Top 10 places to take the kid(s) before they grow up.

How about 10 things to do with the kids before they grow up?  Not necessarily traveling.

Take/teach them how to fish

Take then kayaking

Enter a charity walkathon, teach them to help others

Volunteer, get involved in an environmental/community cause, hands across the sand, beach clean up day, habitat for humanity

Build and fly a kite

Frisbee

Hiking/biking

Plant a garden

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She was in a life jacket and on my boat before she was 2 months old Kayaking. Does rafting count? We are blessed that we can send our DD to a wonderful school that gets the kids involved in the comm

How about 10 things to do with the kids before they grow up? Not necessarily traveling.

Take/teach them how to fish

Take then kayaking

Enter a charity walkathon, teach them to help others

Volunteer, get involved in an environmental/community cause, hands across the sand, beach clean up day, habitat for humanity

Build and fly a kite

Frisbee

Hiking/biking

Plant a garden

She was in a life jacket and on my boat before she was 2 months old

Kayaking. Does rafting count?

We are blessed that we can send our DD to a wonderful school that gets the kids involved in the communities and with various charities.

Yesterday her class went to a nursing home, for the third or fourth time this year. They sing hymns and my DD played the piano for the residents. She loved it as much as the residents.

Kite. Check.

Biking. Check.

Plant a garden. Container garden. Check.

All are great suggestions.

Could you imagine what our country would be like if more fathers did just a few of these things.

One of our best family vacations was to Pennsylvania about 9 years ago. We spent the first few days in Hershey, PA which the kids really enjoyed. Then we spent the remainder in Mount Joy, PA. We stayed at a bed and breakfast, Rocky Acre Farm. The kids fed baby calves, went on hayrides, tractor rides, gathered eggs every morning, played with the kittens. Super family friendly and years later they still talk about it.

Rule #1 for all of these trips.

Lock up the electronics!

Either don't bring them along on the trip at all, or lock them in the car when you get out to sight see.

But maaaaa I need my phone to take pictures!  Give then a camera.

And depending on the drive, they might not be allowed inside of the car.

Wow junior look at those mountains.. Uh huh, whatever, oh I just got a text...