The 100 loop was closed in May for work.  However, there was a broken water pipe on that loop last weekend (July 18th).  Maybe that is the issue for the 100 loop.

Also, I've noticed it is becoming very difficult to find reservations less than a week.  If I extend my stay, I get much more availability.  Perhaps this policy is backfiring.

Over the 4th of July weekend, there were two entire cabin loops closed and fenced off.  They appear to be replacing all of the porches on the cabins entirely.  That's a lot of rooms to take off-line during a busy time of the year.

The fact that they are replacing all of the porches suggests to me that the existing cabins, some of which have now been in service for 15+ years, are not going to be replaced any time soon.

TCD

Over the 4th of July weekend, there were two entire cabin loops closed and fenced off.  They appear to be replacing all of the porches on the cabins entirely.  That's a lot of rooms to take off-line during a busy time of the year.

The fact that they are replacing all of the porches suggests to me that the existing cabins, some of which have now been in service for 15+ years, are not going to be replaced any time soon.

TCD

That's too bad - we stayed in one in 2014 that was badly in need of "refreshing".

I saw cabin loops closed with porches or decks being replaced. The 2 in 100 got new porches also and some new wood on the sides. Also one morning I was out on the golf cart super early and saw 2 cars parked in the grass at the 4 way stop close to the exit where the chip and dale sign is located. I was kind of going slow looking at these cars when a guy rolls down his window in a Chevy Impala and asked if I had seen construction going on. Said he was lost. I said no and went on since the area was super quiet

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the update.  Hope you had a great time!

Thanks.  We had a great time, and the Fort was really empty.  The 200 loop was about 20% full.  Other loops were running much higher, 50 - 60%, so I think the 200 loop was being emptied for maintenance, but who knows.

In any event, a very nice weekend that started with an amazing thunderstorm Thursday night.