DW are heading back to the fort in a few weeks and our AP'S have expired. We love going to the MK at night for a few hours at a time, and like to visit the other parks for a few hours during the day. We are looking at tickets and they are really expensive by the day compared to the AP'S. I'm not even sure what I'm asking here or maybe even venting but I wish they had like an after 8 ticket or something. If anyone has an idea to get a cheap 2 day pass or something I haven't overlooked (already did under cover tourist). Wasn't there a deal at the local walmarts for tix?

I'll add this reluctantly, we are within 4 days of our AP 30 days past anniversary date discount ending. I just know that if we buy a plain 2 day ticket, then say, go to AK for 4 hours ( that's about all we can take there) you just burned a ticket. I hope they read this and change the rules tomorrow!

A 2 day park hopper would work, but for 2 people, that's basically 1 annual pass. If we go next spring break, we'd easily break even.

I hope Dave Ramsey doesn't read this.

Ah, there's the conundrum. For us we would likely never get the use of an AP since we don't anticipate ever getting to WDW more often than once a year. In fact after our next trip it is unlikely we will get down there for couple of years so we can visit other places. Next year we want to try to get back up to the Boston area partially to re-shoot a bunch of lost pictures from our last trip 5 or 6 years ago (does time go that fast?) and to see some areas we didn't get to the last time around. If time allows we might even head up into Maine to see some places I haven't been to since I was kid.

I'll add this reluctantly, we are within 4 days of our AP 30 days past anniversary date discount ending. I just know that if we buy a plain 2 day ticket, then say, go to AK for 4 hours ( that's about all we can take there) you just burned a ticket. I hope they read this and change the rules tomorrow!

I will also add that they are VERY strict about that 30 day past anniversary discount.  I, for some stupid reason, got it in my head this year that it was 31.  So, on the 31st day, I went online to renew my AP.  Nope, nope nope.  I even called and begged, to several different people.  Nope nope nope.  I ended up renewing my AP a couple of months later when I went back and now have them for the summer season when I go often.  Don't let that window expire.  You will REALLY regret it.

I bought the darn passes today.  We said we were going to skip a year, but the place is so fun for my wife and I. 

O well, ill make up the money some how.

Yeah... if you know that you'll make 2 trips in 12 months, getting the AP really is the best way to go.  Enjoy your trip coming up!!