Thanks. I've got 50,000 worth of credit card miles that will expire at the end of this month and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I could buy $300-$350 worth of groupon gift cards. But I don't think I could eat that many sammichea.

Ray,

Check the details of that airline's rules.  Most just require "activity" in the account, so if you make a minimal mile purchase like a magazine or one gift card the other miles are active and protected for the next time period, like 18 months.  I don't think you have to use them all.

************On Edit

I just noticed the "credit card" miles, not actual airline miles.  Again, check  the details, you may be able to do something minimal to protect them.

Thanks. I've got 50,000 worth of credit card miles that will expire at the end of this month and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I could buy $300-$350 worth of groupon gift cards. But I don't think I could eat that many sammichea.

Can you use them to purchase gift cards somewhere that sells Disney GCs like Target or BJs or CVS?

Ray,

Check the details of that airline's rules. Most just require "activity" in the account, so if you make a minimal mile purchase like a magazine or one gift card the other miles are active and protected for the next time period, like 18 months. I don't think you have to use them all.

************On Edit

I just noticed the "credit card" miles, not actual airline miles. Again, check the details, you may be able to do something minimal to protect them.

It's actually a Bank of America CC. Elite rewards. BOA is not using elite rewards anymore. So if I don't use them I lose them.