Early Transportation

We have breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace (8:00am) before the park opens.  THe schedule says 9:00am opening.    What time do the Bay Lake loop boats start running?  We planned to ride over to the Toaster and walk.  We wanted to get into the park around 7:30 to get a few minutes to take pictures and enjoy the decorations without the crowds.  Given the time of year I am not sure if they allow you to park at the Contemporary.

Thanks

Hope "The Mouse" appreciates the sacrifice I am making.  I don't think the sun is even up that early.   :grumpy2:

I don't get up that early so I don't know what time the sun is up.  :o

Thanks !

Sunrise today at WDW was at 6:56 am.  It will be later each morning until December 22, and then will gradually rise earlier.

So, yeah, it will still be dark-ish at 6:45 am.  But, on the bright side, you will get to see a sunrise. 

Which everyone should do at least once at WDW.

TCD

I'm anti-sunrise.

I am very anti-sunrise, but my son started high school this year, which starts at 7:15, so I wake him up at 5:45. Horrible.  Yes, I know he's old enough to get up on his own, but a friend told me that's the only time you have to actually spend time with them when they reach that age.  I do usually nap after he leaves, though. :D

I am very anti-sunrise, but my son started high school this year, which starts at 7:15, so I wake him up at 5:45. Horrible.  Yes, I know he's old enough to get up on his own, but a friend told me that's the only time you have to actually spend time with them when they reach that age.  I do usually nap after he leaves, though. :D

When my kids were in school, we had them in magnet schools.  Because of the transportation issues, they were catching the bus at 6:05 at the end of the street, not even in front of the house.

Try getting elementary kids up and ready at 5:00.

When my kids were in school, we had them in magnet schools.  Because of the transportation issues, they were catching the bus at 6:05 at the end of the street, not even in front of the house.

Try getting elementary kids up and ready at 5:00.

Many of our elementary schools don't start until after 9AM. Of course the kids don't get home until 4:30-5:00 PM.

I'm more of a morning person so getting up doesn't bother me. It had its advantages when we were at the Fort as we could get out and around when things were still quiet.

My boys didn't have buses until high school because we were less than 5 miles from the schools. But once they started high school, they were first on, last off, so the bus came at 6:15. They rarely rode it home though because they had baseball after school practically every day. (Even in the fall, it was "conditioning")

We have breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace (8:00am) before the park opens.  THe schedule says 9:00am opening.    What time do the Bay Lake loop boats start running?  We planned to ride over to the Toaster and walk.  We wanted to get into the park around 7:30 to get a few minutes to take pictures and enjoy the decorations without the crowds.  Given the time of year I am not sure if they allow you to park at the Contemporary.

Thanks

You might want to go as early as possible, based on the pictures and comments in the Bag Check thread!

Sunrise in MK is beautiful.  Twice I have joined hubby as he drove from the Fort to Epcot for the marathon.  I rode the monorail to T&T and switched to go to the Contemporary, walked over and stood on Main Street until he ran by.  I am not a morning person, but I will have to say it was pretty special to be near the castle at sunrise.