Disney dropped a huge bomb buried in the text of this "exciting" blog post today: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/11/disneys-hollywood-studios-to-debut-new-star-wars-experiences-in-december/

You heard about it first during the 2015 D23 EXPO, and now we’re excited to share more details. Very soon, guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have the opportunity to experience Star Wars in the park in an all-new way – every day! New experiences will open starting Dec. 1, bringing that galaxy far, far away, a little bit closer.

Star Wars Launch Bay will take guests into the Star Wars saga and the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, special merchandise and opportunities to encounter Chewbacca and Darth Vader.

ser234877-613x345.jpg

Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will be home to a brand new adventure inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. During the opening months, we’ll make sure that everyone who rides Star Tours will experience the new adventure. After that, it will be up to the will of the Force. Here’s a sneak peek of where the Starspeeder 1000 will be taking us.

We also have new information about “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi.” It will feature scenes from the complete Star Wars saga, also giving anyone new to the Star Wars galaxy an opportunity to get acquainted with the films.

Last, but certainly not least, is Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, which will open in early December. This reimagined Jedi Training experience will take younglings to the secret site of an ancient Jedi temple where they will face Darth Vader along with the Seventh Sister – a new villain from the Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”

And work begins next year on the 14-acre Star Wars-themed land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With construction underway, unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer Star Wars Weekends. While Star Wars Weekends has been a great way to enjoy the saga for a few days every year, now the Force will be with Disney’s Hollywood Studios every day.

With Star Wars Launch Bay, the new Jedi Training experience, “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi” and a new destination in the Star Tours attraction opening in December, you’ll be able to step into the Star Wars saga every time you visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

That SMB!

TCD

???

Why would construction block Star Wars Weekends?

Isn't where the Launch Bay is going to be opening on the opposite side of the park from Star Tours?

Couldn't they just shift things over that way?

Plus, it was more of an entire park event, nothing really concentrated in one area, except for the Watto's Grotto shops.

On a side note, has anyone been to those lately?

We went on our Halloween trip.  They connected the 2 stores into one big one, cleaned them up, got rid of a lot of merchandise, and made it look like a high end $$$$ boutique.

Maybe they are just tired of paying the people to come on the weekends, which is a big draw for the diehards who love to come and see them.  Just MHO of course.

I know they are sinking a bundle into the new stuff, but it wouldn't have killed them to keep the weekends going until they completed the addition.  Come on guys, it SMB all the way here.

The Blog people should have given the regular Disney webmasters a head's up before they dropped the bomb. The main website still says that Star Wars Weekends are coming At least for now, it does:

star%20wars%20weekend.1_zps56a8riwj.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend/

TCD

They even hotlinked to it in the blog post.

They even hotlinked to it in the blog post.

But here's the out.....

Know Before You Go
Learn important details about Star Wars Weekends, costumes, event availability and more. Read More
Learn important details about Star Wars Weekends, costumes, event availability and more.

Remember that admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios is required. In addition, availability is limited for some events, which may be cancelled at any time. As spring 2016 approaches, be sure to check the weekend event map for up-to-the-minute information about entertainment and appearances.

But here's the out.....

Know Before You Go
Learn important details about Star Wars Weekends, costumes, event availability and more. Read More
Learn important details about Star Wars Weekends, costumes, event availability and more.

Remember that admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios is required. In addition, availability is limited for some events, which may be cancelled at any time. As spring 2016 approaches, be sure to check the weekend event map for up-to-the-minute information about entertainment and appearances.

They can do whatever they want anyway.

It's noteworthy that they used the word "summer" for when the Star Wars Weekends would begin, and to check back in the "spring."

In years past, SWW's were in the spring, not summer.  The reference to summer was probably a tip-off that changes were contemplated.

I am sure they've known this for a while.  It's interesting when they choose to announce things.  I guess they figured now was good since people are hyped up about the new movie, and they've got this other new stuff they slapped together real quick to placate the nerds fans.

One thing that bugs me through all of this is that it seems like Disney is being very deliberate in not letting the Florida parks have anything that they're not doing in Disneyland.  Like they're afraid the west coasters will revolt.  Why can't we get something unique and nice?  They have Cars Land.

TCD

If someone from 1977 were to show up in a time machine, they'd be shocked at how big Star Wars still is 38 years later.  I bet even George Lucas sometimes shakes his head and can't believe he became a multi-billionaire off of it.  

I don't need a time machine.  I'm shocked.  I remember going to see the original in 1977.  I only went because of the hype.  I thought it was pretty dumb.  I then saw one of the sequels.  And that was it for me until all these years later and my daughters and I visiting Star Wars Weekends.  That got us caught up in the hype.  I still don't understand it.

TCD

What will become of Linda Amidala Skywalker?

Oh man.

I didn't think about her:

lsky_zps1ts2fesw.jpg

I shed a tear just thinking about this.

Sure, she'll be around.

And so will the other nuts fans.

But it will never be the same.

And what about all those moms with Slave Leia outfits?

What are they supposed to do now?

TCD