Cruising on the Fantasy with the WBI Family

Wow, you poured it on with the updates there!

I love the photos of W dancing with the older women.  Is he a chip off the old block?

I'm sorry to hear that he had that bad reaction to going to the kid's club.  It sounded like y'all had some fun touring the bars and hot tubs that night.

I am really looking forward to hearing how y'all liked Castaway Cay.

TCD

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop it with the pirate costumes. Just stop. Tell CP she looks awesome. You guys did good. Where did you get these? Where did Ws come from? I see a Disney cruise in our near future and I'm gonna nee

Yup we did it!   After wanting to for years we finally went on our first Disney Cruise.   I know there are a ton of good trip reports I need to get caught up on but I wanted to get this one started wh

I agree!   I'll bet WBI bought all of the costumes, and I'll further bet that he had pirate makeup on like Captain Jack, but he's just not showing us the photos.   TCD

Poor W.  They should have contacted you.

Looking forward to Castaway Cay pctures.

Yeah poor little guy.

I think they are used to dealing with kids that cry so they really try not to contact you unless something is really wrong.  Since we weren't there we really don't know how upset he was, it might not have been that bad after we left, but we felt bad enough we didn't take him back.

That was our cabin number on the Dream!!

That's right, I forgot you said you had the one with the big balcony, how cool!

Wow, you poured it on with the updates there!

I love the photos of W dancing with the older women.  Is he a chip off the old block?

I'm sorry to hear that he had that bad reaction to going to the kid's club.  It sounded like y'all had some fun touring the bars and hot tubs that night.

I am really looking forward to hearing how y'all liked Castaway Cay.

TCD

Yeah I had some catching up to do.

Yeah he's a chip off the old block!   He did good with the ladies of all ages!

We did have a good time on our adult evenings, and like I said above we don't really know how upset W was, they didn't give too many details and evidently it wasn't bad enough for them to call us, which they will do.

Our CC day is coming up in the next post!

WBI

Friday, June 5th

Castaway Cay Day!

From what we've heard it was a big reason to take a Disney Cruise, and honestly I've never heard a bad thing about it.

Since I have a ton of pictures from that day I won't make you wait.

We loved it!

It really is as nice as everyone says!

Before we get off the ship though I did some touring.

This morning we woke up early to room service, they showed up before 7am, but that was fine with us.

I quickly got up and got going, I wanted to be up top to see CC as we came in.

My first picture is on Deck 12 by the bar in the adult only area looking at the little stage:

DSC01395.jpg

This area is off to the side of the bar, and the same type of area on the opposite side is a designated smoking area:

DSC01396.jpg

Walking to the front of the ship:

DSC01397.jpg

As you can see I'm not the first person up here, even though it was just 7am.  They look like they are some CC 5k runners.

In the distance I can see CC (and maybe TCD's favorite fake palm tree)

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

I didn't have much time this morning but just being up here while it was quiet was very relaxing and would be a great way to start every day.

DSC01400.jpg

After a little exploring I headed back to the cabin.

DSC01401.jpg

Enjoying some coffee on the balcony:

DSC01402.jpg

We're getting closer. 

DSC01403.jpg

Zooming in I can see the family beach:

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

I think about now is when we started to do the 180 degree turn so we could back in.

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

Fake Palm Tree (tower)

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

First let me take a Selfie:

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

While W and I enjoyed room service, CP ran up to the buffet to get a more substantial breakfast.  She was running the CC 5k this morning.

DSC01413.jpg

The ship is turning:

DSC01414.jpg

Another island off in the distance:

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

CP brought her Cabana's breakfast back to the room to eat with us:

DSC01419.jpg

She says you should prep for every run with Mickey Waffles.

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

Backing in and getting closer all the time:

DSC01422.jpg

I have way too many pictures of us backing in but since I took them I might as well post them.

DSC01423.jpg

Crew pulling the lines to tie us up.

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

That's 30 pictures.

WBI

I'll keep posting the docking pictures so we can get to the rest of the day.

DSCN0406.jpg

Still draggingg the one line:

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

Looking past the dock you can see some storage containers:

DSCN0413.jpg

Pretty soon CP had to leave to go meet all the other runners so they could leave the ship together.  The story is they get off the ship first and walk to the start line.

