No interest in planning my fast passes

I also found one time I didn't use my FP+ I had reserved, but went into the park later that day, and went to a kiosk to see what would be available. It wouldn't let me get any more FP until I had cancelled those even though the time had expired. I couldn't cancel them from the kiosk, had to use the App, and couldn't get the app to work.

So if you don't have a smart phone you are SOL? Fun

I guess I'm SOL too. I severely restrict what applications are on my phone and what they can access (like location setting). No way am I paying Disney for more of my personal information and habits. Let them glean the information the old fashioned way by having to work for it.

As far as no shows for FP+ goes I think they allow for no shows in the system.  I rarely go through a FP+ queue that doesn't have a line.  In fact I think the FP+ lines are longer than they have ever been.  So think how bad it would be if everyone showed up.  

As far as no shows for FP+ goes I think they allow for no shows in the system.  I rarely go through a FP+ queue that doesn't have a line.  In fact I think the FP+ lines are longer than they have ever been.  So think how bad it would be if everyone showed up.  

Absolutely true.

Back in the days of paper FP's, did you ever have to wait in a line outside of Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain to use your FP?

Now, they have CM's stationed outside of those (and other) attractions with signs to tell guests where to stand in line so they can skip the line.

It's really magical.

TCD

We haven't been since Nov. 2013 when they were still under the dual FP system (the good old days). I'm the queen of crappy phones so we didn't have a smart phone to use but my son had his ipod touch with wifi and was able to use that with the MDE app. to change our times (the good old days).  Just a thought for people who don't have phones or don't want to drain the battery and happen to have an old ipod touch around.

Absolutely true.

Back in the days of paper FP's, did you ever have to wait in a line outside of Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain to use your FP?

Now, they have CM's stationed outside of those (and other) attractions with signs to tell guests where to stand in line so they can skip the line.

It's really magical.

TCD

It was about 5+ years ago when we had our previous AP's.  At that time they were just starting? the paper Fast Passes.  I remember we were in the regular line for Peter Pan, and weren't moving because they were letting so many FP users go thru. We climbed over the chains and left the ride.

Personally, I think that was the beginning of the downfall of Disney, creating 2 tiers of patrons.  Whether the passes are free or not, letting people get on rides faster because they did something extra to allow it stinks. If they went back to just general lines and everyone waited the same amount, I think overall people would be happier.  They wouldn't have to stress6 months out about planning what time they were going to go on a ride, and running back and forth across the park to get from one pass to the next.

I know Disney did it to "enhance" the visitors experience....hah!.. They did it to get some guests out of lines quicker so they can shop more and get hungry and thirsty running back and forth.

I know Disney did it to "enhance" the visitors experience....hah!.. They did it to get some guests out of lines quicker so they can shop more and get hungry and thirsty running back and forth.

Correct.  It also allows them to hide the fact that there are not enough quality attractions at two of the parks to justify the prices they charge.  By issuing 3 FP+'s to each guest for attractions that historically had no need for FP, they have pushed ridership (and increased wait times) on attractions that used to have very low ridership.

I wonder what it would be like if there were no fast passes again? I really don't remember before fast passes.

I had very little park experience before FP's came along, so I don't know.  I do know that we had mastered the paper FP system, and it worked great for us.

TCD

I wonder what it would be like if there were no fast passes again? I really don't remember before fast passes.

Low low gate prices, and pay as you go to the attractions.

Hey, they could load ride tickets onto the Tragic Bands, and you just scan the glowing ball to get on your ride or attraction.

We have done very few rides since we got our seasonal passes back in February.  It's been too crowded so we spend a lot of time just walking around (and getting run into).

I wish they did go back to a gate admission and charge for rides.  That way us older folks who don't do a lot of rides wouldn't have to pay so much.

My recollection when we used to go with the kids to the MK the long waits were about an hour. Our kids were in year round school and we had our breaks in September and January after the other kids were back in school. For our trip this last October the wait times were similar with the longest being about an hour. The one thing I did notice is the lower level rides seemed to have longer lines than I remember so FP's might actually be helping to distribute the people by backing up the main attractions to the point people don't want to wait. It could also be due to more people so take what I say for what it is worth.

My recollection when we used to go with the kids to the MK the long waits were about an hour. Our kids were in year round school and we had our breaks in September and January after the other kids were back in school. For our trip this last October the wait times were similar with the longest being about an hour. The one thing I did notice is the lower level rides seemed to have longer lines than I remember so FP's might actually be helping to distribute the people by backing up the main attractions to the point people don't want to wait. It could also be due to more people so take what I say for what it is worth.

The other thing that's happening, is they are giving people FP+'s for things that used to be walk-ons and never had FP's to begin with- like Spaceship Earth, or Small World.  Those FP+ go first, which creates a standby line where there never was one before.

TCD

If you have multiple people linked together for Passes, and some of them don't show up, my daughter says it screws up everyone elses chances of getting more passes when they use the initial 3.

I also found one time I didn't use my FP+ I had reserved, but went into the park later that day, and went to a kiosk to see what would be available. It wouldn't let me get any more FP until I had cancelled those even though the time had expired. I couldn't cancel them from the kiosk, had to use the App, and couldn't get the app to work.

I was thinking about these two comments.

In the early days of FP+ testing, and before they started the 4th FP fraud, you could change a FP+ that you missed to a later time or to another attraction, even after your return time expired.

Has that changed?

TCD

Have no idea, but I've tried all evening to look for FP for tomorrow, on the app, and it keeps giving me an error message saying we have to use a kiosk for more FP for today

For giggles I just looked online and was able to grab Mine Train, Space Mtn and Big Thunder for tomorrow.

Seems the problem is only with the app??