When does the Liberty Tree Tavern Reopen??

They are pushing to have it open by Thanksgiving. However, the schedule is tight because they ran into several unexpected issues. The buildings are getting old and over time changes were made and not all.of them made it into the plans. So they hit things they didn't know they'd hit, etc.

I was just reading on another site that the Liberty Tree is scheduled to re-open on 11/19.  

http://nsideoutwdw.freeforums.net/post/5851/thread

Disney's Dining website notes an opening of 11/20....but it seems their internal guidance suggests a day earlier.  Either way, I can't believe they won't get the most "Thanksgivingy" restaurant in WDW open for Thanksgiving.  

• 2 weeks later...

While possibly not as accurate as the site DIT linked above, the folks at WDWMAGIC are reporting that the Liberty Tree Tavern won't open until November 24:

The Magic Kingdom's Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant will be closed for a few days longer than original expected.

Previously planned to reopen to guests on November 21, the latest reopening date moves back a few days to November 24 2015.

The Liberty Square restaurant has been closed since July for a major refurbishment linked to the opening of the nearby Jungle Cruise Skippers Canteen.

Reservations are not expected to become available until the restaurant reopens.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/liberty-tree-tavern/news/16nov2015-liberty-tree-tavern-refurbishment-extended.htm

TCD

On a facebook group, someone said that they had reservations on Thanksgiving Day.  Before this point, I was calling almost daily and was told over and over that they were not taking reservations for November or December until they were certain of an opening date.  So after the person on facebook said they definitely had the reservation, I called back in a series of bizarre contact with Disney Days.  The person I talked to this time said sure we have been taking reservations for at least a month for Liberty Tree.  I was furious since I had literally called daily for a while checking.  What is the truth?  Who the heck knows?  I just hope that I could actually snag that reservation.  I currently have Whispering Canyon, but I have never eaten at Liberty Tree. 

The strangeness was when I tried to renew annual passes, and the website wouldnt work (not shocking), so I called and they all seemed so uneducated about the passes.  They were asking me questions.  Then MDE also went down and caused me major drama.  Needless to say I was pretty ticked by the time I talked to the cast member who says, sure we have been taking reservations for a month...ugh!  Anyway, I am excited to be there regardless.

On a facebook group, someone said that they had reservations on Thanksgiving Day.  Before this point, I was calling almost daily and was told over and over that they were not taking reservations for November or December until they were certain of an opening date.  So after the person on facebook said they definitely had the reservation, I called back in a series of bizarre contact with Disney Days.  The person I talked to this time said sure we have been taking reservations for at least a month for Liberty Tree.  I was furious since I had literally called daily for a while checking.  What is the truth?  Who the heck knows?  I just hope that I could actually snag that reservation.  I currently have Whispering Canyon, but I have never eaten at Liberty Tree. 

The strangeness was when I tried to renew annual passes, and the website wouldnt work (not shocking), so I called and they all seemed so uneducated about the passes.  They were asking me questions.  Then MDE also went down and caused me major drama.  Needless to say I was pretty ticked by the time I talked to the cast member who says, sure we have been taking reservations for a month...ugh!  Anyway, I am excited to be there regardless.

Dealing with Disney can certainly be frustrating- especially with the poorly trained folks they use to answer their phones.

I would not necessarily believe what one of those phone CM's told you about reservations being open for a month.  That is contrary to every reliable source of information.  And that person on FP may be one of those trolls who get a kick out of posting false information just to get a reaction, or might just be stupid, or both.

TCD

I do know they accepted reservations for Thanksgiving a while back. Not sure if it for how many days before that but I had a client ask for Thanksgiving and was able to get it.

By a "while back," I assume you mean more that a month ago.  The CM told FEARtheEERs that they had been taking reservations for "at least a month," which I would interpret as meaning in the most recent past 30+ days.  I would guess that all full service restaurants in the parks are fully booked for Thanksgiving Day at the 180 day mark.

TCD

I'm reading in a couple of other usually reliable places that the opening has been pushed back to 11/24 also.

If true, and an indicator that there are some hiccups in the refurb, that could be why reservations haven't opened up yet.

Anyone know if they're delaying it, hoping to get the Skipper Canteen open as well before the holidays? I've heard that the soft opening for SC was the 21st also, but I'm assuming that will get pushed back as well.

I won't complain too much, because I feel like Whispering Canyon will be great as well.  I just don't like misinformation.  One would think that a company like Disney would have easily accessible notes for the cast members to pull up so that all guests get the same information on things like dining and tickets.  Different answers all the times is insane.  Maybe I should go ask the talking Mickey.  :)