Here's her pre-run picture.

DSCN0414%201280x960.jpg

Notice the shirt?

W and I continued to play and get ready for our day on the balcony.

We sunblocked up and got everything ready and kept waiting to see the runners leave the ship, I figured they would leave at 8:30 and then I think everyone else could get off at 8:45am.  We wanted to be some of the first off the ship, and had even considered walking off with the runners (we heard they let family do that).

At one point CP came running in, she had to get her ID, they told her she had to have it to get back on the ship, that was strange.

So we hung out on the balcony and watched:

DSCN0416.jpg

The crew was busy bringing all kinds of stuff off the ship:

DSCN0417.jpg

At about 8:25 we saw a group walking off the ship, so we tried to spot CP, then I saw people coming from both exits and they had beach gear, not runners.

So we rushed out the room.

I took this next picture at 8:30am as we are running to the elevators.

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

I'm happy to report we were off the ship at 8:32am!

DSCN0423.jpg

We fast walked up with the crowd and only stopped for a few pictures.

DSCN0424.jpg

I made a quick decision to ride the tram, from my trip report research I knew I wanted to go to the second tram stop so that seemed like a long walk with W.

Waiting for the tram.

DSCN0425.jpg

Our beautiful ship:

DSCN0426.jpg

After we boarded the tram I noticed runners walking by but I never saw CP.

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

Soon enough the tram took off.  On the way we passed this thing:

DSCN0429.jpg

That's a dredge.  They must have their own little dredge they used to keep the docks deep enough for the boats.

That dredge isn't big enough for the cruise ships, I don't think.

A few minutes later we pulled up to stop 2 and unloaded we found a big group of runners walking up and guess who we found, CP!

We had beat her here, lol  We said good luck and then bolted to the beach to get a good chair.

We found the main area but all the front row seats were taken, so I claimed a second row chair.  But then we walked a little further an I found two front row seats right near the cabanas private beach area and that's where W and I setup shop.

Here's our view:

DSCN0431.jpg

That picture is a little deceiving, it wasn't as dark as it looks.  It was cloudy but not bad at all.

The rope to the right of this picture is to separate people who paid a ton of money for a cabana.

DSCN0432.jpg

Also do you see that reef out there?  I had assumed that Disney made that, but after the cruise I researched CC and turns out its natural.  It makes this area super calm and wave less perfect for a family beach.

Our setup:

DSCN0433.jpg

By the end of the day we had talked quite a bit to the mom over there but at this point we hadn't met yet.

This picture is looking toward the Cabana beach:

DSCN0434.jpg

And back towards the ship and Pelican Plunge.

DSCN0435.jpg

Notice Pelican Plunge is empty, it was so early the crowd hadn't gotten there, if CP wouldn't of been running we could have use the slide a lot first thing that morning.

Meanwhile W loved the water:

DSCN0436.jpg

Our last trip to the beach he hated it so I was nervous, turns out he loves it now and I had to worry about him running in.

So we decided to go get a life jacket, they loan them for free at the tube rental place.

DSCN0437.jpg

Pics on the way, the beach just got progressively more crowded as the morning went on:

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0440.jpg

After we grabbed our life jacket we hit the water:

DSCN0442.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

This is where I had grabbed my first chairs, the ones on the second row.  I was much happier off to the side where we ended up.

DSCN0445.jpg

I think that's 30 pictures, up next we explore and find CP!

WBI

Photo limit goes by way too fast!

Yes it does, but I think I can squeeze in another post today.

Your Castaway Cay photos are great.  It's like we're there with you!

CP's shirt is hilarious.  Where did she get it?

W looks very sporty in his beach outfit and hat.

TCD

Thanks, I tried to take as many as I could while still having fun with W.

Oh and I should say I'm very glad I bought a waterproof camera!  We used that thing a ton on this trip and we almost didn't buy it.  Plus it made me realize how out of date my "good" camera is.  I won't take that old one on another trip.

CP and her friend had those made for a half marathon they ran together.  They are old UCF college friends so I'm assuming there was a lot of rum drinking back then. lol

Thanks, I couldn't believe he wore that hat for so long.  We have a hard time keeping hats on him, even when they help him with sun or in this case just look really cute!

