As noted, even those Premium sites required a longer stay. And if you're not aware yet, Disney is no longer allowing you to make a longer reservation to get availability and then trim that reservation down to just the days you want- if those days aren't shown as available, then you won't be able to change your reservation, even though you already have a reservation containing those days.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been quiet, but I have to point out that alliegant flies out of knoxville to Sanford nonstop for $191 round trip - so less than 400 for two and apply the extra $$ to said preferred site ? Lurkers

This one is directed at me, right?   This only reaffirms what I said earlier- something ain't right here.   There are no rude, inflammatory, accusatory or condescending posts on this thread.  And your

To say I find your post rude, inflammatory, and harshly accusatory would be an understatement. You have crossed the line with your accusations and rudeness. It is absurd for you to comment on finding

Not trying to be nasty, but the OP could not be bothered to shop around for a reasonable airfare but now cannot afford $15 a night to upgrade to Premium? Fishy. But hey, I don't have a dog in this fight...

No Shannon, you don't and from a seasoned person's point of view, it does look quite suspect.  I get it totally.  I also don't appreciate the fact she dragged us admins into this publicly.  The only reason she was contacted is that we received a report of an abuse of the pm system.  Beyond that, any extrapolation of he said/she said beyond that is preposterous.  Our board strives on self-moderation.  For the most part, most people play nice nice with each other and wear the big boy and big girl pants.  Every once in a while, they don't.  No one here is getting hands slapped.  We just want to remind everyone that there are always two sides of a story and the truth usually lies in the middle somewhere.  Where?  Hell if I know!

Not trying to be nasty, but the OP could not be bothered to shop around for a reasonable airfare but now cannot afford $15 a night to upgrade to Premium? Fishy. But hey, I don't have a dog in this fight... whatever.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do realize that she said that when she looked two days earlier there were no sites available at all. Not even premium. And that the dates TCD found were different then the ones she wanted. Why is it so hard to give people the benefit of the doubt.

And if you're not aware yet, Disney is no longer allowing you to make a longer reservation to get availability and then trim that reservation down to just the days you want- if those days aren't shown as available, then you won't be able to change your reservation, even though you already have a reservation containing those days.

What???  I'm going to focus on the part of this thread that most concerns me. I guess I missed this. So what is going to be the impact on making a reservation? More availability because people can't hold longer time periods and not cancel until the last minute?  I've only made a couple of reservations over the past 5 years (and haven't been since 11/13) but each time I've had to make one for more days and then reduce them to get the days I wanted.

Yes, this is a new thing that has come up. Jason has shed some light on this on another thread already unfortunately.

Thanks. After a lot of searching I found the thread under the Members/Community board. For some reason I only log in to look at the Members section every couple of days.  I was wondering why there wasn't much outcry about this here, but after reading the 5 pages of posts, I see the answers to my questions and that many others have similar thoughts.

Thanks. After a lot of searching I found the thread under the Members/Community board. For some reason I only log in to look at the Members section every couple of days.  I was wondering why there wasn't much outcry about this here, but after reading the 5 pages of posts, I see the answers to my questions and that many others have similar thoughts.

Boy, you miss a lot of fun and drama by just doing that! :lol: