Just found this site, what a wealth of info!!! Being Passholders, we visit quite often. We had a trailer in the past, and are in the process of narrowing down our choices for a toy hauler. My question is most of our trips are long weekends, but at least once a month. Sometimes last minute. Seems like this place can be booked well out in advance. We're only a couple hours away, how many other people are staying here once a month? Are you booked months in advance?

First of all welcome. Their are several Fiends that live close to the fort and visit often. I don't have to tell you how fat in advance they book but they tell stories about booking last minute and getting a site. Some of them will be along shortly to share their experiences.

The advantage of living so close is that you could snag a room only reservation that was canceled at the 5 day mark. For those of us farther away that it not generally possible to logistically do. Though it has been done. Right Carol?

Yeah....... sometimes the urge just hits and I have to go :)

But seriously, unless it's a Holiday weekend, there is usually no problem getting a reservation at the 5 day mark.