WBI

I have to say, I was really excited to be on Castaway Cay!

You might be able to tell that from the way my pictures were all over the place, lol. 

W were now looking around some more and then we were going to look for CP at the 5k finish line.

First we found Cookie's Too where they serve lunch, ice cream, drinks and other food.

DSCN0446.jpg

The ice cream wasn't open yet, it was only 9:20am.

DSCN0447.jpg

Looking back towards the beach you see the Sand Bar, we are setup on the other side.

DSCN0448.jpg

I just saw the woman in that picture, you wouldn't believe how many times I saw her at that bar over the day.  The funny part is they would have delievered the drinks to her maybe she needed a break from her family or she liked the bartender?

Then we walked over to the finish line and look who we bumped into:

DSCN0449.jpg

We didn't see her cross the finish but she did right after we got there.  She said the course was hot but still fun.

Then she paid her respects to the biggest summer fan of all:

DSCN0451%201280x960.jpg

We pointed her in the direction of our chairs and stuff so she could go change while W and I found the splash pad area, Spring A Leak:

DSCN0452.jpg

Seeing all those nautical flags I figured I should take plenty of pictures in case they changed them since TCD studied them last, but I haven't check them yet.

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Did you notice that there are no kids in those pictures?  W had the whole place to himself!

DSCN0456.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

After splashing around we went back to meet up with CP at our chairs:

DSCN0462.jpg

Storm clouds?  I'm not sure why I took this:

DSCN0463.jpg

I started to go ride the Pelican Plunge but it looked like it had a long line, so instead I decided to go snorkeling, we figured bad weather could come at anytime so we better snorkel now in case they close it (luckily the weather got better and that didn't happen).

We brought our own snorkel and goggles and since we had W we only brought one set because we had to snorkel alone.

We also borrowed a snorkel life vest which they require and are very strict about.

Getting in the water I kind of inflated my vest but figured I wouldn't need it.

That's the Head's Up bar over on that point, I meant to go over there but never got a chance.

DSCN0464.jpg

Looking the other way:

DSCN0465.jpg

Then I started swimming and you know what?

The snorkel lagoon is huge!

Random fish:

DSCN0466.jpg

Sunken thing:

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

Anchor:

DSCN0475.jpg

Ok most of my crazy amount of snorkeling pics are boring so I'll get to the good ones.

Sunken boat:

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0481.jpg

This was supposed to be a pic of big fish hiding but you can barely see them.

DSCN0482.jpg

A big winch:

DSCN0483.jpg

A torpedo?

DSCN0484.jpg

Man is that 30 pictures already?

WBI

I'm going to finish up the snorkeling with this post.

Here we go, do you see that big thing:
DSCN0485.jpg

How about now:
DSCN0486.jpg

Its the Nautilus sub!

DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

It was a lot bigger than I expected.

Fish photobomb

DSCN0491.jpg

Snorkel selfie:
DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

Then I went in search of Mickey and Minnie.

By the time I got here I asked a life guard and turns out I took a wrong turn and missed Mickey so I had to back track.
DSCN0498.jpg

But here he is:
DSCN0499.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

I waited my turn and then tried to take a selfie with him.

The problem was I was out of breath and I didn't wait to catch it, then every time under water I couldn't tell if the camera was taking a picture, so here is the best one I got:

DSCN0503.jpg

Then I swam over to Minnie on the other side of the lagoon.

Look at the rain over there: Luckily that passed on by.
DSCN0504.jpg

Another mini sub:
DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0508.jpg

With Minnie I decided to catch my breath first, and she is a lot shallower than Mickey so it should be easier.

Well here you go, my snorkel selfie still didn't work out, this is the best I got:

DSCN0510.jpg

One more:

DSCN0509.jpg

Then I wore myself out trying to swim back, did I mention the lagoon is huge?!!!

I'll break here, up next I meet up with the family for sand, relaxing, drinks and lunch!

WBI

Yeah that lagoon is enormous.  It's exhausting trying to see it all.  

I am definitely getting me one of those 5k medals on our cruise in December.  I'll be in the midst of training for my spring race then, so that'll be good timing.  And it shouldn't be hot then!  

