• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think model year 2006 was the last year for that 6.0 in trucks.  The vans weren't so lucky.

6.0 ford diesel was 03 to 07 6.4 diesel was 08 to 10. 6.7 ford diesel is 11 to current with a 40 horsepower increase for 2015 taking it to 440 h.p.

Ok now you all have me looking again.

I forwarded this one to DH. Just thinking in case we decide to upgrade our camper. Thoughts?

http://www.billsmithbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/used-2005-Dodge-Ram_3500-4WD_Quad_Cab_8_Ft_Box_DRW_SLT-Cullman-AL/2513004083

For the miles it's a fairly clean looking truck. But with that many miles the price seems high. The fact that it has a spot for a goose neck ball in the bed and mud tires on it, tells me this truck was used and worked. But it's a 5.9 Cummins and it's one of the best diesel motors ever put in a truck. We had a 05 just like it with a 6 speed manual transmission and my wife totaled it with a 100,000 miles on it back in 2010. It was the only truck I ever bought planning to keep and not trade off. It had plenty of power for pulling. It was the most powerful diesel I had until I got my 2012 ford 6.7 diesel.

For the miles it's a fairly clean looking truck. But with that many miles the price seems high. The fact that it has a spot for a goose neck ball in the bed and mud tires on it, tells me this truck was used and worked. But it's a 5.9 Cummins and it's one of the best diesel motors ever put in a truck. We had a 05 just like it with a 6 speed manual transmission and my wife totaled it with a 100,000 miles on it back in 2010. It was the only truck I ever bought planning to keep and not trade off. It had plenty of power for pulling. It was the most powerful diesel I had until I got my 2012 ford 6.7 diesel.

Tom drove a 2011 or 2012 F250 6.7 yesterday.... yeah, he said that he, "shouldn't have done that" ;)    Guess the power was AMAZING.  I said it sure as heck better be, for $42k  :wacko:

What would you say a good price would be if you were going to make an offer on the truck?

Tom drove a 2011 or 2012 F250 6.7 yesterday.... yeah, he said that he, "shouldn't have done that" ;)    Guess the power was AMAZING.  I said it sure as heck better be, for $42k  :wacko:

The power of the 6.7 is great. I have never been a "Ford guy" but when I was searching for my current truck I test drove a new one and it went strait to the top of the list of tucks to find. I had to wait a bit to find a nice used one, around here they are hard to come by and the nice ones wont last more than a day on a dealer lot.

In 2012 I traded in a 2005 king ranch f350 with 115,000 miles on it and it was flawless. They gave me $15,000 for it and sold it for $18,000. My 6.0 looked so good it was only on the lot for 1 day and sold. I know all the guys at the dealership and they really didn't think the truck would sale that fast but it did. They said most 6.0 they have to send them to auction to get rid of them. My 6.0 never left me stranded it was a really nice truck but it just had no power and the mpg was awful. 5 and 6 mpg pulling the camper and 12 at best not towing. I spent a lot of money trying to make that truck pull my camper but it just couldn't do it. I would by a v-10 gas before I bought a 6.0. I have a v-10 f350 for a work truck and it drinks gas but it's a good truck and pulls my back hoe just fine. Between me and my friends we have had just about every generation of diesels between all three brands. The 6.0 was the biggest headache out of them all. If you like moding a truck and changing things on it to get more power then get a 6.0 diesel. But if just want to drive it and pull your camper buy any other one.