Did anyone else see this, I wonder what effect this has if any on the way?

Disney's VPs at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios switch theme park roles

Walt Disney World has announced another theme-park management switch.

Disney's Hollywood Studios vice president Dan Cockerell will trade places with Magic Kingdom vice president Phil Holmes over the next month.

Cockerell has overseen Hollywood Studios since 2011. Before that he was vice president in charge of Epcot. Holmes has been vice president of the Magic Kingdom since 2001.

Earlier this month, Disney announced it was moving Melissa Valiquette from director of operations at the Magic Kingdom to vice president of Epcot.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-dan-cockerell-phil-holmes-20150724-story.html

What!?

Phil Holmes is leaving the MK?

Does that mean his portrait is going to be taken down in the gift shop in New Fantasyland?

And are we going to get a spinner ride like Aladdin's Flying Carpets at DHS?

Woo Hoo!

TCD

I've never done the up arrow points thing before, but this comment got one!

It made me lol for real, good job!

WBI

I've never done the up arrow points thing before, but this comment got one!

It made me lol for real, good job!

WBI

All kidding aside, I think it's a sign that there will be a big construction project coming to DHS.

Even though the construction of New Fantasyland took forever, the end product is a nice addition to the park.  Phil Holmes was the head manager at the MK through the whole process.

It makes sense to move him over to DHS if something big is on the way there.  And that's what all the rumors have been pointing to.

TCD

All kidding aside, I think it's a sign that there will be a big construction project coming to DHS.

Even though the construction of New Fantasyland took forever, the end product is a nice addition to the park.  Phil Holmes was the head manager at the MK through the whole process.

It makes sense to move him over to DHS if something big is on the way there.  And that's what all the rumors have been pointing to.

TCD

Sounds logical to me.

Maybe Dan is headed to the MK to pick out some rides to shut down there?

LOL. I spoke to both of my daughters about this last night, and they did express concern that the MK would suffer as the result of Phil leaving.  Phil may have a gigantic ego, but there's no denying that the MK is the best or the four parks at WDW by far.  And the CM's who work under him like him.

My current theory on how this will play out is that there is going to be a lot of attention focused on what we now know as Hollywood Studios for the next four or five years, during which probably nothing new will be added to the MK.  Then, right before WDW's 50th anniversary in 2021, we will see a bunch of new stuff added at the MK.

TCD

LOL. I spoke to both of my daughters about this last night, and they did express concern that the MK would suffer as the result of Phil leaving. Phil may have a gigantic ego, but there's no denying that the MK is the best or the four parks at WDW by far. And the CM's who work under him like him.

My current theory on how this will play out is that there is going to be a lot of attention focused on what we now know as Hollywood Studios for the next four or five years, during which probably nothing new will be added to the MK. Then, right before WDW's 50th anniversary in 2021, we will see a bunch of new stuff added at the MK.

TCD

Interesting. Guess time will tell and you may be one of the first to know since you will be at the convention.