Hocus Pocus Merchandise Sept 21-27

Here's a link to the article about the new merchandise, not a link to the store.

Some comments said items are already sold out, then some comments said they are listed again.

Site might be having issues... ya think?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/hocus-pocus-inspired-apparel-coming-to-disney-parks-online-store-from-september21-27-2015/

Not sure how it's a thing.  The movie was fun but it's also over 20 years old.

Unless they're thinking of a remake??

Hocus Pocus Is Getting A Sequel After All! But Not In The Way You'd Imagine…

Disney World is about to put a spell on you!

13reactions

It seems like every year around mid-October, '80s and '90s kids start talking about one thing and one thing only…

31reactions

No, not HalloweenHocus Pocus!

17reactions

The Disney cult classic is always rumored to be getting a sequel, but this year, it's finally happening!

21reactions

That's because a live stage show version of the Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy movie is coming to Disney World this Fall.

22reactions

[ Related: Bette Midler Responds To The Josh Duggar Molestation Scandal ]

11reactions

While the movie isn't getting remade into a complete musical, the Sanderson Sisters are set to team up with other Disney villains like Cruella de Vil, Captain Hook, and Jafar to scare up some fun for the park's annual haunted show.

20reactions

We're pretty okay with news, actually, because we have a feeling that the addition of the witches might be a way for the House of Mouse to see if there really is interest in a Hocus Pocus 2!

And let us just tell you… there is!!!

===================================================================

‘Hocus Pocus 2’ Hinted At During Bette Midler Concert; Could Sequel Be On The Way?

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, is there a “Hocus Pocus 2” in the works? If star Bette Midler has anything to say about it, there will be! The singer recently voiced her support of bringing the cult Disney film back to life with a sequel. 

During a concert in Phoenix, Arizona, Broadway World wrote that Bette Midler broke out her witch’s robes and performed as her “Hocus Pocus” character, Winifred Sanderson. In the middle of her rendition of “I Put A Spell On You,” the actress added a line of her own: “I’m ready for my sequel, Mr. Disney.” 

Last year, Cinemablend reported Midler’s witchy co-stars, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, also expressed their interest in flying high on substitute brooms. During a Reddit AMA, Bette Midler urged fans of the original film to petition for “Hocus Pocus 2.”

“I have canvassed the girls and they are willing to do it, but we have no say in it, so if you want a 'Hocus Pocus 2,' ask the Walt Disney Company,” she wrote (via Cinemablend). Midler, Parker and Najimy played the cursed Sanderson sisters, who feasted on the youth of children to remain immortal in the 1993 film.

Although originally a lukewarm success back in its original theatrical run, “Hocus Pocus” found an audience through home video and repeated cable airings around the appropriate Halloween holiday. The film has enjoyed such resurgence, Entertainment Weekly reports fans can check out a stage show version at Disney World this fall during the park’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party.

As for “Hocus Pocus 2,” no official word has yet to materialize. Perhaps Halloween would be the most magical time to announce the Sanderson sisters’ return to the present day, 23 years after the events of the first film.  

=================================================================================

This one goes with a different cast/plot, just the name in common and it's a year old.

Updated: Hocus Pocus 2: Rise of the Elderwitch Official

2 July 2014 11:48 AM, PDT | DreadCentral.com | See recent Dread Central news »

Well then. We cannot say that we saw this one coming. The Tracking Board is reporting that a sequel to the Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy comedic witch flick from 1993, Hocus Pocus, is officially on its way. Read on for the first details.

This new Hocus Pocus will focus (see what I did there?) "on a witch hunter who teams up with a magical housewife to stop a power-hungry evil witch.”

The original cast is not likely to be coming back. Allison Shearmur Productions has signed to produce Hocus Pocus 2: Rise of the Elderwitch. Tendo Nagenda and Jessica Virtue are executive producing at Disney.

The aim for the two protagonist female leads is in the vein of Tina Fey and Melissa McCarthy. While the original film dealt with three witch-sisters coming back on Halloween night, this story seems to focus on drawing different people together to fight a common evil.

It is a good movie, and the new show for the party is getting good reviews.  It just seems kind of random that the characters and merchandise are suddenly showing up in the parks now.  I'd have thought they would have trotted them out for MNSSHP ages ago.

The show was very good, actress's  looked like the movie characters ( at least from a distance), story line was good, Oogie Boogie was fantastic.

I would like to see it again (without having to balance my granddaughter so she could see).

Lots of singing, dancing and good lighting.

The show was very good, actress's  looked like the movie characters ( at least from a distance), story line was good, Oogie Boogie was fantastic.

I would like to see it again (without having to balance my granddaughter so she could see).

Lots of singing, dancing and good lighting.

Wait.

Are you saying there was no snowman?

No college girls in bad wigs trying to sing?

No bad acting?

Interesting.

This show sounds pretty good.

TCD

Wait.

No bad acting?

Interesting.

TCD

We hadn't see any of the Frozen shows (I'm sooo sad).

But of the shows we've seen at Disney, Busch, SeaWorld (though the SeaWorld parody show was fantastic) I think this one was very well done and the best by far.

It's such a good movie it should be watched every month!

No, I wait until December.

Shouldn't it start showing on a loop on TNT sometime soon??  8)

Wait.

No bad acting?

Interesting.

TCD

Just based on that synopsis alone, I'd say it was the best. show. EVAH. ...and I haven't even watched the videos yet.