I remember TCD talking about going up on the balcony at Pioneer Hall and just thought he shimmied up one of the poles.  Now that I see this picture, I'm thinking that maybe you can just walk out there if you are seated in the upper balcony inside.  Is this true?  Or is that something that used to be allowed that isn't anymore?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the old train cars was used as a waiting area for people waiting for the horse back trail ride in it old location. The old location of the trail ride was as you heading down the main road the unhitching area on the right on the other side of the side walks. That side walk was built on the old bedding from the train track.

I remember TCD talking about going up on the balcony at Pioneer Hall and just thought he shimmied up one of the poles.  Now that I see this picture, I'm thinking that maybe you can just walk out there if you are seated in the upper balcony inside.  Is this true?  Or is that something that used to be allowed that isn't anymore?

It may not be 'allowed', but that balcony can be accessed from inside upstairs.  The doors to the HDDR are usually open all day.  I thought about sneaking in and taking a quick trip out there on our last trip. :rofl2:  But, alas, I am a big chicken!  :rofl2:

One of the old train cars was used as a waiting area for people waiting for the horse back trail ride in it old location. The old location of the trail ride was as you heading down the main road the unhitching area on the right on the other side of the side walks. That side walk was built on the old bedding from the train track.

Oh what I wouldn't give to have that car right now.

It may not be 'allowed', but that balcony can be accessed from inside upstairs.  The doors to the HDDR are usually open all day.  I thought about sneaking in and taking a quick trip out there on our last trip. >:D  But, alas, I am a big chicken!  :D

Tony you are right TCD took a pic of me out there last year

It may not be 'allowed', but that balcony can be accessed from inside upstairs.  The doors to the HDDR are usually open all day.  I thought about sneaking in and taking a quick trip out there on our last trip. >:D  But, alas, I am a big chicken!  :D

Photographic evidence pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! :)

It may not be 'allowed', but that balcony can be accessed from inside upstairs.  The doors to the HDDR are usually open all day.  I thought about sneaking in and taking a quick trip out there on our last trip. >:D  But, alas, I am a big chicken!  :rofl2:

Found it Tony

July4th2010633.jpg

It may not be 'allowed', but that balcony can be accessed from inside upstairs.  The doors to the HDDR are usually open all day.  I thought about sneaking in and taking a quick trip out there on our last trip. >:D  But, alas, I am a big chicken!  :popo:

Found it Tony

July4th2010633.jpg

:rofl2:

This could become a fiend assignment, like the Post a Pic from "Colson's Crossing" and "Trails End Porch" over at the dis.  Groucho glasses and nose optional.

While on the Segway Tour, the CM doing the narrative, told how the Water Slide in the Meadows Pool is the remains of the old Outpost Water Tower used by the Fort Wilderness Train.

The Water Tower was first located at the Outpost Depot - yes - what is now the Outpost Bus Depot had it's beginnings as a Train Depot.  Once the train was shut down for good, the water tower was moved to River Country.  Now it has found new life as the slide at the Meadow Pool.

Back in the early ?mid 80?s you could only rent golf carts for the ? or full day because the cart didn?t have lights. After listening to guest and seeing more $$$$$ the cart can bring in Disney started adding lights to a few of their carts in the mid 80?s and started the 24hr rental. Back then it was a true 24hr rental if you picked the cart up at 11am it had to be back by 11am the next day. Disney didn?t take cart reservations back then it was first come first serve. So on busy Holiday weekends people would start lining up at the bike barn sometimes as early as 4am to get in line for a cart when the bike barn opened at 8am. It was not uncommon by 8am to see 15-20 people just sitting waiting for a cart. There was not waiting list you had to be there. You would see people sitting in front of the bike barn all day just waiting for carts to be returned and a chance to get one.

Back in the early ?mid 80?s you could only rent golf carts for the ? or full day because the cart didn?t have lights. After listening to guest and seeing more $$$$$ the cart can bring in Disney started adding lights to a few of their carts in the mid 80?s and started the 24hr rental. Back then it was a true 24hr rental if you picked the cart up at 11am it had to be back by 11am the next day. Disney didn?t take cart reservations back then it was first come first serve. So on busy Holiday weekends people would start lining up at the bike barn sometimes as early as 4am to get in line for a cart when the bike barn opened at 8am. It was not uncommon by 8am to see 15-20 people just sitting waiting for a cart. There was not waiting list you had to be there. You would see people sitting in front of the bike barn all day just waiting for carts to be returned and a chance to get one.

To add to this - the carts didn't have windshields, either.  In the winter months Meadow & Settlement could not stock enough Saran Wrap!!  This always made me laugh for some reason!!

The guests in the winter time used to use the saran wrap/plastic cling wrap around the front of the carts to shield themselves from the wind.  If you have ever been on a cart at night during a cold front coming through, you need a blanket with the windshield, much less without!