Who's going to the Fort, and when ya gonna be there?

Just had to cancel my November Fort trip and the September Fiend Cruise. Oldest stepson who is stationed in South Korea with the Air Force has run into some difficulties. Family first right. So no trips for us this year.

doodlebug

I thought I read this the other day but couldn't find it again. So sorry you had to cancel your trips. Hope your stepson is OK. We we looking forward to you joining us on the cruise.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are really hoping to be there for Halloween this year.

Hey you know what would be awesome, if we were in the same loop, we are both tent campers and have lots of babies :) !  your kids + my kids = ALOT of kids, I think that's enough kids to fill the whole loop!!  :(:)) :)) :))8) :) :) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If mama get's her way (and I usually do) Oct 30 to Nov 5, whoohoo!

We're there Oct 31 thru Nov 6.  We arrive on the 30.  If they let us add the day on we will, no luck yet.  We'll have to meet up.  We are tent campers too.  Check out the GG thread.

We're there Oct 31 thru Nov 6.  We arrive on the 30.  If they let us add the day on we will, no luck yet.  We'll have to meet up.  We are tent campers too.  Check out the GG thread.

That would be awesome, my 5, your 5, her 6.. that's a bunch of little bananas, we def deserve our own loop!!

:(:)) :)) :))8) :) :) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Check in December 17, 2011

Check out December 27, 2011

Next return 2013.  I've been restricted to every other year... :argh:

I think we get there on the 19th and leave on 26th of December. So we'll be there while you are there!!! :)) Can't wait til Christmas!!

That would be awesome, my 5, your 5, her 6.. that's a bunch of little bananas, we def deserve our own loop!!

:doublebeer: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow!  I don't get the opportunity to be around other big families!  That would be cool!!!

I can see the kids line up picture now.  LOL!  Hoping for the 1500 Loop! and you?

:banana: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow!  I don't get the opportunity to be around other big families!  That would be cool!!!

I can see the kids line up picture now.  LOL!  Hoping for the 1500 Loop! and you?

We are also hoping for the 1500 loop.  Love being close enough to everything for my dh to limp over.  He's not sure he wants to be in a loop with that many kids using the same bathroom. LOL  I assured him it would be fine. :D

:rofl2: :mort1: :rofl2: :dance: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I wish I was going that week now, too!  I don't know any other large families.

??? :heart: :) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We are also hoping for the 1500 loop.  Love being close enough to everything for my dh to limp over.  He's not sure he wants to be in a loop with that many kids using the same bathroom. LOL  I assured him it would be fine. :D

Tell him not to worry, there is 2 comfort stations per loops, we can surely work out a schedule :))  Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the campers during TOT if we all went together?? LOL  Priceless! 

Tell him not to worry, there is 2 comfort stations per loops, we can surely work out a schedule :banana:  Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the campers during TOT if we all went together?? LOL  Priceless!

I don't remember there being a second comfort station in 1500?  We could work out a schedule.  Still sounds like fun!!!  We could have our own walking/CG parade for ToT.

well maybe there isnt.. I thought I read somewhere there was two but it doesnt matter, we shall still have a grand time!  Are you able to get all of the kiddos on a a regular sized golf cart or are you renting a six seater from somewhere?  I sorta think we will all fit, the 3 big kids in the back, baby on my lap and the 2year old between me and daddy.. but I worry about the Disney Po Po pulling us over.  I have reserved a cart with Kenny but will continue to explore all my options.  I had forgotten about he GC parade, now I have something to add to my "to do" list.    Does your family do the parks everyday?  I'm debating what type of tickets we need.  I wasted alot of money last year so I'm trying to be alittle smarter and not buy much more than we really need.  My older kids REALLY want to go to Universal as well, not sure if we can do that in just one day (ok so it's really mom that  dying to see Harry Potter :bravo:)  So much to do, 1 week just doesnt seem like enough time but .. gasp.. that's all that I can get dad to sign off on ;)