W looked like he was enjoying the splash area.  I'm not sure I remember that....will have to remember as Anna likes those.

That island looks like so much fun!! Do you have to pay for things or is it included in the price of the cruise (except the pricey cabanas)? Were there any sea turtles? That was always my favorite part of snorkeling in Hawaii :) Those things are awesome!!

Sunken thing:

DSCN0472.jpg

We were at Castaway Cay shortly after they opened it up in around 1999 or 2000 and were told that the sunken things were actually going to be used for two things, - 1 to "seed" coral so that they would start growing there and 2 as "homes" for reef fish etc so there would be more for the snorkelers to see.   We've often wondered how successful the venture was.  

Great job with the Castaway Cay photos, Nick.

I know how far you had to swim for the snorkeling photos. You did good.

I can help you out with the nautical flag reading.  They have changed them a bit since I last visited Spring A Leak:

DSCN0453.jpg

OK.  The flags closest to us in that photo spell out C-A-S-T-A-W-A-Y.

The flags in the background spell out R-E-F-R-E-S-H.

DSCN0454.jpg

The three flags on the left spell out F-U-N.

DSCN0455.jpg

The flags on the wall spell out: D-R-E-A-M.

Here are my photos from the last time I visited there:

When we came out of the water, the girls wanted to go rinse off in a shower.  I had noticed there were two right behind us, near the entrance to the water play area, so we headed there.

Those Disney Imagineers are so clever.  The water play area is called Spring A Leak:

DCLUnderwater229_zpscf9ed095.jpg

We had driven past the back side of this on the tram this morning, and Mrs. TCD had noticed the fences looked like they were made out of pallets.  She has an idea of using pallets in a gardening project at our house, and wanted me to take a look at the fences to see if it was something that I might be able to build for her.  So, I snapped a couple photos of the fences- I think they are made out of pallets, and I think they look pretty cool:

DCLUnderwater230_zps41b48d60.jpg

DCLUnderwater231_zpsfd16a4e9.jpg

Of course,  I couldn't resist taking some photos of the nautical flags they have on display around here.  I like to see what they say:

DCLUnderwater232_zps0e1c9e73.jpg

Here's a guide, in case you would like to play along:

nautical_flag_alphabet.jpg

Going back to that last photo, it looks like the flags in the foreground spell out SPRING A LE . . .  If I had done a better job with the photo, I'll bet the last two flags were AK.  That was easy.

Now the back row.

From the left, the flags appear to spell:  UFN REFRESH TOO . . .

Interesting.

Here's another photo that shows more of the back row:

DCLUnderwater233_zps54989cde.jpg

Looking to the right of the pole, it looks like those flags spell TOOL DRWN.

What the Fort?

By the way, don't miss how those kids in the foreground of that last photo have a hat covering one of the spouts.  I missed that when I was taking the photo.  I wish I had stuck around to see what happened next.

To add to the fun, here is how the flags looked last year, when we were here:

IMG_2074.jpg

Last year, the UFN was still there, but next to it, it spelled SPRING A LEAK.

The flags in the foreground spelled PIXIE DUST.

I don't remember this weather vane being here, but it is now:

DCLUnderwater234_zpsdd1f6273.jpg

The flags here on the fence spell out DREAM:

DCLUnderwater235_zps70fb9c6b.jpg

I should have told that guy he was going to be famous by being in a TCD trip report.  Maybe he would have smiled and sucked in his gut.

This is one last shot showing the end of the top of the back row of flags:

DCLUnderwater236_zps891862f7.jpg

It spells DRWN.

Is that supposed to be DROWN?

Is that supposed to be funny.

Somebody needs to get these flags straightened out.

I'm bringing some new ones and some clothespins on my next cruise, just in case.

It looks like someone finally figured out how to spell "FUN," but it also looks like there are less flags hanging around there.

TCD

Yeah that lagoon is enormous.  It's exhausting trying to see it all.  

I am definitely getting me one of those 5k medals on our cruise in December.  I'll be in the midst of training for my spring race then, so that'll be good timing.  And it shouldn't be hot then!  

W looked like he was enjoying the splash area.  I'm not sure I remember that....will have to remember as Anna likes those.

