A couple years ago TCD I saw you post a picture of a dishwasher with a tube running through the empty area behind the campers. It was in the 2000 loop. I think it was thanksgiving weekend. This week in our looping I found it again, if it's the same guy. They are now in the 1500 loop. So of course I had to stop and ask him what was up. He let me take a picture of the front of the site then took me for a tour. It was quite the set up. They have 3 refrigerators, 1 deep freeze freezer, and 1 kegerator. They also have two commercial griddles, and red commercial ovens. Yeah also have a warming station like a real restaraunt. They also have 4 coffee machines. Every morning they breakfast and dinner. They have a chalk board with a menu written of what's for the meals. They also have a hot water heater and huge washroom sink. They have a panel attached to the hot water heater and dishwasher cabinet. They also have a blow up movie screen. They do a movie every night and will be playing the fsu gator game on Saturday. They told us to feel free to come by for the game or any movies.

It is two brothers that over the years it started wi just the two brothers and family. It has now grown to 16 different campsites filled with people and then the 1 for he kitchen. They had more than 65 people for thanksgiving dinner yesterday. The last two years since they have hit this massive number Disney has put them on the 1500 loop. They say it's like they have there own private loop now, I guess there are only 21 sites on that loop and they have 17 of them. I didn't verify that, but the brothers told me that. They now invite whoever is camping on the loop not with there group to dinner and to partake in their activities. They set up a pay pal, and all the friends and family traveling with them pay a certain amount and the two brothers buy all the stuff. These brothers know how to do thanksgiving right. It started because one brother lives in boca and the other one moved to Jacksonville so this is how they decided to spend he holidays together. They' get here the week before thanksgiving and set up and spend brother time, and then stay till Tuesday. They start breaking down on Sunday. Everyone was super friendly and awesome to be around.

I told them they had won your real man of genius award. I couldn't believe they had never heard of TCD. Where have they been, living under a rock. So I told them about fortfiends and told them to watch out for that other board, lol. They were going to look this up when they got home. Hopefully we have some more fiends coming.

I thought it was illegal to dump grey water on the ground in Florida, trench or not?   :naughtywave:

Sure Fort management knows about this practice though, and looks the other way.  Or possibly I'm wrong and it's not illegal.  The managers of one of the largest campgrounds in the state surely must know more about the laws and regulations governing their business than some guy in Tennessee.  

I thought it was illegal to dump grey water on the ground in Florida, trench or not?   :naughtywave:

Sure Fort management knows about this practice though, and looks the other way.  Or possibly I'm wrong and it's not illegal.  The managers of one of the largest campgrounds in the state surely must know more about the laws and regulations governing their business than some guy in Tennessee.

Dave, what's the issue? If Jose can't see it from his lofty office window, it didn't happen ! :P

A couple years ago TCD I saw you post a picture of a dishwasher with a tube running through the empty area behind the campers. It was in the 2000 loop. I think it was thanksgiving weekend. This week in our looping I found it again, if it's the same guy. They are now in the 1500 loop. So of course I had to stop and ask him what was up. He let me take a picture of the front of the site then took me for a tour. It was quite the set up. They have 3 refrigerators, 1 deep freeze freezer, and 1 kegerator. They also have two commercial griddles, and red commercial ovens. Yeah also have a warming station like a real restaraunt. They also have 4 coffee machines. Every morning they breakfast and dinner. They have a chalk board with a menu written of what's for the meals. They also have a hot water heater and huge washroom sink. They have a panel attached to the hot water heater and dishwasher cabinet. They also have a blow up movie screen. They do a movie every night and will be playing the fsu gator game on Saturday. They told us to feel free to come by for the game or any movies.

It is two brothers that over the years it started wi just the two brothers and family. It has now grown to 16 different campsites filled with people and then the 1 for he kitchen. They had more than 65 people for thanksgiving dinner yesterday. The last two years since they have hit this massive number Disney has put them on the 1500 loop. They say it's like they have there own private loop now, I guess there are only 21 sites on that loop and they have 17 of them. I didn't verify that, but the brothers told me that. They now invite whoever is camping on the loop not with there group to dinner and to partake in their activities. They set up a pay pal, and all the friends and family traveling with them pay a certain amount and the two brothers buy all the stuff. These brothers know how to do thanksgiving right. It started because one brother lives in boca and the other one moved to Jacksonville so this is how they decided to spend he holidays together. They' get here the week before thanksgiving and set up and spend brother time, and then stay till Tuesday. They start breaking down on Sunday. Everyone was super friendly and awesome to be around.

Wow that is quite the setup and quite the endeavor!!!  

I told them they had won your real man of genius award. I couldn't believe they had never heard of TCD. Where have they been, living under a rock. So I told them about fortfiends and told them to watch out for that other board, lol. They were going to look this up when they got home. Hopefully we have some more fiends coming.

Awesome!!!  Thanks for getting and sharing that info, and doing some excellent Fort Fiends PR!  :)

TCD mentioned the full kitchen setup and dishwasher in this thread

Tent/Pop-up site and draining water...

Started by twiceblessed....nacole, Mar 23 2014 08:34 AM..

In it he said the group is usually in the 2000 loop the week of Thanksgiving, but like gooftroop posted, I guess the Fort let them take over the 1500 and banished everyone else to the 2000 loop.

Did a little more digging, picture on page 9 of this trip report

TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving @ The Fort 2012
Started by Tri-Circle-D, Nov 26 2012 11:44 AM

I don't have a way to copy it to this post at the moment.

Y'all will just have to find it your selves!

It's a shame that they don't have a group camping loop with utilities set aside for times like that.

The group camp area is nice, but it's pretty primitive.

The group area is taken over by the tee pees every thanksgiving.

I doubt this group would even consider the group area since there's no water/electric at the sites.

That's why the Fort should make a group/family loop with full utilities for large get-togethers instead of blocking out one of the two partial loops.

I've read in past posts that some church group takes over most of the 1500 at another time of the year for a dad/kid bonding experience.

You are correct Dave.  It is illegal in Florida to dispose of any wast water on the ground in Florida.

But if you dig a trench or a hole, is it "on the ground'? 

Look at septic tanks with their attached drain fields, they put plenty of waste water in the ground.

OK, on the ground is incorrectly quoting the statute.  Correctly it says you have to dispose of gray/black water into an approved sewage disposal system.  A properly constructed and inspected septic tank/drain-field would meet the definition, but an un-inspected trench with black pipe and a little pinestraw to hide it probably does not.

I'm not primarily knocking the dishwasher guys.  It's the selective enforcement, once again, that bothers me.  I don't know how many times over the years I've read of folks in popups that have to take their grey water to an unoccupied site with sewer or lug it to a comfort station to dispose of it.  Why doesn't Fort management simply advise them to dig a hole behind their site and dump it in?  They obviously don't have a problem with it.  

And furthermore, the typical popup camper generates little grey water, with basic dish soap and some food scraps.  An electric household dishwasher using a standard automatic dishwasher detergent such as Cascade dump many gallons of waste water per cycle including hazardous materials such as Sodium Hypochlorite, which is extremely toxic to aquatic environments (such as canals...).  So....I really don't understand why the Fort allows this year after year.  But I guarantee if I have one wheel of my vehicle off the concrete pad I'd get a nasty gram because I'm destroying the precious Fort environment.  

I'm not primarily knocking the dishwasher guys.  It's the selective enforcement, once again, that bothers me.  I don't know how many times over the years I've read of folks in popups that have to take their grey water to an unoccupied site with sewer or lug it to a comfort station to dispose of it.  Why doesn't Fort management simply advise them to dig a hole behind their site and dump it in?  They obviously don't have a problem with it.  

And furthermore, the typical popup camper generates little grey water, with basic dish soap and some food scraps.  An electric household dishwasher using a standard automatic dishwasher detergent such as Cascade dump many gallons of waste water per cycle including hazardous materials such as Sodium Hypochlorite, which is extremely toxic to aquatic environments (such as canals...).  So....I really don't understand why the Fort allows this year after year.  But I guarantee if I have one wheel of my vehicle off the concrete pad I'd get a nasty gram because I'm destroying the precious Fort environment.  

I'm totally surprised they allow such an operation, drain or not.  Maybe someone in the group knows the right people.

Not that I condone the practice, but "Mother Nature's" best water filter is sand. Water plants use it as do swimming pool filters. Sand and gravel is also used for septic leach fields and they have all kinds of cleaning chemicals dumped into them. So it's not that harsh on the environment.

They should be lucky they got the 1500 loop again. They seem like good people. The 2000 loop on The other hand this year is a whole different story. I rode it once and was stopped 3 times when kids and parents would not move out of the road while they salsa danced then I got a football thrown at my cart....intentionally. You could not pay me to stay on the 2000 loop

Not that I condone the practice, but "Mother Nature's" best water filter is sand. Water plants use it as do swimming pool filters. Sand and gravel is also used for septic leach fields and they have all kinds of cleaning chemicals dumped into them. So it's not that harsh on the environment.

The problem with dumping gray water on the ground is really not as much that motHer nature doesn't do a good job cleanu it up as much as the huge amount that would be dumped on a campsite with multiple campers on the same site week atpfter week after week.

When I camp out in the forest I don't have a problem with digging a pit and dumping gray water, but not in a developed campsite.

When I camp out in the forest I don't have a problem with digging a pit and dumping gray water, but not in a developed campsite.

I've been to many many developed campgrounds that have pits, as you describe, for dumping grey water, including state parks.

I agree with you, Dave.  But I still think there is a difference in the waste water that comes from a sink, and that from an automatic dishwasher....assuming typical dishwasher detergent is used because of the harsh chemicals those usually contain.  If someone wanted to use homemade or an environmentally friendly detergent, that would be better.  But the quantities of water which has been filled with all of the various chemical agents in typical dishwater detergent put out by a dishwasher would be damaging to the area, I would think.  

I agree with you, Dave.  But I still think there is a difference in the waste water that comes from a sink, and that from an automatic dishwasher....assuming typical dishwasher detergent is used because of the harsh chemicals those usually contain.  If someone wanted to use homemade or an environmentally friendly detergent, that would be better.  But the quantities of water which has been filled with all of the various chemical agents in typical dishwater detergent put out by a dishwasher would be damaging to the area, I would think.

What happens to those chemicals that go into septic tank leachfields and there are some at those farms and groves in the area. That water still ends up in the aquifer and in larger quantities.

As I said, I don't condone it, but the affect on the environment is probably little to none. More damage is done by the oil that washes off the pads/roads from leaking cars, trucks, motorhomes and the buses since much goes directly into the canals.