That was my old move but not with this dodge. Maybe I'll tie them up in a tree

I'm sorry... that might actually be a really good option, but for some reason... I had to chuckle when I read that.  I pictured a grown adult, trying to shimmy up a tree and started laughing  :lol:

Anyway, I'm guessing you meant something a bit more simplistic that actually physically climbing the tree but, it made me laugh :)

Hope you found some help or an easy solution!!

Is it that they don't have the blanks or that they just can't cut them? I was in a lot of camping stores lately in that area and I believe I saw blanks for camper keys in Camping Connection, if you can't find any give them a call.  They are on 192 almost to 27 on the left from Disney in Clermont, in case you didn't know.

We get most of our keys copied at Ace Hardware.  I don't know if there's one close to the Fort.

Edit:  Looks like the closest one:  South of WDW.

Ace Home and Supply Center

7848 W Irlo Bronson Hwy

Kissimmee, FL 34747

Ace Hardware the last of the real hardware store chains.

Everyone overlooks/forgets about them.

In the Popup world, the camper keys are almsot al lthe same.  Does your key have a # on the head? try calling local dealers and see if they have the lock number key in stock.

Also, Ace HW can make copies. They have to physicaly match the key because the number on the key is the lock number and not the normal key code.

No one has the blank, We're dealing with it by being very careful. Great trip so far though- and I must say the money here in late model rv's is astounding. I have a clean older truck and 5 er, but man its hard to look at those new ones- especially the ones with the keyless entry doors!

No one has the blank, We're dealing with it by being very careful. Great trip so far though- and I must say the money here in late model rv's is astounding. I have a clean older truck and 5 er, but man its hard to look at those new ones- especially the ones with the keyless entry doors!

If you do a google search for locksmiths in lake Buena vista, you get a lot of choices, but most seem to be mobile and not a storefront.

I went to one in Tampa and was able to get a spare made for my pop up.  It cost me $5 for 2 keys.

She had all kinds of odd blanks.

Can you get a local dealer to emergency order one for you from the manufacturer? I would think they use the same range of locks on all of their products so should have something in stock. Another option is to just buy a new lock set and might be faster than trying to locate  key blank.

Chances are the deal has the key instock but they would need to know the number on the key. Manafactures are cheep and will use the same lock for years on all of there products.

All the pre1997 Colemans used the 1101X key post 1996 use the 8025 Key. Most aftermarket / replacement compartment doors use the 751 key.

To give you a clue as to how few keys most of the RV industry uses, the old camp host at Big Medows in Shenandoah NP had a key ring that he claimed could unlock all but the wierd RVs and it fit in his pocket. On check in, he told you if you left your keys at home to come see him.