Yes it is.

That's great, for a while I wanted to do the 5k also but then I got to figuring out what to do with W and I remembered I don't like to run anymore, so I changed my mind.

Yes W did like the splash area it was a nice cooler spot to play with NO sand.

That island looks like so much fun!! Do you have to pay for things or is it included in the price of the cruise (except the pricey cabanas)? Were there any sea turtles? That was always my favorite part of snorkeling in Hawaii :) Those things are awesome!!

The island is a blast.

You do have to pay for extras like tubes, floats, drinks, snorkels, or bikes but the prices aren't too bad and there's plenty to do for free.

I didn't see any sea turtles but CP did, which is surprising to me since its a pretty busy area.

Sunken thing:

DSCN0472.jpg

We were at Castaway Cay shortly after they opened it up in around 1999 or 2000 and were told that the sunken things were actually going to be used for two things, - 1 to "seed" coral so that they would start growing there and 2 as "homes" for reef fish etc so there would be more for the snorkelers to see.   We've often wondered how successful the venture was.  

Yeah that makes sense.

I didn't notice coral  but there were lots of fish, more than I expected so the artificial reefs are working.

Great job with the Castaway Cay photos, Nick.

I know how far you had to swim for the snorkeling photos. You did good.

I can help you out with the nautical flag reading.  They have changed them a bit since I last visited Spring A Leak:

DSCN0453.jpg

OK.  The flags closest to us in that photo spell out C-A-S-T-A-W-A-Y.

The flags in the background spell out R-E-F-R-E-S-H.

DSCN0454.jpg

The three flags on the left spell out F-U-N.

DSCN0455.jpg

The flags on the wall spell out: D-R-E-A-M.

Here are my photos from the last time I visited there:

It looks like someone finally figured out how to spell "FUN," but it also looks like there are less flags hanging around there.

TCD

Thanks TCD, you saved me from having to look that up.

That's good to know they fixed FUN!

WBI

It's still Friday, June 5th on Castaway Cay.

I just finished snorkeling and I'm now headed back to find W and CP.

Here they are, playing in the sand.

DSCN0514.jpg

We had brought a small thing of sand toys but so did a couple families next to us, so they all shared, that was nice.  We also brought out a small beach ball which the other kids loved.

Then we headed to the Sand Bar to get a drink before doing some exploring.

DSCN0515.jpg

haha I'm not sure what I'm doing here:

DSCN0516.jpg

This is the standard ship drink menu:

DSCN0518.jpg

CP took these while we waited, dang waterspot:

Our chairs are right over there where the mom in the red bikini is:

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

Our drinks:

DSCN0524.jpg

Then we went looking around:

DSCN0525.jpg

I have to remember to tell CP to check the camera for water next time, there are lots of pictures with water on the lens

DSCN0526.jpg

She took this picture to show that they had Sprite Zero, they didn't have it on the ship. 

DSCN0528.jpg

Some flags:

DSCN0529.jpg

A boy and his chips:

DSCN0530%201280x960.jpg

A smashed Flower:

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

CC map:

DSCN0534.jpg

Cool signs:

DSCN0535.jpg

Ahh man I'm having a rotating problem again.

CP took this picture as a reminder of how she doesn't like sand.

DSCN0536.jpg

We walked our way over to the other family beach and looked around the shops.

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0538.jpg

Hair braiding.

DSCN0539.jpg

Hey that mom we always run into is in this picture in the blue.

DSCN0540.jpg

Games area:

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

We stopped and played some mini golf on these two holes they have:

DSCN0544.jpg

While here we talked to that mom we always run into.  They were real nice and from somewhere in Florida.

Some showers closer to the main family beach.

DSCN0545.jpg

I think this was more covered seating.

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

We'll return to the Conched Out Bar shortly.

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0549%201280x960.jpg

Picture limit.

WBI

Continuing on:

We're stilling walking in the direction of the ship:

DSCN0550.jpg

Has anyone ever noticed they have big lights everywhere on CC?  I wonder if they ever use them?

