From Disney Parks Blog...

New Star Wars Nighttime Spectacular Announced, Set to Make Theme Park History

aa89e1fd793e4eed52553813f14c340f?s=32&d=

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

If there’s one word you could use to describe Star Wars – from the films and the excitement that surrounds them, to the loyal fandom – that word just might be “epic.” It also describes the exciting new offerings that are heading to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this spring.

Today, we’re happy to share that plans are currently in the works for a new Star Wars stage show and procession, as well as a nighttime spectacular so elaborate it’s set to make Disney’s Hollywood Studios history. Like I said, epic.

The Force will officially awaken at the park April 4, with the debut of the brand new Star Wars stage show, “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away.” The new show will play out iconic moments from the film saga on Center Stage (in front of the Chinese Theater), and will feature appearances from Star Wars characters like Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

Also starting April 4, Captain Phasma will begin leading a platoon of First Order stormtroopers on a march from Star Wars Launch Bay to Center Stage multiple times each day.

New Star Wars Nighttime Spectacular Announced, Set to Make Theme Park History

And starting this summer, fans won’t want to miss the grand debut of a new Star Wars fireworks show, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.” This new nightly show is the next generation of the current Star Wars-inspired fireworks show. The show will combine fireworks, pyrotechnics, special effects and video projections that will turn the nearby Chinese Theater and other buildings into the twin suns of Tatooine, a field of battle droids, the trench of the Death Star, Starkiller Base and other Star Wars destinations. The show will be punctuated with a tower of fire and spotlight beams, creating massive lightsabers in the sky. This new show will be the most elaborate fireworks display to take place in the history of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

And don’t forget about the other recent Star Wars additions that have debuted at the park. The Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction now features new characters and planets from the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens film. Star Wars Launch Bay offers families an up-close look at replica props, models, costumes and more from the films, plus the chance to encounter with someone from Rebel Alliance or the Dark Side. And young Padawans can put their bravery to the test at Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, which now features the character of the Seventh Sister from the Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels.

Which of these new Star Wars offerings are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments section below.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/02/new-star-wars-nighttime-spectacular-announced-set-to-make-theme-park-history/

We were at Hilton Bonnet Creek last Friday night and saw the fireworks from HS.  Aren't they already Star Wars themed?  It looked like we were really close to where they were launching from, and we could hear the Star Wars theme.

Next morning I looked out our window, and saw that we were not too far from Pop Century/Art of Animation, but still quite a ways from HS. But those fireworks sure looked close!

Guess they must pipe the music to the Disney Resorts that can see the show?

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We were at Hilton Bonnet Creek last Friday night and saw the fireworks from HS.  Aren't they already Star Wars themed?  It looked like we were really close to where they were launching from, and we could hear the Star Wars theme.

Next morning I looked out our window, and saw that we were not too far from Pop Century/Art of Animation, but still quite a ways from HS. But those fireworks sure looked close!

Guess they must pipe the music to the Disney Resorts that can see the show?

They don't pipe the music that I have ever found. They are currently themed to Star Wars but apparently going to get a big expansion to them. 

And i I learned something interesting j will share in the next post

So I learned something I wasn't aware of today. 

Apparently Disney pulled a permit back in November for a new fireworks launch site. It sits across world drive and scores from the back of DHS

i have seen a satellite shot that a hood chunk of land there has been cleared. 

I know a topic TCD brought up in the past was the closing of the back of the park to launch fireworks was a drag. Guess they decided to address that issue for the new fireworks. Sounds like fireworks at DHS will be around as a permanent fixture.

16 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They don't pipe the music that I have ever found. They are currently themed to Star Wars but apparently going to get a big expansion to them. 

And i I learned something interesting j will share in the next post

I'm pretty sure I heard the Star Wars Theme at the beginning.  I think we were too far from HS to hear it.

But maybe it was my mind playing tricks

• 1 month later...

from WDWMagic...

Symphony in the Stars fireworks dates available for May

1 hour ago

Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios is now scheduled for dates through to the end of May 2016.

Since its debut late last year, the show has been performed daily, but schedules for May list the show taking place around 4 times each week at 9:45pm.

View the full schedule on our calendar.

Article Posted: Apr 18, 2016 / 10:32am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/symphony-in-the-stars---a-galactic-spectacular/news/18apr2016-symphony-in-the-stars-fireworks-dates-available-for-may.htm

• 3 weeks later...

From WDWMagic...

PHOTOS - Construction well underway on new nighttime spectacular projection system at Disney's Hollywood Studios

3 days ago in "Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular"

Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular firework show construction

Construction is progressing quickly on the new projection system for the soon-to-open "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular."

Two towers are now in position on Hollywood Blvd that will house the projectors that will be used for the show. 

Near the Great Movie Ride exit, the wall that will be used as one of the projection surfaces is behind a scrim.

The new show opens in June and promises to be a next generation version of the popular Star Wars fireworks show that has been playing since last year.

"Through state-of-the-art special effects that project onto the nearby Chinese Theatre and other surrounding buildings, guests will gaze at the twin suns of Tatooine, push through a field of battle droids, navigate through an asteroid field, soar down the trench of the Death Star and deliver the final blow to destroy Starkiller Base. The show, which will unfold through a series of acts, will be punctuated by a tower of fire as well as powerful spotlight beams that create lightsabers in the sky."

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-a-galactic-spectacular/news/06may2016-photos---construction-well-underway-on-new-projection-system-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm