New Luggage Tags Shipping with Magic Bands

From Chip & Co...

New Luggage Tags to be Shipped with MagicBands

August 26, 2015 by Maria

new-disney-luggage-tags-600x421.png

These are so cute! Starting with reservations arriving on Sept. 29, 2015, most Guests booked on a Walt Disney Travel Company package at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will receive their luggage tags in the same box as their MagicBands.

These new luggage tags feature 7 unique designs each in a color that will correspond to the Guests’ MagicBand. If Guests have not customized their MagicBand color, they will receive a luggage tag in the iconic grey color to match their MagicBand.

The delivery method will vary depending on when your reservation was booked and whether you have customized your MagicBands.

Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests will receive their items as follows:

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 10+ days prior to arrival will receive their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at home.
  • Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.

Please note Guests staying at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Downtown Disney Area Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando and Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels will continue to receive luggage tags with Guest documents.

http://www.chipandco.com/luggage-tags-shipped-magicbands-218147/

What about international guests who can't get their Magic Bands shipped to them and have to pick them up when they arrive?  

Based on this:

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 10+ days prior to arrival will receive their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at home.
  • Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.

Should I assume that there will be luggage tags in the box when we get there?

What about international guests who can't get their Magic Bands shipped to them and have to pick them up when they arrive?  

Based on this:

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 10+ days prior to arrival will receive their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at home.
  • Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.

It sounds like you'd be covered under the 2nd and 3rd bullet points.

But, also note that the announcement specifically says that this is for "Guests booked on a Walt Disney Travel Company package."

I think that means guests with "room only" reservations would be excluded. 

TCD

I actually don't like them. It's the way the characters are made, I think they look arrogant.

When I first saw the picture I actually did a double-take to make sure this was legit because of the artwork.  I know from time to time Disney does a stylized departure on the characters, but I hadn't seen this particular version before. Donald, Daisy and Pluto do look like they've got some major attitude going on... or need more fiber in their diets.  8)

When I first saw the picture I actually did a double-take to make sure this was legit because of the artwork.  I know from time to time Disney does a stylized departure on the characters, but I hadn't seen this particular version before. Donald, Daisy and Pluto do look like they've got some major attitude going on... or need more fiber in their diets.  B)

They are the drawings of the new shorts on Disney channel, not a fan of these renditions either.

Best Regards,

Norm

But, also note that the announcement specifically says that this is for "Guests booked on a Walt Disney Travel Company package."

TCD

Oh - I suspect you're right - we only book the room/campsite - so we will be excluded.  Thanks TCD I didn't read the "fine print"

• 3 weeks later...

TCD

Correct Room Only would not get these just as they did not receive the old ones. 

Based on this:

International customers that do have packages will receive them at check in with their magic bands.