More covered seating:

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0552%201280x960.jpg

After looking at everything we headed back to the Conched Out Bar for a drink.  We had recognized a few of the bartenders too so we caught up with them.  But first we took a selfie:

Ok I've rotated and uploaded this picture in and out of Photobucket and it still comes back to this so I give up.

DSCN0554.jpg

We decided to try the Konk Kooler, the signature drink on CC.

DSCN0555.jpg

Our bartender friend brought it too us and we visited a while.

While visiting CP fell in love with the drink and couldn't stop talking about how good it was.  Another bartender said it was diabetes in a cup, lol it was all sugar but she didn't care it was great.    Well after all her bragging our friend brought her another one, his treat.

Which led to this picture:

DSCN0556.jpg

After some visiting we headed off in search of lunch back at Cookies Too.

We fixed our plates and found a table in the shade.

Here's my plate:

DSCN0558.jpg

It was all good!

The only problem was those sugar drinks gave CP a stomach ache so she retreated back to the beach chair to lay down, while W and I ate.  That means I didn't really get to enjoy my food because W kept taking it, lol.  Don't worry I come back later.

We finished up and headed back to the chairs to find CP saying it was worth it cause the drink tasted so good just shouldn't drink it so fast.  Out of those two drinks she didn't finish either of them, lol.

So we sat and relaxed for a while:

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

I even got W to relax with his chips on the chair with me and eventually he fell asleep.

DSCN0564.jpg

While W slept I enjoyed this view.

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

Sleeping boy with a chip in his hand:

DSCN0571.jpg

Before too long W woke up ready to go so we headed back to spring a leak to show CP:

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

Then we decided it was a good time for a bike ride

So we rented some bikes and headed out.

DSCN0575.jpg

W loved this type of bike seat

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

Off we go to the original runway.

DSCN0579.jpg

Have you heard the stories about the man that built this runway and developed parts of the island?  Well he did such a good job that drug runners started using it and eventually took it over so he had to sell the island (or part he owned) because it was no longer safe.  The company that bought it was ran by a rich American drug runner/dealer locals say that during the height of it all they had up to 8 planes a day land and take off here.  Eventually there was a drug raid by law enforcement and they caught the guy and eventually were able to shut down the drug operations.

And now its owned by family oriented Disney.

DSCN0580.jpg

Bike path detour:

DSCN0581.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

There's the observation tower ahead.  We didn't stop though, we were trying to get W to nap some more.

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

Picture limit.  More bike ride pictures to come.

WBI

Dang picture limit!

I know its killing me when I get on a roll I want to keep going.

The chips. I love the chips. So much. Especially when he falls asleep holding one. Parent to parent, you gotta go with what works.

haha I know it was so funny when he fell asleep with them, I was a little worried he'd choke but once I was sure he was ok it was great.  The best was when he woke up and started eating like he had never been asleep.

And I'm glad you understand!  I would have never thought he'd fall in love with chips but hey they worked, plus he was on vacation so he can have his chips.  (he also gets them at restaurants now lol)

WBI

WBI - Great story so far!!  Wonderful photos.  We are booked for a pre-Christmas cruise on the Fantasy so I am following closely. 

On Castaway Cay, what is included and what is extra $$.  Obviously adult drinks and bike rentals are extra$$, but what else.

Thanks for any help in my planning.

Oh my gosh... I LOVE this island!!  This, in itself, makes me think I could do a cruise.  I just wish they spent more than one day there (on the short cruises).  How many hours were you on the island?  That water is BEAUTIFUL and the sand looks like it just melts under your feet.   Disney and a beautiful ocean!?  Win/Win!!  :)

All caught up.

Pirate outfits looked great.

Nice underwater shots.

It ain't a vacation til you double fist the drinks.

W asleep with the chip reminds me of my boy when he passed out with half a grilled cheese.  Need to dig up the video.

Continue on.....

We are booked for a pre-Christmas cruise on the Fantasy so I am following closely. 

On Castaway Cay, what is included and what is extra $$.  Obviously adult drinks and bike rentals are extra$$, but what else.

I'll throw in my $.02 about Castaway Cay planning.

It costs extra to rent tubes, snorkel equipment and bikes.  All the food and soft drinks are included, just like they are on the ship.

