Best DAY to check in when making a request?

HI!  I'm new to Fort Fiends and am so glad I found you guys!  We're just now making plans for 2016 and are looking at a preferred loop (100 or 200), something really close to Crockett's Tavern, etc.  As we began to do research on sites within the loops, something occurred to us.  Does it increase your odds of getting a specific site based on the day of the week you check in?  Are there better days than others to get a site you want?  We originally were set to check in on Saturday but realized it might be full during the weekend -- so would it be wise to check in on a weekDAY?  When do most people check out?

Just curious.  I know nothing is guaranteed when making any request, but it seems like the odds could be greater if you work with the check in/check out nature of things.  What do you guys do?

Thanks!  I'm totally new here!

Welcome.

Typically with hotels, most people leave on a Friday or Saturday, and most check in on a Sunday.

We have had good luck getting sites we like by arriving at the Fort on a Friday.  It's usually in the afternoon because we get our granddaughter out of school early then have about an 1 1/2 hour drive.

Welcome.

Typically with hotels, most people leave on a Friday or Saturday, and most check in on a Sunday.

We have had good luck getting sites we like by arriving at the Fort on a Friday.  It's usually in the afternoon because we get our granddaughter out of school early then have about an 1 1/2 hour drive.

See, and we almost always check in on a Friday or Saturday and check out on a Sunday. I really think it varies. 

The the OP, I've checked in on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. I've gotten my request granted every time except for once when a loop was closed. 

Welcome!

These days many weekends tend to be booked up solid at the Fort, which can make Sundays a big check out day. That could make Sunday afternoon a good time to check in. 

That said, holidays - particularly holiday weekends - can throw a monkey wrench into things.  Last year we were there Thanksgiving week and the Fort didn't empty out until the following Monday-Tuesday.

We used to arrive on a Sunday and always got our pick of sites.

Then we started getting there on Friday morning and it's been hit or miss and we've been told "we're all sold out."  We book "Preferred Pet" and at least end up in the loop we wanted (since 300 is the only preferred pet), except for one time when they assigned us one we really couldn't fit into and gave us an upgrade from Preferred to Premium.

Welcome, LA Rivers.

My $.02 is that there are too many variables to say that any particular day of the week is best for check in. 

One thing a lot of folks don't factor in is that the Fort management takes advantage of slower times to shut down loops or portions of loops for maintenance issues.  So, you actually might have better luck arriving at a busy time, when everything is open and available.

Don't overthink it or stress about what site you want.  It has been said many times that there are very few bad sites at the Fort, and what appeals to some folks doesn't appeal to others.

TCD