Boatload of Hollywood Studios Rumors

Lots of speculation from Kenny the Pirate on a good number of rumors swirling for Hollywood Studios...

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/01/31/rumor-round-up-hollywood-studios-a-tribute-to-all-attractions-but-mostly-star-wars/

I think my favorite if a permanent Star Wars overlay for Rock n Roller Coaster.  If I remember correctly, the initial licensing agreement with Aerosmith was up years ago. It would certainly fit the onslaught of Star Wars "stuff" coming to the park -although it's not really in the right location -  and it doesn't seem like something that would be too difficult to do.

I live Aerosmith and I love the coaster but it would be nice if it was changed. I think the Star Wars theme would be cool and if not permanent I hope they don't go back to the same as it is now.

I guess I never put 2 and 2 together and realized that the mermaid fountain will be leaving ? that's the only thing I will miss back there other than the Osborne lights.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I don't see how they could do an overlay of RnR. 

Well I hope they don't. But give them 3 years and they could do it.  As long as they are ruining good rides they could change Tower of Terror into Death Star Elevator.

11 hours ago, Beckers said:

They did do rnr with Star War music for a blog meet up night. I just hope if they do it, it done right and fast. That park can't handle many more closures.

They mostly switched up the lighting and music for that, but it wouldn't be horribly hard to switch up the little bit you see on the ride itself (mostly just day glo signs) and come up with a clever way to "Star Wars up" the facade.

I think Kenny should stick to looking for characters.

I had a hard time understanding his article, other than he was simply regurgitating a bunch of half-baked rumors. Since he's such a WDW expert, it would have been interesting to read about what he thought about each rumor.

I don't believe that there will be a Star Wars overlay at Rock N Rollercoaster.  Why would they do that?  There's plenty enough demand for that ride already.  Adding new stuff to it isn't going to help with anything. It would be cheaper and more effective for them to add some new Star Wars stuff in other locations around the park- maybe in that gigantic new space next to RNRC, or in some of the vacant space in the old animation attraction.

TCD