We are getting ready to buy a new golf cart.  Most likely electric with enough seating for 4.  Any advice?  It is a total pain to find a good one close to where we live.  We want to spend around $2,000.00, but want to be sure we get what we need and don't get something that is going to be a mess.  We have thought about just waiting until we get to Florida in June to buy one...but would rather get it over with and get all set up before we go.  

I had a club car for 8 years. Bought because of the aluminum frame. When I bought my next one, I did some homework. I settled on an ex go rxv. I liked the independent front suspension, the brushless motor, the regenerative braking and the handling and speed. Granted it's not an aluminum frame, but I'm not taking it through creek beds and snow. The RXV is a very well built car in my opinion. A plain fleet one you can get for about $3000

My humble opinion.

Club Car are really nice but do cost more and unless your buying one that came from a coastal area I wouldn't worry about rusting. But do check the battery box of any golf cart you buy for corrosion.

$2000 is definitely doable. My buddy just bought a really nice 2004 ez go for $700. Needed new batteries $600 plus he ordered a backseat $400

I think the best place to buy a cart is at the source. A golf course. Every 3-5 years most courses get new carts. They don't buy them they lease them. But they can buy a few for their selves or their members. You really have to know someone at the course.

Also members trade up their carts and sell them. Walk into your local course and check the bulletin board.

The guy we purchased it from also suggested springs for the rear seat as well?

I'm assuming he's talking about beefing up the existing springs. By changing them to heavier duty springs.

I helped my cousin do this a few years ago. It helps but I don't think it's neccassary. Especially if your just going to have kids riding on the back.

As a matter of fact I bought a set at the same time and they're still sitting in my shop.

I'm assuming he's talking about beefing up the existing springs. By changing them to heavier duty springs.

I helped my cousin do this a few years ago. It helps but I don't think it's neccassary. Especially if your just going to have kids riding on the back.

As a matter of fact I bought a set at the same time and they're still sitting in my shop.

Thanks for this info. I was thinking that's an additional 100.00 to spend after the seat.