DME and unaccompanied minor

Due to some unforeseen douche-baggery, my 12 year old daughter isn't driving in the MH down to FW with us.  She'll be flying in later on our arrival day.  My question, can she DME as an unaccompanied minor?  I have no way to get her from the airport other than taxi.  She will have a small carry on, no luggage.

My boys did it at 16 & 17. Do you think your daughter could navigate MCO all the way down to Level 1 DME by herself?

One option you could do is also make a DME reservation for yourself.

THEN on her arrival day, go to the Swan or Dolphin and take Mears to the airport. ($20 one way last time I used it). Then you could both ride DME back to the campground together.

Find a flight that leaves about an hour after she arrives. Call Mears the night before, tell them the flight number, time, and that you want to be picked up from the Swan or Dolphin. They will tell you a pickup time.

You can get to the Swan or Dolphin by taking a bus to Studios, then taking the boat.

Then Mears will get you to the airport, then you can meet her just outside security, and make your way to DME together.

Also, if she is flying on an unaccompanied minor ticket, I don't think they just let them go when they land. I think someone HAS to be at the airport, and you can get a pass to go through security and meet her at her gate.

Due to some unforeseen douche-baggery, my 12 year old daughter isn't driving in the MH down to FW with us.  She'll be flying in later on our arrival day.  My question, can she DME as an unaccompanied minor?  I have no way to get her from the airport other than taxi.  She will have a small carry on, no luggage.

I think you may be able to do this but the only way to set it up is to call DME directly and set it up or have your TA do it if you have one. I had one group that was traveling. One room was all together but the daughter was going to be in the grandparents room and they were going to be there already. The CM said it was possible but had to be set up by DME. In the end I just added the grandparents to DME and since she was traveling with her parents anyway we didnt worry about it. 

I think you may be able to do this but the only way to set it up is to call DME directly and set it up or have your TA do it if you have one. I had one group that was traveling. One room was all together but the daughter was going to be in the grandparents room and they were going to be there already. The CM said it was possible but had to be set up by DME. In the end I just added the grandparents to DME and since she was traveling with her parents anyway we didnt worry about it.

Hmmm sounds familiar lol

If they will guide her all the way to the DME counter, then should be no issue. Just make a reservation on DME for everyone in your group. Then when she shows up at the counter, she'll scan her Magic Band and board a bus. The fact that no one else boards the bus is not an issue.

I will say this, though, what I'm suggesting is a "don't ask, don't tell" situation. She'll be walked down to DME, and once there, most likely no one will question her boarding by herself.

However, now that you said 10:30 at night, quite honestly, I'd spend the $20 bucks to ride Mears and meet her.

The unaccompanied minor folks might frown on delivering her to a bus service, the DME folks might balk at her boarding by herself, and then you are met with a phone call at 11:00 at night and will HAVE to take a taxi to meet her. (Which could run $50).

Whatever you decide, most definitely make DME reservations for everyone on your reservation. That is the simplest way to make sure she at least has a DME reservation.

Like I said, it is quite easy, call Mears the night before. 407-423-5566. Give them a phantom flight number and time for about the time you want to be at the airport. Tell them you want to be picked up at Dolphin. They will give you a pickup time. (I looked online, it is now $22.00) one way.

Make your way to the Dolphin and be out front just before your pickup time. You will get a ride to the airport.

Then when you meet up, scan your Magic Bands for DME, and get a ride back.

Another suggestion, it sounds like you are arriving at the Fort that day. For a moderately priced dinner after setting up try Picabu's at the Dolphin. It's a buffeteria with reasonable prices. You and the rest of your family can have dinner there, then you can get on Mears, and your family can head back to the Fort.