Model Train in Germany Pavilion Being Refurbished - Epcot, World Showcase

From WDWMagic...

PHOTOS - Germany Pavilion's model railroad display in the process of an extensive refurbishment

The G-Scale model railroad display at Epcot's Germany Pavilion is in the midst of a major refurbishment.

Over the past couple of weeks, the entire display has been stripped of all buildings and track, and this week the process of laying the new track has begun.

The display has suffered from poor reliability over the past few years so a major refurbishment is a welcome update, hopefully in-time for the upcoming Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

Germany_Full_25009.jpg?width=800&quality

Article Posted: Aug 13, 2015 / 10:00am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/germany/news/13aug2015-photos---germany-pavilions-model-railroad-display-in-the-process-of-an-extensive-refurbishment.htm

They could donate it to me! I just lost about 100 feet of track and some trestles to a tree coming down on it. Thank goodness no buildings were lost. That whole endeavor waa started because of the LGB set in Germany. Glad to see it being reworked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

They could donate it to me! I just lost about 100 feet of track and some trestles to a tree coming down on it. Thank goodness no buildings were lost. That whole endeavor waa started because of the LGB set in Germany. Glad to see it being reworked.Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Since you have damage and need to rebuild, maybe it's time you move on up to the backyard ride on trains!

• 2 months later...

From WDWMagic...

The model railroad display at Epcot's Germany pavilion has reopened following an extensive refurbishment.

During the closure, all of the track was replaced, with the hope of being able to consistently run trains on the display.

Photos here...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/germany/news/21oct2015-photos---germany-pavilions-model-railroad-reopens-after-refurbishment.htm