Cooking Gizmo Lovers Check This Out!

www.blackstoneproducts.com

patiooven.jpg

Made the mistake of going inside my local Lowes 2 nights ago while my wife was looking at plants outside.

I stumbled across this patio oven mixed in with the grills, and lo and behold it had one of the bright yellow markdown stickers on it.

It was still a hefty $174, but it was marked down from $299.  We went home and did some research.  These ovens will cook a fresh pizza in 3 to 5 minutes.  You can also cook meat, veggies, and baked goods in it.

The price range on them is anywhere from $350 to $450.  Every review we found on them was glowing ( we did find 1 so-so one).  People on 2 or 3 different pizza forums rave about them. They compare them to ones that cost over well $1000.

Kelly I think these people are more dedicated than Green Eggers

So the next day I called the store, found out that 3 weeks ago they were selling for $350 at the same store, last week they sold 2 boxed ones for $299, and marked down this one Monday morning.

I talked them into holding it for me until I got off work, so now I'm a proud owner of this patio oven.

So today I'm checking out sites for hints and tricks and I found a blog from March about how Lowes dropped these from their stock and were being cleared out.

One user found one for $139 and when he checked out it was $70.  Another said he checked some Lowes in NH and found one for $87.

So if you want a new toy and can find one at a Lowes you can probably get a good deal on a great cooker.

Hmm.. I may have to do a little checking!

In the meantime we need you to do some extensive research and of course share the results - if not in person, we at least expect some good pood forn.  B)

I used it tonight to make some store bought frozen pizzas.  They were ok.

Plan on making a trip to GFS this weekend to pick up some pizza dough balls and cheese.

One person made a Muffeleta Pizza that sounded really good.

I know this will sound like a certain fan of a red team, but my Big Green Egg does that too. Along with grilling the best steaks ever, and smoking the best pork ever. It's like three different devices in one.

Infomercial over.....you can now return to your regularly scheduled postings. 

I know this will sound like a certain fan of a red team, but my Big Green Egg does that too. Along with grilling the best steaks ever, and smoking the best pork ever. It's like three different devices in one.

I've heard that.

On the pizza forums (there's a forum for anything nowadays) a lot of them have eggs (green and those other ones) and they still prefer this oven or a similar more expensive oven for making the best pizzas.  They mainly like it for making a Neapolitan type which has a fluffy dough and char marks on the bottom and top.

I found some positive comments about this oven on a green egg forum also.

This will do meats, veggies and baked goods also, so it is versatile, maybe not as much as the egg.

They compare it to a wood burning pizza oven in how it produces the same great quality pie, but with a lot less effort.  That's why the preferred it over an egg also.

PS, if I hadn't found it on sale, I wouldn't have gotten it.

And if I could find an egg for the same price there would be one on my patio.

There's no way those people are as fanatical as Egg-heads.

You should see the posts about the aged cheese, special imported flour, the designer yeasts.....

Then they get started about their hand made ovens with imported stone from some little village in the Italian Mountains....

They argue about water temps, the type of water and on and on.

They sound just like Fiends talking about the best ride or the benefits of MB's.

Have you been on any of the Egg forums? Do those people have planned festivals all over the country?

Not yet, I don't think.

The company is doing a pizza fest at a grocery store near their office soon.

The pizza forum covers numerous brands and home made ovens so it's a wide variety of things going on.

But no matter what they are cooking their pizzas in, they sure are passionate about them.

I just joined the forum today to get hints and tips about the Blackstone.

I'm just trying to take in everything on those discussions.

Have you been on any of the Egg forums? Do those people have planned festivals all over the country?

Me thinks thou art a fan of the BGE. Lol.

Fan = Fanatic.

Fanatic = Fanaticism

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm.

Do you know anyone like this?

:rofl:

OK...what's a MB?

MB = Magic Band.

It's kind of like the Old "Key to the world" card they would give you when you checked in

When you book a resort, or campsite at Disneyworld they will send you a MB. It works as your room key, ticket for the parks and I you can use it to charge things to your room, and it stores your fast passes.

MB = Magic Band.

It's kind of like the Old "Key to the world" card they would give you when you checked in

When you book a resort, or campsite at Disneyworld they will send you a MB. It works as your room key, ticket for the parks and I you can use it to charge things to your room, and it stores your fast passes.

And can be a source of great frustration for many people.

.Ray, since you did so good on the Big Easy, I'm sure if you go check out Lowes they will probably pay you to take a couple off their hands!

Seems like the Sooner State has everything in stock.

Out of curiosity I checked the lowes closest to me and they didn't have any. I didn't try real hard to find one but I will next time. If I get a chance I'll check out some of the other lowes in town. Actually if you know the Lowes item number I can check online.

If like to have one. Especially for tonight. It's homemade pizza night.

Out of curiosity I checked the lowes closest to me and they didn't have any. If I get a chance I'll check out some of the other lowes in town. Actually if you know the Lowes item number I can check online.

If like to have one. Especially for tonight. It's homemade pizza night.

They no longer have them on line.

The clerk wanted me to pay for it online before he would hold it for me.

When we couldn't locate them, he relented and held it for me until I got there after work.

It's a model 1575, maybe you can call them (ha ha good luck) and ask for indoor gardening.

It's officially called a Blackstone Patio Oven

They no longer have them on line.

The clerk wanted me to pay for it online before he would hold it for me.

When we couldn't locate them, he relented and held it for me until I got there after work.

It's a model 1575, maybe you can call them (ha ha good luck) and ask for indoor gardening.

It's officially called a Blackstone Patio Oven

If you still have the box there will a 6-8 digit number. That's a Lowes item number. In store they can check all the lowes and tell us who might have one.

If you still have the box there will a 6-8 digit number. That's a Lowes item number. In store they can check all the lowes and tell us who might have one.

It was a floor model, and I pulled off the clearance sticker. It was one the oven where it would've melted.

But I still have the receipt and I'll check that for the number when I get home.