From Kenny the Pirate...

Flynn Rider play test begins Sunday, July 12 at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom

Flynn Rider from “Tangled” will appear in the Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland at Walt Disney World July 12 through July 15 and 19 thurough 22 as part of a “play test”

Flynn-Rider-Play-Test-in-Fantasyland-in-

He will be on a special mission, constantly moving, and not be able to stop for photos or autographs.

While this test is anticipated to last up to two weeks, it is subject to change, and his appearances will be unadvertised to Guests through My Disney Experience or the Magic Kingdom Times Guide.

“Flynn Rider is on the run throughout Fantasyland.  We just never know when or where he will show up.   He can’t stop for autographs, but keep your eye open and you may get to snap a picture of him on the run.”

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/07/11/flynn-rider-play-test-begins-sunday-july-12-at-walt-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

How did they fail? It hasn't even happened yet.

The purpose of this is to see if roaming characters are possible at WDW like at DL. I for one hope it succeeds. It would open the door to a whole new experience at WDW. It would make the park feel like you are really a part of the story and emerse the guest into their world.

If a character such as Flynn Ryder can roam around during the busy summer crowds, then it would be a success. But the Internet has already destined it to fail. It was supposed to be a surprise secret and it leaked out like usual. Now people are going to stalk him and ruin the experience.

How did they fail? It hasn't even happened yet.

The purpose of this is to see if roaming characters are possible at WDW like at DL. I for one hope it succeeds. It would open the door to a whole new experience at WDW. It would make the park feel like you are really a part of the story and emerse the guest into their world.

If a character such as Flynn Ryder can roam around during the busy summer crowds, then it would be a success. But the Internet has already destined it to fail. It was supposed to be a surprise secret and it leaked out like usual. Now people are going to stalk him and ruin the experience.

I think in order to succeed, it needs to be more than 1 character and in more than 1 place. 

1 character roaming during one of the busiest times of year in the busiest section of the park is destined to be mobbed. 

The purpose of this is to see if roaming characters are possible at WDW like at DL.

I thought that might be what they were testing, and really hope it does work.

It would be cool if the characters just being "around" could become part of the park experience.

Hopefully the info leaking out doesn't ruin the test.  If nothing else, maybe it will actually help prepare people for the fact that they can't ambush him for photos and autographs. 

I really don't think the current WDW park attendee is going to respect the no autograph part.  With today's entitlement mentality, Little Johnny NEEDS to have his photo taken with 'any character here' and an autograph or Mommy of Little Johnny is going to throw a fit. 

I really don't think the current WDW park attendee is going to respect the no autograph part. With today's entitlement mentality, Little Johnny NEEDS to have his photo taken with 'any character here' and an autograph or Mommy of Little Johnny is going to throw a fit.

I was thinking the same thing.