36' 2000 Winnebago Journey 275hp 5.9 Cummins w/Slide 89,000 miles

Well, you may have found a gem or junk depending on the last owner. First let's talk about that 5.9 cummins! You will have the most fuel efficient MH You will ever own. Mine gets 12 to 13 in my ram pulling the 5er, and I have read that they get 11 to 13 in a MH as long as you don't beat it up. The winnebago part is debatable, However, they are the only MH manufacturer that crash tested their units.

10 is way better than 6-7. I love my 5th wheel too, but I also would love for my wife to able to use the bathroom while we move instead of every 100 miles.

the bathroom is the big reason. Traffic jams from Texas to Florida seem to be getting worse every trip. I have lost count of how many times we have sat with out moving for a hour or more on I-10 in the past 3 years.

Don't post the thing about the bathroom over on rv.net or other forums.  You'll be called names for wanting to turn your wife and family members into moving projectiles. :popo:

You're right, there's always someone to rain on a parade!   ;)

IMHO if you are in traffic and doing 5-10 mph there's no issue w/ using the bathroom.    In fact one of the best things about having a motorhome is being able to switch drivers while stopped in traffic so that I can go.......   :D

No I love my truck. I actually will probably keep it longer then I normally do just because it won't be making the long vacation trips.

Have you looked at PPL's website? They usually have a pretty good selection. And they're in Houston and New Braunfels. I love to go and dream.

But they have a few Journeys for sale.

Have you looked at PPL's website? They usually have a pretty good selection. And they're in Houston and New Braunfels. I love to go and dream.

But they have a few Journeys for sale.

That's where we went yesterday. Right at closing time we found one we liked but after researching the unit it can't pull our jeep and cost more then I want to spend. So for now I will keep looking but from what I am seeing keeping my trailer is the best idea.

As good departed friend of mine was always fond of saying, "There will always be another". In his case it usually pertained to purchasing high end bass guitars but it is one of those philosophies that can be applied just about anywhere.

Yep there are so many to look at my head is spinning. I also priced tires for 22.5 rims for a motor home. That's painful.

Omg! I just looked up 22.5" tires. I'd need a part time job to afford those tires.

How long do they last?

That's what I was wondering. I thought I read a few year's ago that they were good for 10 year's but I haven't found that yet. So not sure.

Well I called a local tire dealer 6 tires mounted and balanced installed with tax. $3,789.40 And the man there says regardless of how few miles are on them replace them every 5 years. My trailer tires are only $450.00 every 5 years so that is a big price increase.

• 4 weeks later...

Rule of thumb is 7 years for MH tires, Michelin site says 10 years as long as they are dismounted off the rim and inspected from the inside, annually after the seventh year.  I have 22.5 tires on my MH and have replaced all of them once so far (2007 MH,DOT tire code 3406 on sidewalls, meaning manufactured the 34th week of 2006).  I chose to replace the tires rather than do the annual inspections, did the two fronts first then the rears next. 

FMCA has a program agreement with Michelin that gives members a discount on their tires.  Last year I replaced my four rear tires and received $50 off each tire.  :D

Biggest thing is to cover the tires when not in use. UV rays are not tire friendly and will cause damage like cracking in the sidewalls.  Michelin website has a wealth of information on their tires and maintenance.  The vast majority of MH tires will age out well before the tread wears out. 

Best Regards!