First outing, MVMCP

We're back and the pup is currently being aired out, figure I would try writing a trip report Friday December 11 b71cea04f6eb6c78c7f94383061d3719.jpg We left the house around 11:30 am, eta per the gps was 2:35 pm. The ride up was uneventful we had to stop in Haines city so my oldest could use the potty We arrived at the fort just before 3 pm and there were no lines at check in. We were assigned site 234, I honestly thought I had booked a different type of site. I checked the app and saw it said difficult back in but I was up for a challenge as everything had gone smoothly thus far. We got to the site around 3:10 and had the trailer backed in where I wanted it after a few tries. Being new to towing every attempt is going to have its issues. It took me 40 min to get the site fully set up, then a quick shower and change and off to MVMCP726a5179037ecad02bfb3aff131d255f.jpg Because we were so close to the boat launch no busses were needed with 2 electrics scooters We were able to catch the 4:15 boat And we were in the park around 4:45 after the trip and back check Our boys had a great time at the parade ae78fab84223b9250657865e13bde0c2.jpga021d77698a143aa1e86755aa601b017.jpg

Playing in the snow

237ee981405377575f71b3727aa58ed1.jpg

Saturday December 14th

Woke up late due to the party the previous night, pancakes for breakfast and then it was off to Disney Springs

0deaccfa708c3d6a62a63f4e0f2b9e3d.jpg

Waiting patiently for the bus

We went to guest relations at DS to exchange our voucher for our annual pass, found out that I was not going to have to pay the difference to upgrade to the new silver pass they did it automatically. Free parking!

Then it was off to our usual stops at the Lego store

26e4a1cf1ebd523bf0e4b7815b763ddb.jpg

And then to t-Rex for lunch

We used our Landry select card and got out table at noon on a Saturday in under 10 minutes

9796a24d4fde64499da8c1cb5a557930.jpg8fe239405d13b8a70367762421aaa3e5.jpgabe2b02b6f212b150ff77b0cf7e7116a.jpg

We checked out some of the new areas like the boathouse and then it was time to get to Hollywood studios

We had fast passes for toy story, frozen, and Disney Jr

314585eb940657481c0bc250331c814e.jpg

Horrible exchange rate

We the took in the lights

1dde6cafcbbadf31f798944d293ac5e1.jpgc4d82bcff500b53096b98c056966cb34.jpg

Then it was back to the camper for dinner

Followed by looping to see the lights.

Meet Dave and saw the castle https://vimeo.com/149180101

Then we went to pioneer hall and enjoyed the rockers and finished off the night with the electrical parade and fireworks

8d6e7b75af3b642c33648cca6524f794.jpg

Back to bed for the lil guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL at the exchange rate!

Good job getting to the Osborne Lights.  You didn't mention how you got to DHS from Disney Springs.  How did you get there?  Did you encounter any of the transportation/parking problems that have been the subject of much discussion of late?

So, the rocking chairs are back on the porch at Trail's End?  This is the first I've heard of that.

And, it looks like all the lights on the big Christmas tree were lit.  That's newsworthy as well.

TCD

40 minutes to fully set up is impressive. I'm glad y'all made it to the party and enjoyed short waits.

TCD

Keys to success

1 organization

2 teamwork

3 power tools/ specific tools

The trunk is organized in first out first used

W

My wife sets up the table and chairs while I set up the camper and the does the inside when I take a shower

Power lift on a pop up makes it simple, as does the bal leveler, and the drill for the scissor jacks

LOL at the exchange rate!

Good job getting to the Osborne Lights.  You didn't mention how you got to DHS from Disney Springs.  How did you get there?  Did you encounter any of the transportation/parking problems that have been the subject of much discussion of late?

So, the rocking chairs are back on the porch at Trail's End?  This is the first I've heard of that.

And, it looks like all the lights on the big Christmas tree were lit.  That's newsworthy as well.

TCD

We took the bus back to the fort and then took the bus to the studios

Signage around 2 pm said lots were full

However they were not

The signs were seen every day saying the lots were full at all hours, even when we left Monday morning around 11 on I 4 they we're saying lot full and to park at Epcot

As for the chairs

They had 4 there

a760e6932db9b2113b1f3cb1f4a6a6d3.jpg

Keys to success 1 organization 2 teamwork 3 power tools/ specific tools The trunk is organized in first out first used W My wife sets up the table and chairs while I set up the camper and the does the inside when I take a shower Power lift on a pop up makes it simple, as does the bal leveler, and the drill for the scissor jacks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done.

The only issue I have with all of these power tools is that you're getting everything done so fast and effortlessly that there's no time for beer breaks.

TCD

Sunday December 13th If we only knew what was gonna happen.... The plan for the day was EPCOT in the morning, and magic kingdom in the afternoon followed by the campfire singalong and movie 48ffe4985054a683fecedcd22bc8132c.jpg I decided to take the launch to MK where I could the grab the monorail to Epcot... Apparently I was way wrong on that idea We got to mk to find out the express loop does not run till 11 am so we took the mono from there to TTC and switched to the Epcot line 9c1dc991ddb171a06fe5f93958d2cb88.jpg The new solar installations getting prepped Our only plan at Epcot was to do nemo and lunch 391befc37afd14f7d2c8cf9b9d1fc66b.jpg Our boys love the aquarium 4ed5c8d82bea1b743fa38bf68310413d.jpg After our play time at nemo we only had 12 min to make our reservations at Via Napoli We strapped the kids in the stroller and we're off, made it with a few minutes to spare as the park was empty on Sunday for some odd reason. I say odd because nemo was a 5 min wait, test track was 15 min and soarin was 30 min and thus was at 11 am We had our fill of pizza and then went to Mexico to ride 3 caballeros When we finished that it was time to head back to MK for our fast passes We hit up mine train, my youngest was just tall enough to go, but my oldest was too nervous so mom and him went on Winnie the Pooh while lil dude and I took on the train. After that it was off to buzz light year, then the people mover, and we finished our day at the speedway where it started to pour while we buckled into the car.

It's now 5 pm and with it raining as well as the mvmcp people starting to show up it was time to go. We got back to the camper had dinner and then disaster strikes! My oldest out of nowhere starts becoming ill, so we skip the fire due to rain and his illness, after his 4th or 5th time loosing his dinner I opt to cancel our breakfast at trails end and call it a trip. We were slated to check out in the morning anyway and had plans to hit AK but It was a long night with a sick kid, and by morning I was starting to feel the bad vibes.

My best guess is it was norovirus and now 2 of the 4 had symptoms, it was not easy packing up a wet campsite and then driving home Monday. Luckily we made it home with no accident or issues from either one of us, but now all 4 had symptoms of said virus. I got the pup set back up in the driveway to air out and it was off to bed for me On a positive note I did average 16 mpg while towing and my tv only gets 19 mpg at best when not towing Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer about the kid getting sick. Good thing you're kind of local- you'll be back.

I decided to take the launch to MK where I could the grab the monorail to Epcot... Apparently I was way wrong on that idea We got to mk to find out the express loop does not run till 11 am so we took the mono from there to TTC and switched to the Epcot line

I'm confused about what you're saying here. You don't think the express monorail goes to EPCOT, do you?

TCD

Yes I did... Poor planning on my part Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just so you don't make the same mistake again- the Express Monorail only stops at the TTC and the MK.  It doesn't go to Epcot.

The Epcot monorail runs between the TTC and Epcot.  It doesn't go on the MK track.  It's a separate system.

TCD