On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:46 PM, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

A-HA!  The latest TCD list corresponds to my experience with the missing channels all having HD in their titles, and the upper channels having SD in THEIR titles.

Now, at River Plantation (Sevierville TN)  one of my TVs searches and finds all analog stations and the other finds only digital stations.  About 60 similar or equal stations in each set, except a few of the analog stations are snowy.  "Discuss among yourselves."

So, do you think the problem is your TV?  Why would it not pick up the HD channels at Disney?

Or, does everyone need one of the cable boxes you can check out from the Trading Post?

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:24 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

When we were at the fort last fall, we could receive maybe 20% of the channels on the list.  Hope that changes.

Just like I asked Ken, I wonder if the issue is your TV?

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, djsamuel said:

We are at the Fort right now. As far as I have experienced so far, all of the channels are there now.

Did you pick them all up on a digital TV, or did you have to use one of the cable boxes?

I am trying to figure out why some people seem to only get some of the channels.

TCD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the line up   DISNEY DISNEY ESPN ABC DISNEY ESPN10 ABC FAMILY DISNEY ABC ALASKA ABC TAIWAN DISNEY ABC FAMILY AGAIN ESPN 3 ESPN SPANISH ESPN FARSI MORE DISNEY SOMETHING YOU DON'T NEED TO WATCH B

Oy vey.   Why can't the Fort have the same channel lineup as the other resorts?   TCD

The heart of it is probably the programming providers digital process. Here at home, even our secondary TVs now require a small box to get the programming provided by our cable company. No more "just

We have a digital television and could not receive all of the channels during the full visit. We received all of the Disney channels all of the time. When we first got there we were able to see all of the available channels but the following day some just disappeared and never returned. Then randomly we would have the various channels that were left come and go. It is possible that these were HD channels that were encrypted so the only way to receive them would be with a box and the only reason we got them originally was due to some system problem (or dumb luck). It is also possible they were working on the system at the time and we just caught the results of that work. I didn't bother trying to figure out why as we were out and about a lot and I had a cable modem so I could watch the local weather through the local channel news streams.

I get all the channels that are on the most recent list you just posted, and maybe one or two more. IN ADDITION, when scanning in the channels, some more scan in, that are NOT on the list you posted, but when you scroll to them, I get "No Signal" on my small TV inside, and sound only on our larger TV we sometimes put outside.

To me it seems Disney has blocked those channels, but for some reason, digital TVs think they are still there when scanning.

16 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Did you pick them all up on a digital TV, or did you have to use one of the cable boxes?

I am trying to figure out why some people seem to only get some of the channels.

TCD

We picked them up on a digital TV, no box.  A few months ago, when we were setting up at the Fort, I noticed someone took the receptacle for the TV so I couldn't hook up.  I called the Outpost and they sent someone out.  He said he'd check to make sure it was working and he opened a case with a small TV in it.  It happened to be the same brand as the TV in my camper, one neither of us had heard of before.  He said that I shouldn't have any problem, but they were working on some issues where some digital TVs cannot pick up all of the stations.  He said it seemed to be based on the design of the tuner; some were fully compatible with the system and some weren't.  Now that the channels seem to be set in stone and the listing printed, hopefully they improved those issues as well.

38 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

He said it seemed to be based on the design of the tuner; some were fully compatible with the system and some weren't.  Now that the channels seem to be set in stone and the listing printed, hopefully they improved those issues as well.

I have a cousin in the audio/video business (he sells to TV stations etc).  We discussed this issue a while back and he said there are two different signal configurations for HD, like mp3 or mp4 or some such and not all TVs will pick up both. So depending on what DIS is using and your TV you may not get all the channels.

12 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I get all the channels that are on the most recent list you just posted, and maybe one or two more. IN ADDITION, when scanning in the channels, some more scan in, that are NOT on the list you posted, but when you scroll to them, I get "No Signal" on my small TV inside, and sound only on our larger TV we sometimes put outside.

To me it seems Disney has blocked those channels, but for some reason, digital TVs think they are still there when scanning.

Thanks, Carol.  Even using the cable box from the Fort, there are a lot of channels that are "tuned in" to the box, as it stops at those channels when scrolling, but there is no signal.  There was a message displayed on these channels that mentioned something about an HDMI connection. 
The cable boxes do have an HDMI connection, but I didn't have a cord, and the TV I use in the camper is so old that it doesn't have an HDMI connection.  On a future trip, I plan to bring a newer TV and an HDMI cord, and see what happens.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

We picked them up on a digital TV, no box.  A few months ago, when we were setting up at the Fort, I noticed someone took the receptacle for the TV so I couldn't hook up.  I called the Outpost and they sent someone out.  He said he'd check to make sure it was working and he opened a case with a small TV in it.  It happened to be the same brand as the TV in my camper, one neither of us had heard of before.  He said that I shouldn't have any problem, but they were working on some issues where some digital TVs cannot pick up all of the stations.  He said it seemed to be based on the design of the tuner; some were fully compatible with the system and some weren't.  Now that the channels seem to be set in stone and the listing printed, hopefully they improved those issues as well.

Thanks for sharing this information.  I agree with what you're saying- they have been working on the cable/internet issue for a long time, and things have been a bit different each time I have visited as a result.

I agree that the printed channel list is a sign that the work may finally be done, and things have settled.

41 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I have a cousin in the audio/video business (he sells to TV stations etc).  We discussed this issue a while back and he said there are two different signal configurations for HD, like mp3 or mp4 or some such and not all TVs will pick up both. So depending on what DIS is using and your TV you may not get all the channels.

That seems to be what is happening- and note that the printed channel line-up does make a distinction as to the source of the signal.  I imagine that this will all eventually sort itself out.

For now, it's fine for me.  Truth is, we don't watch very much TV while at the Fort, so it isn't a big issue for me.

TCD

So I don't think there is anything wrong with my TV(s).  It's just a matter of what Disney is carrying on their cable.  Why my sets scan in those middle channels, complete with station identifier and HD, but then shows No Signal when I tune to them, I have no idea.  I can live with that.  But why is there no SEC network????  Fortunately almost all bowl games are carried on ESPN during the time we are usually at the Fort, but for those interested in Softball and baseball tournaments, which are going now/soon, good luck.

Jen, Are you in Starkville?

• 2 months later...