Three trips in one year too much?

We went 4 times from July 2014 to July 2015 for a total of 5 weeks. It's 1100 miles one way from our house to Disney. We have one more trip planned this year but none after that. But I wish we were there now. Our AP expire at the end of this year.

DH is not a Disney Fan. So as a family we have not been for 5 years. Thankfully that is being rectified in October. I have been blessed to be able to attend the last two WWW.

I agree with DIT there are so many other places I would like to visit with my kids. DH's cousin passed away and he made a trip out to Oregon for the funeral. He said it was beautiful out there.

My gut answer to the question is "NO!"

But when I started to sneak some "other" trips in during the year with friends, DH was worried that going more often would "ruin" it for me.

Nope.

The most I've gotten into a year is our usual 3 week trip in the fall, Wild Womenz Weekend in January (which ended up being about 5 days) and a crazy, 36-hour road trip for the 24 hour MK event (as in, we drove 20 hours, were there for 36, and then drove 20 hours home).

Didn't ruin anything at all!

As Susan mentioned, each trip was completely different, even though it was in the same place.  Even with the annual 3 week trip DH and I take, no 2 trips are the same.  Some years we hang out with FrIENDS, do a lot of park hopping and ride lots of things.  Some years we've just made a point of taking it all in - exploring nooks and crannies or doing attractions we haven't before (or in a while), taking the time to sit and soak up the atmosphere without rushing. Last year's trip turned into "adventures in dining" kind of all on its own and without any real planning. 

I have read of people going at the beginning and end of their AP, so it feels like the trips are a year apart, but in fact are slightly less than that.

We stretch a set of APs over 2 trips, mostly to save us the cost of tickets every other year.

But right now we're considering what next year will look like, as DH's work has told him he can't take 3 weeks in a row after this year.  It's very possible that it's going to turn into a 2 week trip in the fall, leaving the camper in FL, and then another 2 week trip a few weeks later.

That should be interesting - not so much for me as for DH, as he's never done more than the single trip in a year. But then he'd be happy if we stayed at the Fort the whole time, while I'm the one that usually gets us in the parks almost every day, even for just a few hours.

Time will tell...  :)

I don't think it would be too much - but I would divide it up to focus on one or two parks a lot on each trip with ample fort days.  At your girls ages, I'd say go for it.  When they hit those Teen years, they may want to do something else.  Do Magic Kingdom a LOT first trip, Studios the 2nd, etc. 

We go down about every Fall  (Halloween Horror nights for Dad)  - be great if we could coordinate next fall. I think TN22 will be going down next fall also. 

Back in the days when you could buy "Never Expire" tickets, we dropped what I thought was a ridiculous amount on 10 day passes - and used those passes for about 5 vacations in total. We went to Orando EVERY year (still do), but we would only spend 1-2 days at Disney and do something else like Universal, etc as well.  Shame we can't still get them! 

Thank you for all the great advice and after a ton of discussion, we are attempting 3 trips next year, yikes...We booked Christmas 2016 this weekend and have decided to customize the trips to make them unique.  How exactly are we doing that?  Not sure but planning is half the fun.  I think we will definitely feel more freedom while we are there now due to the AP's which will open up some different dining options.