If you have your own snorkel equipment, you are allowed to bring it and use it.  You have to wear one of the yellow flotation vests, but those are free to use, and can be found hanging on the life guard towers.

The bike rental fee is per hour, but nobody keeps track of when you check out or check in.  They're on island time, mon.  Last time I went, it was $6 an hour to rent a bike.  That was the best deal on the island.

DCL offers a recreation package that includes the snorkel equipment, tubes and bikes.  I personally think it's overpriced and unnecessary.  Bring your own snorkel gear, and just rent the bikes.  You don't need a tube to enjoy the water.

TCD

WBI - Great story so far!!  Wonderful photos.  We are booked for a pre-Christmas cruise on the Fantasy so I am following closely. 

Thanks, that will be a great cruise, we were looking at it too, the one that departs on Dec. 18th or 19th I think but we decided to wait.

TCD already answered the CC question I'll just add that the price of the bike rental went up, but I can't remember how much, it was still not too bad a deal and very enjoyable.

Oh my gosh... I LOVE this island!!  This, in itself, makes me think I could do a cruise.  I just wish they spent more than one day there (on the short cruises).  How many hours were you on the island?  That water is BEAUTIFUL and the sand looks like it just melts under your feet.   Disney and a beautiful ocean!?  Win/Win!!   :)

Yes the island is the best.

There are some summer cruises that stop at CC twice, they call them a double dip, TCD actually did one back in 2012 I think, they are usually 5 days.

I think you can be on the island from 8:30am to 4:45pm (or somewhere around then).  We were there almost the entire day.

All caught up.

Pirate outfits looked great.

Nice underwater shots.

It ain't a vacation til you double fist the drinks.

W asleep with the chip reminds me of my boy when he passed out with half a grilled cheese.  Need to dig up the video.

Continue on.....

Thanks for the comments!

lol yeah our vacations always include a lot of drinks!

That sounds like a great video, W fell asleep eating  a lot on this trip and I'd say that's a good recommendation at how much fun he was having!

I'll throw in my $.02 about Castaway Cay planning.

It costs extra to rent tubes, snorkel equipment and bikes.  All the food and soft drinks are included, just like they are on the ship.

If you have your own snorkel equipment, you are allowed to bring it and use it.  You have to wear one of the yellow flotation vests, but those are free to use, and can be found hanging on the life guard towers.

The bike rental fee is per hour, but nobody keeps track of when you check out or check in.  They're on island time, mon.  Last time I went, it was $6 an hour to rent a bike.  That was the best deal on the island.

DCL offers a recreation package that includes the snorkel equipment, tubes and bikes.  I personally think it's overpriced and unnecessary.  Bring your own snorkel gear, and just rent the bikes.  You don't need a tube to enjoy the water.

TCD

Great info TCD.

Like I said above the bike rental cost went up but I'll have to find that price.

Also the yellow floation vests, you can get them at the tube rental place if you don't see one on the life guard stand and they are still free.  That's also where you can get kids life jackets for free.

I also agree that the recreation package that you can pre-book doesn't seem like a good deal at all.

We brought one snorkel gear set that we shared.

Also at the end of the day there will be tubes everywhere from people that have already left for the ship, just grab one and enjoy!

WBI

It looks like afternoons are the only time I can post updates anymore.

I left off with us enjoying a bike ride on CC.

We had just got to the look out tower but decided no to stop as it looked like W was going to fall asleep. So we kept on peddling past the adult beach and turned right on to a nice shaded road.

There's the Fantasy peaking above everything:

DSCN0590.jpg

This paved road was lined with some type of pine or cedar tree.  At the time I talked about how smart Disney was that they planted a pine that could survive here on the island and it provided this shaded trail for us to enjoy.  Well in the same article I read telling me about the drug running on the island it also explained that it was the man who originally developed the island that paved this road and planted these trees, he really spent some money on this place!

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

This path was awesome!  Very peaceful with only the sounds of the ocean and the occasional other biker.

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

At the end of the path we decided to stop since W didn't fall asleep:

DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

Looking towards the adults only beach:

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

Then we biked back to the adults area:

DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

CP decided to go explore the adults area while W and I waited.

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

DSCN0621.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0623%201280x960.jpg

I believe that's 30.

WBI