well maybe there isnt.. I thought I read somewhere there was two but it doesnt matter, we shall still have a grand time!  Are you able to get all of the kiddos on a a regular sized golf cart or are you renting a six seater from somewhere?  I sorta think we will all fit, the 3 big kids in the back, baby on my lap and the 2year old between me and daddy.. but I worry about the Disney Po Po pulling us over.  I have reserved a cart with Kenny but will continue to explore all my options.  I had forgotten about he GC parade, now I have something to add to my "to do" list.    Does your family do the parks everyday?  I'm debating what type of tickets we need.  I wasted alot of money last year so I'm trying to be alittle smarter and not buy much more than we really need.  My older kids REALLY want to go to Universal as well, not sure if we can do that in just one day (ok so it's really mom that  dying to see Harry Potter ???)  So much to do, 1 week just doesnt seem like enough time but .. gasp.. that's all that I can get dad to sign off on :rofl2:

We won't all fit in a golf cart, but will probably just take turns going looping with a few at a time.  We are scheduled to arrive around 5:00pm on the 31st, so will miss the GC parade, but hope to ToT.  There is a chance I can talk my dh into going down a day early, depending if he is still drumming in a church praise band then. 

We only go to one park per trip.  Last time was Magic Kingdom.  This time, we are hoping to go to Epcot.  It doesn't sound like much to some, but with all there is to do at Fort Wilderness, plus Downtown Disney, and touring other resorts, we have a blast!

We only go to one park per trip.  Last time was Magic Kingdom.  This time, we are hoping to go to Epcot.  It doesn't sound like much to some, but with all there is to do at Fort Wilderness, plus Downtown Disney, and touring other resorts, we have a blast!

That is actually a brillant idea to do one park a trip, ecspecially with small kids and to be honest, I hadn't thought about touring the resorts until you posted that, most excellent idea!  Last trip my kids chose to stay in the campground the last day instead of do a park.  I'd love to hear more about your camping recipes, if i read correctly you did alot of precooking and baking before you left.  I had the best of intensions to do that but it just didnt work out :rofl2:

That is actually a brillant idea to do one park a trip, ecspecially with small kids and to be honest, I hadn't thought about touring the resorts until you posted that, most excellent idea!  Last trip my kids chose to stay in the campground the last day instead of do a park.  I'd love to hear more about your camping recipes, if i read correctly you did alot of precooking and baking before you left.  I had the best of intensions to do that but it just didnt work out :rofl2:

That would be a good thread to start in the recipe section! I would love to have ideas about pre-cooking foods for the trip! I too think the one park per trip was awesome!

That is actually a brillant idea to do one park a trip, ecspecially with small kids and to be honest, I hadn't thought about touring the resorts until you posted that, most excellent idea!  Last trip my kids chose to stay in the campground the last day instead of do a park.  I'd love to hear more about your camping recipes, if i read correctly you did alot of precooking and baking before you left.  I had the best ofim intensions to do that but it just didnt work out :rofl2:

We were only there four nights, so I did pretty standard camping stuff for dinner.  The first night, we had cold BLT's.  I had pre-cooked the bacon, so dh just sliced the bread, lettuce, and tomatoes, and built the sandwiches.  I wanted to pre-slice everything, but he said this worked better for him.  nother night, we did Frito snack bags with beans and cheese.  I got that recipe from a girl scout site.  The other two nights were hot dogs and hamburgers.

Most of the pre-cooking I did was baking.  Due to food sensitivities, I make all our breads, rolls, etc.  On vacation, we also have lots of homemade cookies, muffins, and quick breads.  I also made GORP from raisins, peanuts, and Sunspire candies - like M&M''s but no artificial colors or flavors. 

Touring the resorts was fun.  We just went to the ones we could get to by boat or monorail, except Animal Kingdom Lodge.  :rofl2:

• 3 weeks later...