Based on the advice here, we were planning on booking a site via fax, five days before we checked in.  When we went on to do some Disney Planning tonight, we were given the option of checking in on-line, with the option of selecting loops.  Has anyone used this on-line check in service, and how well does it work?  Should we still fax in information afterwards?

It wouldn't hurt to do both. Most of the time I do check in online but there have been times I havent, I don't see were it really saves any time but it doesn't hurt either.

Neither will guarantee you get the site or loop you requested. They do their best however to meet requests when able. It will all depend on how busy they are at the time.

If you don't like the loop or site they put you in you can always request another.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We checked in today. Did online check-in weeks ago, faxed a site request a week ago. Got our first pick site. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh... praying that works for us!  Especially since I'm the one, backing in the trailer (Tom will join us a day later).

• 7 months later...

Trying to decide if I should do the on line check in.

Already faxed in our site requests.

Now here's my big question.  Do they charge your credit card at the time you do the on line check in?  I did it once, and I thought that they did, but I think someone else had posted that their card wasn't charged until the morning of check out.

I have some gift cards I want to use for the site payment.

We use online checkin and the credit card on file gets charged. The day before we leave we go to the concierge at the Outpost and have them back out the credit card charge and then charge the balance due to the gift card (we consolidate all of the gift cards to one card).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, CampMode said:

We use online checkin and the credit card on file gets charged. The day before we leave we go to the concierge at the Outpost and have them back out the credit card charge and then charge the balance due to the gift card (we consolidate all of the gift cards to one card).

This seems complicated.

Why not just wait and use the gift cards when you check in, and save yourself a trip to the front desk at the end of your trip?

When I've had things charged to my credit card by Disney, and had the charge reversed, it has taken at least 7 days for the credit to show up.

I like to pay cash when I can, and found out the hard way that it's too late to pay cash at check-in if you use on-line check in.

Since there is no dedicated on-line check-in lane at Fort Wilderness, there really is no advantage to using on-line check in.

TCD

I've used the online check in 3 times.. The first time it was great they sent me a text before I arrived with my site #, I entered through the overflow parking gate with my magic band and went straight to my site... never had to mess with the guard or the check in lanes.

The other 2 times they never sent me a text so I had to call on the way to the fort to get my site # and then again entered through the overflow parking gate with magic band and straight to my site..

To me it was a lot faster not having to mess with the guard and the check in lanes..  

4 minutes ago, DaddysCoolTV said:

I've used the online check in 3 times.. The first time it was great they sent me a text before I arrived with my site #, I entered through the overflow parking gate with my magic band and went straight to my site... never had to mess with the guard or the check in lanes.

The other 2 times they never sent me a text so I had to call on the way to the fort to get my site # and then again entered through the overflow parking gate with magic band and straight to my site..

To me it was a lot faster not having to mess with the guard and the check in lanes..  

You're the first person I've heard of to get a text message with site number.  I use the online check in every time I go, but have never been lucky enough to get that (as long as it is a site I want).  

You should have played the lottery! :lol:

So I got an email from Disney saying to go ahead and do the online check in.

Based on the above stories that I may or may not get a nifty text that my site is ready and to come on down, I thought I'd give it a try.

So I did my loop choice (1500), arrival time of 10, check out at 1 and filled in my cell phone #.

There was a red notice by the credit card part, but I ignored it and clicked submit figuring since red means stop it wouldn't go thru.

It did?   So I quickly went back in to see what the red was.  It just wanted a confirmation of my card on file.  I noticed it was my older debit card that had gotten compromised and was inactive but still had a good expiration date, so as an experiment I left it in there.

So, if they try to charge my site, it shouldn't go thru, and I'll be able to present my gift cards at check in.

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

So I got an email from Disney saying to go ahead and do the online check in.

Based on the above stories that I may or may not get a nifty text that my site is ready and to come on down, I thought I'd give it a try.

So I did my loop choice (1500), arrival time of 10, check out at 1 and filled in my cell phone #.

There was a red notice by the credit card part, but I ignored it and clicked submit figuring since red means stop it wouldn't go thru.

It did?   So I quickly went back in to see what the red was.  It just wanted a confirmation of my card on file.  I noticed it was my older debit card that had gotten compromised and was inactive but still had a good expiration date, so as an experiment I left it in there.

So, if they try to charge my site, it shouldn't go thru, and I'll be able to present my gift cards at check in.

But, there's no way they're going to text you your site number until they have your payment. 

TCD

I always pay in full before i get there, for example when i booked Halloween last year i paid for 1 ( as you normally would) of the 4 nights at the time of the reservation, I just paid for 2.5 more nights
were 14X days out and all i owe is $50 still and ill take care of that next month, to me its nice to go on vacation and have no bills waiting for you
once I do have the final payment made, that $ i was using monthly now goes to a separate account as spending money while I am there

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

But, there's no way they're going to text you your site number until they have your payment. 

TCD

But , but, I want Disney Magic! :angry:

It's no big deal if they do or don't.  I would figure that if they run the card and it doesn't go thru I would get a call or email from them asking if I had a problem with my card.

It was more of an experiment than anything, since I would need to stop at check in anyway to give them the GCs.

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But , but, I want Disney Magic! :angry:

It's no big deal if they do or don't.  I would figure that if they run the card and it doesn't go thru I would get a call or email from them asking if I had a problem with my card.

It was more of an experiment than anything, since I would need to stop at check in anyway to give them the GCs.

I like experiments.

Please report back and let us know what happens.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo for seasoned FORT FIENDS..... what was the final deliberation.... do you do online checkin? Or don't mess with it? We will be checking in, in 6 days, staying for 2 weeks. I've faxed my loop requests--and was just wondering what do you like to do? Or do you honestly think it doesn't matter at all?

I do online checkin, not for the time it saves, but to keep my credit card put away. I put my credit card in their system online, I use room charging, and purchase gas cards at home for the drive so that my credit card has as little exposure as possible out and about while on vacation.

We've done it the last several trips.  We also fax our site requests.  I'm not sure if or how one really effects the other as we're about 50/50 on getting our specifically requested site in that time, but we also typically check-in on a Friday and I think that works against us sometimes more than anything.

Online check-in does seem to speed the check-in process up nicely - unless you're assigned a site you don't want or can't fit in and you have to go through the process of picking something else (if possible).