

I think the word Hollywood will stay in the name somehow.

TCD

A friend of mine suggested Disney's Hollywood Adventure.